Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Where is the best location for a hookah lounge?

So we had a conversation about hookah lounges few days ago and I thought a category entirely on starting hookah lounges will help those looking to open one in future.

so where do you think is the best location for a hookah lounge? Somewhere close to a university? Somewhere downtown and expensive?

I plan on opening mine in the city I grew up in... It has a big university only a couple bars a movie theater a theme park and no hookah bars! If I can get some customers from the university that would spread the word around about the first hookah sports bar I'd be set

Let's talk about the cost in another thread.

In terms of location, i think you have to decide one of the following options:

- Choose the type of customers you want to serve (the price point, etc) and then choose a location that matches that

- Choose a location that you think will be good , then do research on how much people in that area (or people who go to that area often) spend and want to see on the menu

City with a population greater than 1 million and at least 2 universities in close proximity would give you some pretty promised income (assuming you know what you're doing) and give you lots of marketing to do.

I think even small cities can work. I am a fan of smaller hookah lounges with a large number of repeat customers than a lot of first timers.

Oh definitely. I definitely think they can work in small cities. Even small towns with universities. But I personally would look at cities because I love big cities, and also there is a lot you can do to market and promote your business.

Hey m from a rural area and want to know that can I start a Hookah lounge over there if yes, then how much will it cost and what are the basic details that i need to know... please guide me through these.

That is a loaded question... I do recommend that you look over the previous threads on starting a lounge and see what information you can find. If you have any questions after that, you can make a new thread, and we'll see what advice we can offer