Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Al Fakher Tobacco Flavors Reviews

Use this thread to review any Al Fakher Tobacco Flavor reviews....

Thanks

Nima

Guest Discordian

Alrighty, this is a review for Golden Al Fakher Bahrainin Apple

Pretty good smoke, but it seems to dwindle quickly.

I bought this under the assumption that it was "green apple" flavored. it is actually like double apple. Normally, I can't stand double apple because it seems like licorice and not apple. But this was different. It still tastes licoricey, but i can actually smoke it without much discomfort.

others may rate this higher as double apple may appeal to them, but I give this a 6/10 : /

Al Fakher – Gum Flavor

Hookah: Mini Mya

Bowl: Phunnel

Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty

Hose: Cobra hose

Coals: 2.5 Coconaras

Base Liquid: Water with Ice.

Appearance: Red, moderately juicy, a few stems

Smell: Smells like a pack of spearmint gum.

Taste: Exactly like spearmint gum – even down to the artificial sweetener.

Smoke: Thick! Nice & smooth.

Buzz: Gave us one within ten hits or so.

Duration: Taste lasted about 45 minutes, then started getting harsh and nasty.

Overall: 7/10.

If it would have lasted longer, I would have rated it better! Overall, it tasted exactly like I had imagined it too.

Al Fakher – Grenadine [Pomegranate]

Smell: Smells like I would imagine a pomegranate smelling.. It smells absolutely delicious..

Taste: Like really sweet pomegranate juice I think...This is my favorite shisha by far.

Smoke: Thick! Nice & smooth. [like usual]

Buzz: Didn’t get one.

Duration: Being it was my second session in a row, I didn’t have the tolerance to see how long it lasted.. But, I had it on for over an hour, and it was fine..

Overall: 10/10.

I’ve been looking for this flavor for months, thinking it was called pomegranate.. Low and behold, on an emergency shisha trip, I happen to ask what flavor it is, and they finally told me it was pomegranate, but in other countries it’s called Grenadine.

I would recommend this to anyone and everyone as long as you like sweet shishas!

Al Fakher – Lemon with mint

Smell: Smells like lemon!

Taste: Like Lemon with just a dash of mint. Refreshing and sweet!

Smoke: Thick! Nice & smooth. [like usual]

Buzz: Got one within a few mintues.

Duration: I let it go about an hour and a half, before I started getting a headache [i’ve been sick] Still running strong.

Overall: 8/10.

It’s refreshing and almost a perfect blend. I will smoke it over and over, believe me. I also recommend it to the mint lover!

Brand/Flavor:

Al Fakher Jasmine

Methodology:

-20 hits/person over 30 minutes

-3 individuals in the circle

-1 Coco Nara coal, offset holes rotated every few passes

-3-hose Mya Staff filled with ice water, small Heba diffuser attached

First Impressions:

Aroma was simply fantastic, smelled exactly like jasmine tea leaves. Very juicy, no stems. Finer cut, but not as thin as Hookah-Hookah.

Post Mortem:

Somewhat blackened, but still surprisingly juicy and aromatic. Almost didn't want to throw it away, but the foil started to burn.

Pros:

-Strong aroma of jasmine tea

-Thick smoke

-Decent buzz

Cons:

-Flavor was a little weak

Andrew's Thoughts:

Al Fakher is a giant in the American shisha market, and we felt obligated to give it a shot. As one of the few non-premium tobaccos out there consistently getting good reviews, I was excited to see what all the buzz is about (pardon the pun). Happily, Jasmine largely lived up to the hype. The smoke was thick and smooth, and though the bowl died with what appeared to be a smokeable mass remaining, that could have been an issue with our coals dying (we've been having lots of fun with coals lately). Though I wasn't knocked on my butt the way I am with Romman, I definitely felt some nicotine, which was likely enhanced by my dogged attempts at improving my smoke rings. The shisha smells fantastic, just like taking a tin of jasmine tea and holding it up to your nose. Unfortunately the flavor was not as strong, but then jasmine tea always smells stronger than it tastes.

