Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smokerings07

Hookah Lounge Market Research

Question

I answered your poll. I hope you also have the courtesy to stick around the forum too and not just try to use it to your advantage.

Of course! I enjoy this forum and have come to look at reviews on different lounges... I just haven't had too much time to actively engage. But perhaps I will make more of an effort now that I have an account.

I did a bunch of market research myself few years ago and even start writing a How to Start a Hookah Lounge guide (50 pages or so).

I might have to bring that project to life again. lol

Wow, I think that would be extremely helpful for people, especially with emphasis on the necessity for caring about the quality you put out and great customer service. I feel that's where most lounges are lacking. Either way, the hookah lounge I work for has their stuff together and they do an excellent job across the board. This survey is for one, to test the polling capabilities of surveymonkey.com, and two, to gain a little information to make sure we are doing things the right way where we are.

this is one of the more informative forums i have been on. most of them are huge pissing matches aboot who knows the most. it seems that this forum was tailored to be informative. where are you putting a lounge?

I'm actually realizing that as I read some of the threads on here. It's safe to say I've been severely put off by the disrespectfulness of other hookah forums. I really can't stand the close-mindedness and ignorance of some who would say "This is the ONLY way to enjoy a hookah!!", but it seems that's the groupthink in other places. I will be frequenting this forum a lot more, and hopefully will have a lot to contribute!

We are looking at a few locations. Personally, I would love to see our company move out of the state, but I know we currently aren't in a position to take on a project like that. If I had my pick, I'd choose Nashville, TN, because its a vibrant, youthful city and there should be an American place which caters to the American palate and atmosphere, and I would like to see us establish that there with full emphasis on quality of hookah and customer service.

i agree full heartedly . and i have alot car forums too. thats twice as bad lol. i really enjoy this forum good group of chill ppl the only thing is i would prefer alittle more activity out of it but that will just take time i guess.

that sounds like a good business model. where were your other locations you had in mind? i wouldnt mind nashville they have an ok hockey team and its the home of country music.

Yes, Nashville would definitely be at the top of my list (though its not up to me, haha)... it's just fantastic all around. It's got that country music stigma about it, but the underground music scene there is pretty crazy. Other options would be locally around our area in Virginia.

thats a good call. i dont know aboot the laws there but here there was a huge public smoking ban. law states that no one can smoke in a public building. that made huge problems for the lounges here.

also are you going to invest in phunnel or vortex bowls and good washable hoses for your lounge?

We will be sticking with our normal routine, which would be washable Myas and social smoke bowls. Its just so much more durable and cost-efficient that way, and its no problem if a bowl breaks or a hose needs changing out.

And on the subject of laws, did they handle that by selling memberships and become a private club of sorts? Or did they have to switch to herbal shisha? Tennessee's laws seem some of the most lax.

I think it would be a great idea if we started using Phunnels for strictly Tangiers. It would be cool to switch over to Naturals from QL's too, but I don't think that's a possibility for our location. Either way, people seem to really like the Coconaras, but I can't get into them.

i dont think the mya are washable but a cheap hose goes just as far bc you can replace it 10x and it will cost the same as a washable. i personally the myas would be an efficient use of your money. the naturals i have had great luck with are the naras. but i bought some naturals awhile ago they were in a 6 pound back for like 10 bucks but they did not perform as well as the naras. since you dont like the naras i would try the mazayas. i havnt tried them yes but i have read good things aboot them

Ah, I see. I kind of want to see Quick Lights disappear cause it caused me headaches when I was managing that location, and I've heard pound for pound, the Naras are a better product than the Mazayas. Maybe I'll just keep smoking with them, and maybe my opinion will change. What is your opinion of the Japanese Canary Coals? And where are you from, btw?

i enjoyed them to be honest the shop that sold them here was abit steep.

here are the coals i was talking aboot. you litterally break off the pieces you wana use its never uniform and creates copious amounts of ash

but for the amount and the price its sorta worth it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137[/ATTACH]

This was the charcoal I first started using when I was introduced to hookah 4 years ago. I believe both the hookah lounges in my area used naturals like this as well. I spent a year in Jordan and ate up smoking hookah every day for $2-3 bucks. Then when I moved back State-side, I moved to Virginia. And the lounges here all used QL's, and it was a huge turn-off for me, but I eventually got used to it, and haven't used those ever since. However, I will say the naturals were dirt cheap when I picked them up in my town... something like $1.50 per bag. I've just gotten so used to heat management with QL's and getting on a regimented schedule of changing them out every 20 min, I wouldn't know where to start with the Naturals... I'll just have to re-learn!

good call. if i remeber it took a fair amount of this coal to get it going right. ive been using the QLs lately bc the are convenient not all my friends have a coil stove and im always smoking somewhere new.

Thanks. We're working on getting the wiki section more complete now, as soon as that is done I'll start a section for starting a hookah lounge.

Who knows, each of us might be able to start a lounges across the country and collaborate with each other :)

haha, i know. Have live camera feeds of each others lounge in the other lounges too