Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smokerings07

My Lounge (Social Smoke Edition)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]235[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]236[/ATTACH]

This is the front of the building... It is an interesting shape for sure, and faces the main road leading into downtown Bowling Green. It is very close to student residential, and only a mile at most from downtown and campus.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]237[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]238[/ATTACH]

This is the view across the street, as well as a view of the parking capacity.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]244[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]245[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]246[/ATTACH]

This is the middle part of the building and the entrance. The plan is to have the bar here so customers are greeted when they walk in. As you will see, there is a warehouse to the right, where all the lounge seating will be, and bathrooms and office space to the left. Later on we will turn the office space into more seating, but right now it's 3,000 sq ft and I don't need all that :D The "lobby" is complete with shelving units built in! So its perfect for retail. And hardwood floors and tile.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]247[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]248[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]249[/ATTACH]

This is the left side. The left bathroom will need to be installed but the right one is good to go. I will lock the office doors until we are ready to bust down those walls and expand. The decor is really already there, which makes this especially attractive.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]250[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]251[/ATTACH]

This will be the actual lounge part of the lounge. We will take out that drywall on the left, and the warehouse will really open up, with one giant window separating lobby from warehouse and two giant windows facing the front of the building. Lots of visibility. The biggest chore here is smoothing out the concrete to lay down hardwood, and getting an electrician to set up lighting. This building was built in the early 1900's so it's got some age to it :)

Looks really interesting. Make sure to get the word out to the college kids soon so the hype can start building.

What else did you get in that order?

Kalutika: Yeah definitely! I asked another lounge what their opening was like, and they said it was packed. I asked why and they said they did a ton of promotion before the lounge opened. We've got a couple marketing strategies going on, one entailing smoking out in the square and on campus and handing out flyers and coupons to those who walk by.

Edit: oh, I got 35 SS Pro Hoses, some retail, mostly lounge use. 4x 250g and 4x100g of 10 different flavors, though I will be expanding this once we get more established, 100 medium bowls, coal baskets, 25pk mouthpieces for retail, 500pk mouthpieces for lounge use, SS Cleaning Kits, 2 cases of Coconaras, 25x Coal Trays for hookahs, 5x Wind Covers (retail), White Grommets, 10x Hemi bowls (retail), 4x Double-Bowls (lounge use)

Flavors purchased: absolute zero, baja blue, caramel apple, chai latte, dulce de leche, french vanilla, mobster, pink lemonade, potion #9, The Edge

Social Smoke: Thanks a lot! You guys are awesome :) Keep up the great work!

Wow I like the place mane.

You start your lounge and I'll definitely make a trip out there with a few of my friends from Dallas.

Left to Do:

Everything :P

Set up business account

Get resale tax ID

Register for State business license

Apply for distributor licensing

Lay hardwood floors down

Construct bar

Stain and seal all things

Paint interior walls & ceiling

Install toilets and plumbing

Install lighting fixtures

Purchase furniture and arrange

Decorate!

I hope you get to upgrade from the Keurig coffee eventually. The quality of the coffee is very low and the price per pound is astronomical. You should look into getting one of the conversion kits that lets you use your own coffee in the machine. You'll be able to use better coffee and you'll pay a fraction of the price.

Personally, I prefer traditional Turkish coffee with hookah and the K-cups have no way of replicating that.