Eric's Thoughts:

With the majority of my smoking experience falling within the Romman brand, I'm always open to try a new one. There's a fair amount I don't remember about smoking hookah before I owned my own, but one thing I do remember is that Al Fahker was a brand that we typically bought, due to its ready availability in the stores closer to home. But despite this, I was still slightly skeptical that Al Fahker would be able to stand up to our usual standards. Well I was wrong on that front. The Jasmine smelled like flowers and tasted exactly like it smelled, something that some shishas seem to have trouble with for some reason. But despite the quality of flavor, there simply wasn't enough of it. Some more flavor would have made this shisha simply excellent. The smoke was thick (once we figured out the coals) and the buzz was strong. All in all, a bit on the weaker side, but still very enjoyable through and through.

Conclusion:

A solid but subtle flavor that any tea aficionado would appreciate.

B+

Brand/Flavor:

Al Fakher Golden Eskandarani Apple

Methodology:

-26 hits/person over 35-40 minutes

-4 individuals in the circle

-3 CoCo Naras on medium generic phunnel

-3 hose Mya Staff filled with ice water with a small Heba diffuser

First Impressions:

The Al Fakher Golden line is something we've been meaning to sink our teeth into for a while now, and we were quite excited to have this lovely yellow box in our hands. The outer cardboard container opened to reveal a large golden zip-lock bag and a plastic tub, presumably for storage. The tub itself, while flimsy, lends itself well to the purpose, especially since the bottom is seamless and therefore unlikely to trap juices. The shisha itself was of typical semi-fine Al Fakher cut, extremely juicy yet happily undyed. It smelled quite fruity, particularly reminiscent of those gummy peach rings you can buy in gas stations, but with a tang of green apple peel.

Post Mortem:

Probably should have thrown a couple more coals on, because while it was quite cooked and a little burnt on the top, the bottom was still quite juicy. Smelled like baked apples or that apple cinnamon oatmeal stuff.

Pros:

-Delicious, interesting flavor that actually tastes like apple

-Produced moderate to thick smoke

Cons:

-Buzz is a bit on the mild side

-Flavor might be stronger

Andrew's Thoughts:

I've heard some good things about this shisha, so I was extremely excited when this order came in. Packing our new phunnel (which takes much larger quantities than our old Mya/Egyptian bowls), it was immediately obvious just how juicy this stuff is. While not weirdly syrupy (i.e. like Starbuzz), it is definitely quite moist, especially after mixing up the stuff at the bottom of the bag. After just one or two pulls we were puffing away happily, with only a few problems related to shisha getting stuck to the foil (this was NOT an issue in subsequent sessions). The smell of this stuff is remarkably similar to its flavor, much like a tangy-er version of those gummy peach rings (as mentioned above). You can really taste the green apple, though it avoids the overly artificial flavor of candies like Warheads. While I was far from passed out by the end of this session, I definitely felt a buzz going, but it is worth remembering that I have something of a tolerance, as I smoke quite a bit. Overall, it's a solid flavor that I think most people would enjoy. We've smoked this stuff quite a bit now, and I look forward smoking it some more.

Eric's Thoughts:

Ok so I typically respond one of two ways to hype. On the one hand, I sometimes go with it and end up being the tip of the spear leading the charge in positive words for something. Other times, it only serves to make me more skeptical of a product. This time I was of the former mind. Unfortunately there are some pitfalls that come with being in that state of mind. One of which is relative disappointment. Ok time out, I'm not saying this shisha is bad...you'll see what I mean later on. The smoke was great and lots of fun to play with. The flavor was strong and fruity. Not candy-like, much more naturally sweet. While it didn't exactly bulls-eye the apple mark, it was still spectacular and distinctly fruity and much closer to apple unlike some "apple" related flavors we've smoked in the past. The buzz was more mild than usual, not the kind of knock you off you feet buzz that you'd get from Romman, but still solid. So, do I think this is a great flavor? Yes. Do I think you should go out and get it? Yes. So where is the disappointment you ask? While it was a great flavor and great smoke, it ended up still not being that perfect shisha that some people believe it is. Bottom line is, don't believe the hype, but buy this stuff on its own, more realistic merits.

