Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JuanDong

What's the best liquid to put in a base?

Question

Me and pineapple daddy have had many sessions using different things in the base, beer, milk, juice, hard alcohol, etc, so I'm curious what people use besides water

HAHAHAHAHA...

Oh man, I'm sorry. This very subject is the reason I got into hot water in another forum. Somebody asked this and immediately everybody jumped on the guy, making fun of him, calling him a noob essentially for asking such a "silly question". Because hookah "purists" or snobs only smoke blackleaf with room-temperature water, and anybody who likes it any other way has an undeveloped palate and can't truly appreciate hookah.

Dead serious. So I stuck up for the guy and said that if it weren't for forward-thinking and innovative new ways of doing things, hookah (much less society) wouldn't have progressed as far as it has. And of course, logic didn't actually strike them as something to be obtained.

Either way, I'll tell ya what I told that guy....

I love to put some Cran-Grape juice in to the base and mix up some AF Double Apple and AF White Grape up top. It is smack-yo-mamma sweet and is a nice dessert hookah. I've also had the opportunity to smoke Tangiers New Lime, Tangiers Green Apple Candy, and Starbuzz Pineapple mix with a Green Amp in the base, and that was surprisingly good. I believe that, when paired well with shisha, drinks can definitely be a great way to enhance the flavor.

Havana I have to laugh because, if people on a forum tried to make fun of me, I'd start clowning on them back, but yeah, we like trying new things

I won't go so far as to say they don't know anything, but I will say their unacceptance of other ways of doing things certainly creates a brick wall that won't get them very far.

ive learned that the people who have to down play others dont have alot of knowledge on what ever they talking aboot. the ones who really know what they are talking aboot like to share the knowledge . thats what i have found atleast.

In the lounge, we had a thing called an Ultimate Hookah, and it was basically a Double Bowl packed with whatever mix, a couple herbal shots up top, and two drinks in the base. It was pretty customary to always use Mountain Dew Voltage as one of those two drinks, because it goes well with a lot of things... the other drink was usually a Gatorade of some sort.

I've also used Root Beer in the base when smoking Tangiers Vanilla... it definitely had a very Old Timey taste to it. Not too shabby.

Ah here's the catch. See, the company I work for, we like to think "Three is Key" and take pride in our ability to pack delicious mixes. SO... I'll give you a list of the flavors I have, and you choose 3 for me to pack, complete with ratios.

Tangiers

Green Apple Candy

New Lime

Maraschino Cherry

Welsh Cream

Vanilla

Pear

Cane Mint

Pineapple

Coconut

Chocolate Mint

Melon Blend