Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest SmokeKagu

Exotica Finger Coals

Guest SmokeKagu

I just tried these coals and I have to say these are my favorite by far. there is no flavor penalty and they heat fairly quickly but have no chemicals in them. I really like that they made them square because they don't roll at all and so it's burning my carpet a lot less.

Guest Shishaling

Actually, they're rather inexpensive, about 8 bucks online! We're gonna start using them now...they actually smell rather nice, almost like a barbecue ;P

Guest jayson

Some people have reported intense migraines after smoking with these coals. Apparently Exotica puts out an occasional bad batch by accident. Be warned!

Guest SmokeKagu

they best fix that soon. i assume they would since otherwise that could put them out of business. the good thing is for how much u get in the box it really is worth the price. i only use like half a stick per smoke.

I have been wanting to try these coals for a while, I'm glad someone posted good things. I just have to finish up the coals I have now first.

Guest Mikeybass

I tried them last night.. and way better then the charcoals I had before...they last so much longer..Perfect-o

Thumbs UP

Everyone still think that these are the best coals on the market? I have been using them for a while, and I'm not so sure they are. How big do you all make the coals when you break them up?

Guest vincent09

Exoticas are old news now. It's all about the coconaras and chronic coals

Guest kalutika

I am a huge fan of CH coals. I can't justify buying Exotica sadly because of the issues with inclusions in the coals. Pieces of metal and twine have made there way in once in a while. But it is once in forever. I really need to actually try exotica but i just have to much good experience with Ch coals. Also John is kind of my favorite vendor.

Guest vincent09

I hear that Nima guy is a pretty good vendor. You should try him out. :cool:

Guest kalutika

I planned on it once I need more supplies and am not trying to save the majority of my money. I will be moving to California in June and I refuse to go to the other side of the country without a good amount of money in the bank. I am 2k away from my goal...

Guest vincent09

Where in Cali are you moving? I used to live in San Mateo and Los Angeles.

Guest kalutika
Where in Cali are you moving? I used to live in San Mateo and Los Angeles.

Where there is work. So LA. I am an actor by trade and also do costume and props/clothing design.

I know economy is bad for engineering jobs and online work, how is it for acting?

Guest kalutika
I know economy is bad for engineering jobs and online work, how is it for acting?

Pretty terrible. Art and leisure are always the first professions to suffer... So money is kind of tight right now. I am not starving but i have to save just about everything I have for the move. I just want to make a life for myself doing what I love. My back up plans are suffering too. People are less likely to order custom clothing and costumes when money is tight so I have had one commission in a very long time and I am not even sure that one will come through.

I work as a lab assistant and independent contractor in medical supply R&D which is good money but the jobs have been few and far between because everyone is cutting back on staff. When I do get a job it means they really need my help but one of the biggest projects I was canceled so the funding could be redirected to an other area...

The art will pick up again when the economy does... not really looking forward to the starving artist thing.

it is sad. hopefully the economy will pick up soon again,

Everyone everywhere has been hit with it. even school dont have research money and funding money

good luck to you

Guest kalutika
it is sad. hopefully the economy will pick up soon again,

Everyone everywhere has been hit with it. even school dont have research money and funding money

good luck to you

Thank you and I wish the same to you. My hookah habit has taken a little bit of importance over other hobbies an habits but that is close to suffering as well... lol. Oh well. I have to do what is necessary. It's not like in the big picture this is the worst recession we have ever seen in this country.

No, and it won't be the last. But it still sucks lol. I'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed exoticas not being the best. I still have my original box. They are the only coals I have used that set off the smoke alarm.