Conclusion:

Solid, subtle, but not perfect, Al Fakher's Golden Eskandarani Apple is strong addition to any hookah smoker's inventory. While it's relatively weak showings in both nicotine and flavor hold it back from a perfect A, it's definitely worth giving a shot.

A-

Once again, pics on the blog.

Brand/Flavor:

Al Fakher Golden Rose

Methodology:

-26 hits/person for me and Eric, 12 for Caroline over 30 minutes

-3 individuals in the circle

-Mya Staff filled with ice water, heba diffuser attached

-2 CocoNara coals on a Mya bowl

First Impressions:

Looks pretty typical for Al Fakher tobacco, but smells fantastic. Quite juicy, much like the Golden Eskandarani Apple.

Post Mortem:

Still a little moist, might have gone a little longer with more coals.

Pros:

-Incredibly strong and complex flavor

-Smells every bit as good as it tastes

-Moderate to strong buzz

Cons:

-Possible issue with bowl duration

Andrew's Thoughts:

Having just reviewed the Golden Eskandarani, I had high hopes for the Golden Rose, and I was not disappointed. This stuff is fantastic, from beginning to end. The flavor is intoxicating, with a fruity sweetness and citrusy undertones that complement the rose perfectly. The thick clouds fill the room with a rosey perfume, which along with the moderate buzz left me quite sedated.

Though there was some question of how long the tobacco lasts, it seems from a few subsequent experiments that we probably could have kept this bowl going a little longer. In fact, it's very difficult to find any fault with this shisha at all. At worst, it occasionally errs on the side of too much flavor, which distorts the actual taste a little, but it's hardly noticeable. This is now easily one of my favorite tobaccos. Not only would I buy this flavor again, but it is going to replace Romman Rose in our regular lineup.

Eric's Thoughts:

When you take our satisfaction with rose flavored shishas, and cross that with our happiness with Al Fakher's Golden Apple Eskandarani, the resulting venn diagram would suggest that our next logical step would be to try Al Fakher's Golden Rose. This stuff smells much stronger than any rose we've ever had before, strong enough that I was slightly uneasy with its strength before we even started smoking it. Well all my fears were dashed the minute I started smoking it. This rose is by far the best rose I have ever had ever. Now I don't pretend to be some kind of rose shisha expert, but this is pretty much everything I wanted out of a rose shisha, strong sweet rose flavor, thick smoke and a knock your socks off buzz. I knew this stuff was really worthwhile the minute I found myself actively trying to look for problems and not coming up with much that couldn't be attributed to the fact that Andrew and I smoked this at near 4am and were both too tired or lazy to really take care of the coal. And even given our slightly half-assed heat management, the bowl still performed very well. I absolutely look forward to smoking this again, and once I run out, I will quickly buy more. This is a must buy for anyone who likes rose.

Peanut Gallery:

(Caroline)

I have been a huge fan of Romman Rose since I started smoking, and I didn’t think anything could beat it. The Golden Rose does though, and by a wide margin. The flavor is incredibly strong and very sweet. I definitely agree with Andrew on this one—I’m never smoking the Romman again.

Conclusion:

This is our first A tobacco. Need I say more? Unless you really don't like rose, go out and buy this. Now.

A

Guest Genie

I won't go into a big long review with this. It's not worth it. The flavor was mild. Smoke was fine, won't buy it again since the flavor was too subtle and uninteresting.

Guest Genie

Brand/Flavor:

Al Fakher Grenadine

Methodology:

Me, my Bambino, Phunnel bowl, two layers of foil crinkled up. Three Shishaco coals.

First Impressions:

Smells awesome out of the box. Very wet and juicy looking. Ever so slightly artificial in smell, but only slightly. The smell reminded me faintly of Big Red. The initial taste was.. . meh. And that's how I felt about it through the whole first session. Subtle, not much flavor. But I tried it again (cuz I was actually craving it) and liked it more. It's not that the flavor improved, I think maybe it had to do with a more accepting palate that day. Maybe I hadn't eaten as close to the session? The flavor is definitely subtle, but good. It's a mild, relaxing smoke. The flavor won't knock you over but I think I'll get this again. Just a nice, gently flavored smoke. Clouds were okay. I'm not the queen of clouds yet. Don't know if you can "listen" to a shisha when you smoke it. But this one needs you to turn your senses to it to enjoy it. I find it worth it. I have enough left for just one more session, saving it for the fall when I can enjoy it with some hot tea.

