Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

The Cost of Starting a Hookah Lounge

The cost is largely dependent on the location, rent, etc.

For the equipment you can buy mostly everything used at a much lower cost. One time I did some back of paper calculations and came up with a $40,000 minimum budget to start a better than average hookah lounge

This is the area I've been most interested in. I was told that there are certain grants I can get to start a business but does any one knorr if I can use one towards a hookah bar??

As much as this sucks, I bet it will be pretty hard to get a government grant for starting a hookah bar specifically. However, it might be possible to get one generally for starting a small business. I know there are a lot of tax incentives going on right now for hiring employees, etc.

Start a bank, fail, and ask for bail out. That seems like it's been working lately.

joking aside, i dont know of any grants personally that is federal. Each state might have its own incentives though

I think if you wanted some kind of a grant, go to the city itself and see if they will offer any incentives for using buildings in the downtown that have remained empty for some time. Some cities (if they have lots like this) will cut you a deal and say no taxes on the property for a few years and possibly be able to help you find money to renovate a downtown building.

Worth a look..