Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrawGator

Which hookah?

Question

Help! I have read all I can trying to decide which one to get and without being able to see one its hard to know what is good or bad.

I've read the various guides and Mya's seem great for the price and transportability. The KM's seem to be the standard others are judgedby.

My criteria is small enough to travel but large enough for a good smoke, 1 hose for now but able to add at least one other,good quality (no cheap stuff. I dont mind paying for quality).

Other than that I really dont know what to ask for.

Suggestions? Advice?

Thanks!

24 answers to this question

I've always been a fan of K.Ms. They're solid hookahs that smoke well and last long. I'd get a K.M with two nammor hoses.

I honestly would put you on Mya for where you are at. It's cheap enough for a medium size, and it can break down easy and put into its own carrying case. It holds up fairly well over time and easy to clean because stem is straight down, but I would replace the hose with something nicer, as well as the bowl. That will run you about $20 more. It's air valve can be removed to add a hose adapter for a second hose, and wouldn't imagine it costing you more than $5 to buy one of those.

Myas I recommend for what you need:

Gelato (stem suctions on outside of base, so kinda different... have to be careful when attaching it)

Mezzo Gelato (smaller version)

Anything from 25"-31" will be nice, depending on the look you want.

I would check your local shops too, because our prices at Lazy Dayz are anywhere from $15-20 cheaper than what I'm seeing online right now.

KM is literally a SOLID hookah, lol. Great smoke, but also one whole solid piece that you can't break down... so keep that in mind whether you mind toting it around like that when you travel.

Magdy Zidan is my favorite balance of quality and cost. mny of them look really gorgeous too. KM hookahs are great but they are kind of expensive for what you get.

get a small mya hookah. my friend has one and its easy for travel quick clean up and the bowl peice and hose that come along with it are great!. i have a medium sized hookah not so easy or quick clean. but great for at home. good luck and enjoy!

Yeah, the hose will suffice for a while... it'll probably last you 6 months before you want to replace it with something better but the bowl that comes with it is unglazed in the inside, which affects heat management and also is hard to clean out. Replacing it with another bowl, whether it be Social Smoke, Vortex, or Phunnel should only run you $6-$8.

Thanks for all the suggestions! With the smaller Mya hookah, 12" or less, how does it handle the cooling/filtering of the smoke with the smaller column?

The smoke will be a bit warmer with a hookah that is so small, but it won't make or break the session. There is not much filtration happening in a hookah anyway so don't worry about that. The biggest issue is the draw. A hookah like the MYA QT hasa much more restrictive draw than a larger hookah. The size of the hose ports means that you can only use smaller style hoses. Any hose with a longer hose-port end will tip the hookah over.

Our graphic designer would smoke a Mya Petite with a KM Rainbow Hose, lol. It was funny looking but it worked for him, just because Petite is built out and so squatty, it wouldn't be able to tip.

The small Mya Saray hookahs are pretty good. Don't get the econo versions. The normal versions are made of brass and are quite solid.

What's an econo version?

Mya Saray put out economy versions of a couple o their hookahs. They are a bit cheaper than the standard model they are based on but use less expensive materials, less material over all and have a slightly different design.

I love my KM, but for what you're looking for I would go for a Mya. They're real easy to add more hose ports and it can be done with a KM, I think the Myas are solid pipes for your situation.