Sign in to follow this  
uberam3rica

Epic Fail

Question

I haven't smoked my hookah in forever, and its a pretty nice day out, so I decided that I'd break it out. Well when I was taking the vase to the sink to wash it, I dropped it and it broke.

• Like 1

Dude, it does happen to the best of us. Just the other week, I thought "you know, I'm always super careful, but I'm going to pull my hookah out of the car by the stem and set it on the ground... surely it will make it"

Well, you know what happened, and the Regal is out of commission until my syrian bases come in a few days.

Lol, interesting enough, when I tried to light up my very first hookah in my new lounge in the middle of construction, I had soooo many technical errors. First, I realized I left my lighter and tongs at home. So I took my coal by a pair of pliers and went around the neighboring shops asking if someone had a lighter. Finally found one, lit the coal through the windy day, and dropped it crossing the street to go back. I salvaged a half, and put it on top of another QL and blew and blew. Nothing. So I was like, fine... I'll just go BUY a lighter. I ran out and came back in 5 min, only to find the coal fully lit. So I was like ok... tried to pick it up with the pliers and it crushed underneath the pressure, and coals flew everywhere. I guess that was the Christening of the lounge, cause I made the first coal burn in the hardwood. Also got some embers on my vinyls :-/ So I put a 3rd QL in the tray and lit that one, then went to pack the bowl. Packed the bowl and put it on top and it broke. So then I was like, alas I have this tiny Egyptian bowl! So I packed the shisha into the Egyptian (held about half the amount) then slapped foil on it, put it on top, and finally started to enjoy it for about 30-45 min before my wife called me home for dinner.

Not a good omen.

The biggest problem is that its my only hookah. I may or may not be able to get a new vase tomorrow. I hope I can get a new vase before I get my hookah freak blend off shisha

Ugh. I hate that moment. I've never had a base fully smash on me bu I have had a couple of them crack while working with them and it is disheartening to say the least. Now I have backup bases for pretty much all of my hookahs. lol.

The part that pisses me off the most is that if I didn't try to catch it, it probably wouldn't have broken. When I tried catching it, I smashed it into my metal heater. If I had let it fall, it would have fallen about three feet onto carpet. At least it was a cheap hookah, not an expensive one.

so i think you must have jinxed me. i go home last night and use my sahara smoke illusion. i smoke my new blend off blend. and have a good session. i am then cleaning out my hookah and put the vase under the water not realizing the water was fairly hot. well not a good idea with a cold vase. blew the side right out of it. i was so dissapointed. so now i am smoking out of my blueberry for a week or so. :( i have been looking at the unit 3.0 hookah and i am gonna buy the black one. then i need to find a new vase before summer gets here. it was not a good night.

Yeah. I know. I haven't found one I like yet. But I really want that unit 3.0 hookah so I am gonna get that first. It'll be easier to use inside anyways.

Buy the unity hookah same price and you can use regular bowls on them.

Made by the same manufacturer, just the newer version

edm

UNITY - Silver-12411 - shisha-nil.de

you have to run the website thru google or bing translator, it's in German.

here it is in english....

The UNITY of shisha combines high-quality materials with a timeless and unique design. Puristic and elegant at the same time. The UNITY water pipe is manufactured in Austria and has a height of 50 centimeters. UNITY made in Austria. The metal components are made of aluminium and the sieve, laser lettering with the UNITY, made of stainless steel. The glass of the UNITY has a Fassunsvermögen of 1000ml and is made of transparent heat resistant laboratory glassware. The silicone tube is food, according to Bundesgesundheitsamt and regulatory control of foodstuffs and is 160 cm in length. All seals to meet international standards. In the basic version, the UNITY of shisha with a hose, valve and verschlusskappe will be delivered. It is possible the water pipe on to extend with the UNITY - hose adapter to 3 hoses. The holes in the column of smoke cause by their air circulation, a not so strong heating of the pillar. Other tobacco heads with the UNITY can be used through the normal head adapter. Color: Silver dimensions: tobacco head diameter: 56 mm depth tobacco head: 17 mm diameter stem: 12 mm diameter hose: 8 mm height: 500 mm included: column of 1 glass 1 smoke (base unit, inner tube, outer pipe, head adapter) 1 tobacco head 1 wind protection 1 stainless steel sieve 1 silicone tube 1 mouthpiece 1 sealing Kit

That means your can use any head (bowl) with the right grommet.

edm

If you don't mind ordering from England they are on sale here.....

99.99 pounds sterling is about $157.93

edm