Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jcy123

23 Flavors Reviewed!!!!!

Guest jcy123

Ok folks, I just got my shipment of ma'sal in from Hookah-Hookah!!!

I will keep this thread updated each time I try a new flavor. Make sure you check back!!!

Guest jcy123

OK!!

I have three for the forum (all from Hookah-Hookah):

Black Herbal: Mixed Fruit

Smell: Very fruity and strong.

Texture: Much finer shred than Al-waha, almost looks like pipe tobacco but much lighter.

Smoke: After the second draw, smoke was very thick and voluminous.

Taste: Pleasant fruity mix, however aftertaste reminded me of a mixed fruit chapstick...almost numbed the mouth like if you have ever eaten chapstick...hahaha, hey I was a kid!!!

Overall: 5/10 I wasn't pleased with the aftertaste at all. The only redeeming factor was recognizable fruity taste.

Hookah Freak: Atomic Fireball

Smell: Exactly like a wet Atomic Fireball!!!

Texture: Much finer shred than Al-waha, almost looks like pipe tobacco but much lighter.

Taste: Very sweet draw with a definite cinnamon aftertaste which sometimes catches you off gaurd :)

Overall: 8.5/10 I was very pleased with this ma'sal. About half way through the session I added some Nakhla mint to it and it enhanced the cinnamon. Be sure to clean your arguileh thoroughly, this is strong!

Hookah Hookah: Lemonade

Smell: Lemencello-like smell, very nice!!!

Smoke: After the third or fourth draw smoke was on par with the rest.

Taste: Very sweet flavor of lemon. Subtle enough to let you know it's there but not overpowering to the point that it tastes like candy.

Overall: 9/10 I am smoking this right now and it gets better every draw. I like this a lot. It definitely warrants a bigger purchase (I also have a little mint in here too...tastes fantastic...am I the only one who adds mint to everything?)

Enjoy!!!

Note: I am using Waha's texture as my base. I figure that most of us have come in contact with it...

Guest jcy123

Black Herbal: Kiwi

Smell: Very much like blue bubblicious, not like Kiwi...

Texture: Much finer shred than Al-waha, black in color and not very leafy at all.

Taste: Very light blueberry taste. Overall smoke was very light tasting and almost unnoticeable however volume was never an issue.

Overall: 6.5/10 Not too bad (if rated on taste-to-name, 2/10). I wouldn't buy any more than 50gr at a time and purely as a mixer. I am still on the fence about these herbal blend ma'sals.

I like it. Actually I might use the same format for my own reviews on the blog...

Thanks for the reviews again

Guest SmokeKagu

I add mint to almost everything :P

my friend hates when i do that though. i think he likes mint but i do it so damn much

Guest jcy123

Hookah Hookah: Mango

Smell: Faint mango smell, but more like generic tropical fruit smell...hard to place a finger on it...

Texture: Much finer shred than Al-waha, light brown color like the other hookah hookah tobaccos.

Smoke: Was hard to get a thick draw...then I realized I made an arguileh foul and packed the bowl too tight. After that it was nice volume smoke, but not as much as the previous sample.

Taste: Almost non existent. I could tell there was a fruit flavor, but it didn't stand out at all.

Overall: 4/10 Overall experience wasn't great. Would definitely not spend my money on it again.

Guest jcy123

Hookah Freak: Peach Cobler

Smell: Definitely a peach smell, but for some reason I did not like it at ALL...and I am a really big peach fan.

Texture: Much finer shred than Al-waha, light brown color like the other hookah hookah and Freak tobaccos.

Smoke: Got a thick draw after 30 seconds, a little longer than usual. After initial warm-up everything was good.

Taste: AMAZING!!! I was surprised at how good this stuff tasted as compared to how I thought it smelled. It had a great homestyle peach flavor and wasn't harsh in the least.

Overall: 9/10 An awesome ma'sal. I definitely recommend this to any peach lovers!!!

On a side note, my idiot roommate, who is never here, decided he was going to take my arguileh into the kitchen for me cause we were going to smoke...and he dropped the base of my arguilleh...and it shattered...my beautiful blue and gold syrian base....I'm heartbroken!!!!

That's horrible! I would be heart broken as well. I almost broke the base on my smaller hookah one time. I was pretty buzzed from the session, and when I stood up to take the hookah back in, I grabed in by the stem and started carrying it. Right as I realized what I had done, it the base literally fell off. I had to do some moves that Chuck Norris taught me to save it! I cried with relief ;)

Sorry for Your Loss!

I did try the Hookah Freak tobacco as well and guess what, I wont try it again. Maybe its just me, but the flavor had nothing in common with my typical flavors.