Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RoGeTa

Exercise

Question

Does anyone on here do it? lol I havebeen wanting to start up an exercise routine for some time, and I am just curious if anyone on here who smokes hookah has any experience as to how it has hindered them. To be honest, I haven't noticed any difference in my breathing, and I am mildly asmatic...

13 answers to this question

I go to gym twice a week (not enough), but life weights at home in the basement daily

I really never had great motivation to exercise. I hate it. But I can walk forever. I guess that's the only thing. I smoke cigarettes, too, though, so I couldn't give you a good answer about how hookah affects anything. I want to try bellydancing. It seems like it would go well with hookah anyway, hah.

Guest GreenTeaPirate

I jog for at least twenty minutes about every other day. Then I usally do some floor exercise and exercise with dumbbells when I get home. I never noticed any change in my breathing and am mildly asthmatic as well.

Guest vincent09

I work out for atleast an hour daily. It really improves your energy and metabolism to keep a regular exercise routine.

Guest Whoswho

i usually go to the gym 4 times a week at night for about 2 hours.

if you smoke hookah ( and im only assuming you smoekas much as I do). then cardio will be affected the first few times you do it, since you're lungs will be workin harder and for more O2. then i would suggest using weights. . its simple, and works for me, but then again i stopped smoking cigerettes a while ago.

ive started working out lately, and MAN i feel the hookah effect

Guest armouringstud

I have been smoking for about a year now. I smoke atleast 3 times a day and I am on the Penn State fencing team. Were Div 1 and practice 5 days a week. My freshman year I smoked cigs and stopped when i saw my health beginning to decline. If Hookah ever did the same i would stop hookah. BUT after a year, theres been no negatives.

--)------------

Guest SmokeKagu

I've tried researching this topic before, and everything is split. My opinion? No one knows for sure. There has not been extensive testing done about the effects hookah smoking has on your health like there has been for cigs. I think everyone out there just assumes, hey its smoking, must be the same as cigs.

But I smoked cigs and quit. And now smoke hookah heavily. I felt a lot worse with cigs. I couldn't run for long, any activity was just tiring. And I felt like my lungs were actually heavy. I don't get that feeling with hookah at all. I feel normal.

Guest JebelChara

I'm almost 56, smoke all day long and to get to the village store I have a very steep uphill walk of about 15 minutes going at a very fast pace. I had been running fast and long distance for the first 38 years of my life and until 47 long distance walking fast for 3 hours, now the half hour walking every day at a very fast pace.(fast compared to teens, young adults etc)The hookah smoking dies not bother my lungs even though I smoke a lot,but cigarettes in my 3 years of the infantry sure did.

to add to that, hookah helps me sit down and relax, cigarettes never do. For a cig you have to go outside, stand up, smoke and freeze to death (I live in Indiana).

with hookah you can sit down, enjoy your tea, and smoke a good flavor

Guest salina

Exercises play a vital role in our life. Exercises are the best tool to give up the smoking.

Exercises also beneficial to prevent from the many diseases and also increase the stamina of the body.