Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

What do you need to start a hookah lounge?

What do you need to start a hookah lounge?

I'll start with Hookahs :)

Permits

Property

List of suppliers

Capitol

Experience with hookahs (my friends call me a hookah pro ha)

Some type of accountant or a way of keeping track of your finances

Insurance

Personally I think that serving food is important. You don't have to do three course meals but it's another thing to draw in a crowd and keep people well fed and hydrated while smoking, often for the first time. It's also extra profit.

There are lots that have hookahs and a full bar but they usually have less energetic crowd and don't encourage loud and rowdy people to attend. Some have a rule that customers can't touch the hookahs and they must be moved/removed by employees.

I do agree that serving food and alcohol are important. Mainly because for you to stay profitable you need to monetize the store during the entire day.

So serving coffee in the morning, food at lunch and dinner (with hookah) and hookahs in afternoon and at night is the way to go.

I'd think about finding some nice comfortable lounge sorts of chairs for people to sit on, so that they can relax as they smoke. Maybe do that and have tables where people can eat.

I agree. I hate places that have loud music (specially when they're not even a club or anything)

Yep! The worst is the constant rap and hip/hop in a hookah lounge. It's amazing how these people stay in business. Well, actually no its not... its because nobody has come around to do it right and challenge them on the open market! Let's do it, ppl!

hahaha well i listen to lonely island alot . but that s me bc im the funny guy whos always the center of attenion. after i get a few more songs ill send you the link it. its on playlist.com

Yep! The worst is the constant rap and hip/hop in a hookah lounge. It's amazing how these people stay in business.

Reminds me of the place I smoked at right after I graduated high school, before I knew any better. We always suspected they put sawdust in their shisha.

That link is definitely a great start. The only thing I disagree with is the need for alcohol. With continuously restrictive laws being put into place with smoking, alcohol, and food in an establishment, it could be unwise to jump into that because its perceived as an "essential" part of a hookah lounge. Hookah creates its own community and as long as the atmosphere and quality is good, hookah sales can more than support an establishment alone.

eh, I do think alcohol (wine/beer at least) are necessary for a lounge. Not liquor - too much for a chill hookah lounge.

If not main courses, appetizers are a must

eh, I do think alcohol (wine/beer at least) are necessary for a lounge. Not liquor - too much for a chill hookah lounge.

If not main courses, appetizers are a must

absolutely hookah beer food sports! awesome combo. also i think if you offer some alcohol and food ppl wouldnt have to leave to get it. its that whole one stop shop concept. like stated earlier i know i get hungry when i hookah. some garlic fries or a pizza would hit the spot . and i know me always down for some good beer.