Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jayson

Al Waha Tobacco Flavor Reviews

Guest jayson

Al Waha Cherry

Smell: Some resemblance to actual cherries, but not much.

Texture: Chunky shred but with very few stems.

Smoke: First 5-10 minutes, light... 10-30 minutes very thick, last 5-10 minutes light.

Taste: Definitely cherry in nature, has that distinct "shisha" aftertaste that I don't care much for (but it's almost inevitable to have during a session).

Overall: 7/10 I like this shisha for when I don't want to get hazed off my ass. It's light and has a good taste, but not overpowering like Romman. If you are in the mood for something strong, this isn't it... but in the end, when you can get it for $4.95 per 250g, you really can't complain.

Al Waha Cola

Smell: Smells more like chemicals than Cola... I was a little leery about loading this up.

Texture: Chunky shred but with very few stems.

Smoke: First 5-10 minutes, light... 10-30 minutes very thick, last 5-10 minutes light.

Taste: I actually mixed this 50/50 with cherry to make cherry cola. I have not tried this straight, nor am I sure if I want to. The flavor was alright... nothing spectacular. I tasted the cherry much more than the cola, unfortunately. Can't say this is very good.

Overall: 5/10 Has the same shisha aftertaste that seemingly all al-waha carries. Not very fond of this.

Guest jsharp07

this is the brand that the local hookah bar carries in my home town, and i agree i don't really like it very much either.

Guest Blu_Fox

Al Waha "After Nine

Smell: Deep Chocolate with hint of mint

Texture: Chunky shred but with very few stems. Very sticky.

Smoke: First 1-2 minutes, light... 10-30 minutes very thick, last 5-10 minutes light.

Taste: Definitely their best flavor, It is rich yet smooth with alittle mint after taste.

Overall: 9/10 I like this shisha after dinner while relating with a glass of brandy or red wine. It's deep and has a good taste, but not overpowering.

This is my and a couple of friends opinions. Don't hate the cheap smoker!

Guest Discordian

I've tried their jasmine and winter flower flavors. I wasn't really impressed, but its the only flavor of jasmine my friends will smoke : /

Guest patt2k

is Al Waha the only one that have cola? doesn't al naklha have it? if so I tried cola it smelled only little like cola otherwise not too good...

Romman has cola too, very herbal cola flavor, not like coca-cola or anything...more like what I'd imagine the cola plant to taste like. Great flavor IMO, mix it with vanilla and its beautiful.

Brand/Flavor:

Al Waha Orange Cream

Methodology:

-15-20 hits/person over 35 minutes

-3 individuals in the circle

-40mm coal offset holes rotated every few passes

-Ophelia filled with ice water

First Impressions:

Tobacco is cut similarly to Romman, but is far less moist. Molasses is oily, much like the Hookah-Hookah shishas we've sampled. The smell was underwhelming, but the orange scent was discernible.

Post Mortem:

Completely cooked. No, really.

Pros:

-Thick smoke

-Citrus flavor was significant, not orange per se, but citrusy

Cons:

-Cream flavor was almost unnoticeable

-Had characteristic "throat-drying" of citrus flavors

-Almost no buzz

-Dried out quickly

Andrew's Thoughts:

I have historically been skeptical of Al Waha tobacco, but I came into this review really trying to give it the benefit of the doubt. I was, unfortunately, disappointed. At first, it took me 4-5 hits to even taste anything, though Eric seems to have had a different experience. When I did start to get some flavor, it was strongly citrus and rather acidic, with no apparent cream taste. I did manage to catch a whiff of vanilla when french inhaling, but as a flavor it simply wasn't there. Though the smoke itself was thick and even pleasant at times, the citrus quickly became too much for me, and despite the significant weakening of the bowl towards the end, I had trouble taking my last five hits.

Eric's Thoughts:

I've heard from a few people that Orange Cream was worth trying, so when I found out that we had a box of Al Waha orange cream from the local store, I was interested. The flavor wasn't quite the orange I was expecting. The orange I had in mind was significantly more sour, so the fact that I wasn't immediately puckering after the first hit was a pleasant surprise. That said, it wasn't a sweet orange flavor either. As for the cream aspect of the flavor, it was practically nonexistent. I expected a balance of orange and cream, like a dreamsicle, but was instead greeted with a cream that was an afterthought at best, and a scent only at worst. The other major problem I had was that it dried out far too quickly, giving the smoke a jarringly nasty flavor. But despite all this negativity towards its flavor, I felt that the thickness of the smoke was absolutely incredible. And while that doesn't absolve it of its many issues, it certainly made this bowl much more enjoyable.

Conclusion:

Al Waha Orange Cream is not orange cream flavored. The cream flavor is quite weak, while the orange is sharp and acidic. That said, you could certainly do worse, as this shisha can produce wonderful clouds of smoke. Just don't expect much buzz.

C+

Guest Genie

Brand/Flavor:

Al Waha Khaki

Methodology:

Me and my KM Kafae with stock Egytian bowl, two layers of foil pulled tight. Three Shishaco coals, adding and removing them as needed.

First Impressions:

I think the box photos show persimmons on them. Not entirely sure. Smell out of the box was extremely mild. Nearly as dry as Nakhla. Smoked great, very nice clouds. Tasted so mild, I was disappointed. I don't remember exactly why, but I was really looking forward to this flavor.

Post Mortem:

Cooked right through like it should.