Post Mortem:

Some moisture still on the bottom, I could have fluffed it a bit more when I first packed it and probably gotten a little more out of it.

Pros:

-Gently flavored, smooth, subtle, pleasant

-Smells incredible out of the jar

-Very little buzz.

Cons:

-May be too subtle for some.

-Fans of stronger tobaccos will be disappointed.

Conclusion:

I like it. I don't always want my socks knocked off. Sometimes I just want to kick back and enjoy something gentle, subtle, and not too overwhelming. Looking forward to having more of it. I think it would be a great shisha to use to introduce to new hookah smokers.

C+

Guest Genie

Brand/Flavor:

Al Fakher Guava

Methodology:

Me and my KM Kafae with Phunnel bowl, two layers of wrinkled HD foil, and three Shishaco coals.

First Impressions:

Smelled fantastic out of the box. Like real fruit. So I was excited. A little drier than typical AF. But it was harsh, lousy clouds, and little or no taste. Blech.

Post Mortem:

Didn't finish it so there was still moist shisha in the bowl. Was just too nasty to continue.

Pros:

- I had only purchased a 50 g box so I don't have a bunch of this crud sitting around.

Cons:

-Harsh

-Little or no flavor

-No discernible buzz (fine with me)

Conclusion:

A complete waste of time and money. I was very disappointed. Some of the worst shisha I've tasted. Fit for composting, as far as I'm concerned.

F

Guest Genie

Brand/Flavor:

Al Fakher Chocolate

Methodology:

Me, my KM Kafae, Phunnel bowl, three crinkled layers of nearly tissue paper thin dollar store foil, three Shishaco coals.

First Impressions:

Smell of it reminded me of cheap little brownies I used to get out of vending machines somewhere--like in school or hospitals. Sort of an artificial chocolate smell with a hint of nuts. Typical AF consistency.

Post Mortem:

Baked well, just like it should. Very little moisture left when I was done.

Pros:

- Good clouds

- No discernible buzz

Cons:

- What little taste there is is artificial.

- Very little taste

- No discernible buzz

Conclusion:

I don't like it. I won't buy it again. It was very disappointing. I wouldn't even offer it to a noob who didn't know any better, would probably put them off of hookah right out of the gate.

D

Guest Genie

Brand/Flavor:

Al Fakher Pipe

Methodology:

Me, my KM Kafae, Phunnel bowl, three layers of cheap cheap cheap foil crinkled up and wrapped well around the bowl. Three Chronic Hookah instant light coals, removing one briefly, then putting it back on, then using the wind cover to maintain heat as they got smaller.

First Impressions:

Smells a bit like AF Chocolate out of the box. A slightly artificial chocolate smell that was oh so subtle while I smoked it. The rest of the flavor, yeah, I guess it was somewhat like pipe tobacco. Mostly it just tasted underflavored and uninteresting.

Post Mortem:

Some moisture still on the bottom, I think I could have smoked it a little longer with a couple more coals but had no interest in continuing with it. It just wasn't tasty enough.

Pros:

-Smoked well

-Very little buzz.

Cons:

-Too subtle.

-Didn't like the addition of that artificial chocolate flavor.

-Very little buzz.

Conclusion:

Not a winner. Flavor not all that pleasant. Very uninteresting shisha.

C-

Guest Philosoraptor
Brand/Flavor:

Al Fakher Chocolate

Conclusion:

I don't like it. I won't buy it again. It was very disappointing. I wouldn't even offer it to a noob who didn't know any better, would probably put them off of hookah right out of the gate.

D

Aw, that's a shame. I've got it going right now and I'm in love! For context, I just endured a bowl of Nakhla's Earl Gray right before this and there's still a little bit of that flavor left in the hookah.