Pros:

-It doesn't suck

-Great clouds

-Baked well

-Mild buzz

Cons:

-Flavor too subtle

Conclusion:

Not something I ever want to spend money on again. At best, I might use it to mellow out a stronger flavor, it's taste is so mild I should be able to do that without ruining whatever shisha's flavor I mix it with.

D

Guest dsm1042

al walah grape is pretty bad, i was smoking it out of a mini and the flavor wasnt strong, it does start off light but then gets pretty thick. and even once its thick u cant taste the flavor too much. also its not the sweet welch's grape taste i was looking for, rather a wierd grape flavor. i'll write a review for guava soon

Guest Genie

Brand/Flavor:

Al Waha 5 Stars (or 5 Stars Mixing as the box reads)

Methodology:

Me and my KM Kafae with phunnel, two layers of foil crinkled. Three Shishaco coals, adding and removing them as needed. Wind cover as needed.

First Impressions:

Smelled kind of like punch or Kool-Aid out of the box, but no particular flavor that I could discern. The taste was practically non-existent. Clouds were okay, nothing to write home about

Post Mortem:

Didn't finish the bowl because I got tired of smoking flavorless shisha. Seemed to bake like it should, wasn't much moisture left in the bowl though, even though I'd only been hitting it for 30 minutes.

Pros:

- The box is kind of cool looking, pretty colors

Cons:

- Virtually no flavor

- Mediocre clouds

- What little flavor there was didn't last long at all, 15 minutes tops.

Conclusion:

Glad I only got a 50 gram box. Definitely going on my "don't buy this again" list.

F

Guest MrMister

Al Waha - Plum

Hookah: 14" Mya QT

Bowl: Mya Unglazed Ceramic Bowl

Screen/Foil: Reynolds Wrap HD

Hose: Mya Leather Hose

Coals: 2 x Golden Coals QL

Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Toffee, moist, LARGE stems

Smell: Candied fruit with a splash of wine

Taste: Plum and black cherry

Smoke: Thick and smooth

Buzz: Medium, had a good headrush after about 5 pulls

Duration: 55 minutes

Overall: 7/10

Not bad on its own but I prefer it as a mixer. Decent results for the price, a good budget smoke.

Guest Deadlegend

Brand/Flavor:

Al Waha Pomegranate

Method:

Hookah: 14" Mya QT

Bowl: Mya Unglazed Ceramic Bowl

Screen/Foil: metal screen

Hose: Mya Leather Hose

Coals: 2 chunks of fantasia natural

Base Liquid: Water (w/o ice)

First Impressions:

For al-waha, it was JUICY AS HELL!! With an AMAZING in-your-face scent of pomegranate, you know that smell that you usually get with like fantasia, but for half the price! Upon the first couple of puffs it was rather light, but after maybe 2-3 mins of smoking it it got strong, with large clouds of smoke. This so far has been my favorite al-waha flavor, and may be one of my favorite shishas, especially since i love pomegranate and cant find it with any other brands. It was amazing how long this stuff lasted too, i just kept smoking and smoking until i literally got tired of it!

Post Mortem:

Still moist!

Pros:

-Strong in you face flavor for cheap!

-Bigclouds of smoke

-lasts a long time, seems like forever!

Cons:

I really dont have anyhing negative to say about it

Conclusion:

For half the price of fantasia, and still all the flavor, its definately one to try if you like pomegranate. This has a chance of becoming one of my favs.

Guest Genie

Brand/Flavor:

Al Waha Fig

Methodology:

Me and my KM Kafae with Phunnel bowl, two layers of HD foil pulled tight over a bowl packed light and fluffy and well over the rim of the bowl, and one log (split in half) of Diamante. Each half resting on opposite edges of the bowl, moving them as needed. Cold water in the vase. Windcover as needed to get it going, removed it for a large part of the session, replacing it as the coals cooled.

First Impressions:

Dubiousness. It reeked of tobacco, I mean, it was like smelling wet tobacco (in no way pleasant) with a faint hint of something sweet. I really don't know what figs smell like. So I can't say how "true" the smell or taste was to fig. It was very wet and a bit sticky. Pulled out a couple of stems, no biggy. The cut seemed somewhat inconsistent, which didn't bother me a bit. There were some larger tobacco leaves as well as leaves that were finely cut.

The Session:

Got better and better as it went along. Started out with little taste of the "fig" or sweetness or whatever the flavor is and more of the tobacco taste but the unpleasant tobacco taste faded quickly and the fig flavor improved greatly and lasted throughout the 1 hour and 15 minute session at which point the flavor petered out. It was a really pleasant session. I never could truly put my finger on the taste. Was it fig? I don't know. But it was good.

Post Mortem:

Excellent. Cooked through just like it should.

Pros:

- Very good, consistent taste once it gets going, pleasant, long lasting, it didn't mind the heat (no burning but, then, I pay close attention to how it's doing and move coals accordingly) and the session was nice and long.

- Good clouds, not especially thick.

- Baked extremely well, no fuss

- Buzzed me in such a way that I had to go lie down and take a nap. I still have a sinus infection and that may have played a part in my reaction.

Cons:

- Stinks out of the box

- Takes a little while to start tasting good, but not too long

- What I consider to be a rather strong buzz. Of course, I did smoke 90% of a 50 gram box in that Phunnel all by myself so.......

Conclusion:

Surprisingly good! Great for a hookah beginner (who is used to nicotine) or for the hookah savvy. Flavor was good and consistent. Baked very well, never burned. Great session, look forward to picking up more of this flavor. Wasn't too sweet, just right.

B+