Even so, two Japanese coals and a windcover gives great smoke and makes the place smell like someone's baking up a storm!

Guest Genie
Aw, that's a shame. I've got it going right now and I'm in love! For context, I just endured a bowl of Nakhla's Earl Gray right before this and there's still a little bit of that flavor left in the hookah.

Even so, two Japanese coals and a windcover gives great smoke and makes the place smell like someone's baking up a storm!

The artificial flavor of it really put me off. But tastes are so very personal. I've bought several shishas based on great reviews that I didn't like at all. Glad you like it!

Guest aria464

Pomegranate and Orange is a must MIX everyone. Try it. Trust me no regrets if you want something new. Add first pomengranate and then a little bit of orange on top since its has a strong taste. I would say about 85% to 15% mix. or maybe 80% to 20%

Guest MrMister
Pomegranate and Orange is a must MIX everyone. Try it. Trust me no regrets if you want something new. Add first pomengranate and then a little bit of orange on top since its has a strong taste. I would say about 85% to 15% mix. or maybe 80% to 20%

I made a martini (I named it the Pomeranian) one night with Tangerine infused vodka and Pom juice with some lemon zest and a splash of Citrøn. If that shisha blend tastes anything like that drink anybody is in for one hell of a treat!

Guest flowerchild

plum and grenadine mix together is really awesome. it is really sweet but flavorful at the same time. its a favorite mix of mine.

Brand: Al Fakher Orange

Hookah: 18" pear (bought in Iraq)

Bowl: Ceramic

Hose: Havana 60"

Coals: 2 quick-lites (40mm)

Base Liquid: Cold water

Appearance: Red, juicy. Wish they wouldn't use dye...

Smell: Smells like an orange, sometimes like orange peel.

Taste: Like an orange lollipop, sometimes hints of orange oil but not bitter.

Smoke: Thick clouds for the duration.

Buzz: Yes, about 10 minutes in, turned into a headache after 45 minutes but was hitting it pretty hard.

Duration: About an hour, taking a hit about every 20-30 seconds.

Overall: 9/10. This was a very nice experience, and refreshing. I've heard some say it's a really strong flavor and they've used it mixed with other fruit flavors...this would probably be great too, but on its own I didn't find it overpowering at all. The flavor is nice; if I want an authentic orange flavor, I'll eat an orange, same goes for apple or anything else but this was nice and you could definitely tell what it was right away.

Flavor: peach

Let me first say that this was my first personal hookah setup. Been to hookah lounges but brand new hookah and first time setup on my own.

Was very excited to try out this flavor as peach is my favorite fruit. Rushed home and opened up package. Smell was extremely sweet of peach with very mild and subtle hint of artificial additives. Cut was nice and juicy and clean no stems. Better than my pipe tobacco. After letting the coals warm up, the first pull was flavorful and smoky. Decent cloud and density. Sadly I felt that the flavor reminded me of cheap dollar tree peach rings gone stale. Not that the shisha was stale but that the artificial flavor seemed strong. Maybe I'm too new to hookahs or too prejudice towards peach flavored stuff.

Overall: 7.5/10. Was nice intro into home hookah but left me bit disappointed (just means I get to keep trying!)

Double Apple

Hookah:Mya QT

Bowl: vortex

Screen/Foil: foil

Hose: Mya

Coals: GC

Base Liquid: ice/water

Appearance: finely chopped/sticky/juicy/deep red coloration

Smell: apple hard candy

Taste: sweet, candied apple vibe

Smoke: smooth/light, yet dense

Buzz: mild

Duration: 45 mins

Overall: 8/10 very good price and a little goes a long way. I used about 10gm when I smoke alone and the bowl could be revived with a little stirring and starting another coal. Double apple has been a longtime favorite, although combining apples pulled through apple juice is more satisfying. It tastes kinda like a candy apple from the boardwalk on its own and has enough flavor pending it doesn't get too hot. I prefer rotating one coal and using a wind cover as an insulator for a really flavorful vapor toward the end of a smoke session. Good stuff, one of those flavors fine on its own and to mix some apple upgrades.