Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

djjdub

New to the forum, not to the hookah.

I'm a professional DJ and a hookah connoisseur. I used to work in and manage a hookah lounge in Pocatello, Idaho. Then we built another one. After a disagreement with the owner I left the business, soon there after the first one closed the second one is all open.

I smoke out of a tall silver Khalil Mamoon, with a nammor hose, I just ordered a ice tip. My preference for shisha is Tangiers, Al Fakher, & Starbuzz.

I intend to start making how to videos and reviews again. So keep a eye out for that.

Have any questions about me or my experiences?

Welcome to the forums. I look forward to our reviews. check out the wiki. We have a big list of flavors and products that can always use more reviews.

Ok so I'm new to hookah, Im having some problems I feel like I'm not getting as much smoke as I should, also I don't feel a buzz or anything when I smoke is this because I smoke cigarettes also, or am I just doing something wrong, someone please help me out

Do you know what kind of Hookah you are using, what shisha? I have a lot of questions to narrow down potential problems. Do you have a Skype?

hey, welcome to the forum. good to have a dj here. one of the members here has started a hookah radio too

Are natural coals an option? Such as coco naras, have you already tried natural coals?

What type of bowl are you using?

Those circle quick start coals don't work the best, what other coals can you find where you live? Anything that isn't a circle

I'm a fan of natural coals and they are all I use. When you do the math, mid-range coconut coals are the best deal on the market as well as the best charcoal I use.

I most definitely prefer naturals because of the clean taste, last longer etc etc, but that doesn't count QL out completely. QL can still pack a punch and give a good smoke. They serve the same purpose.

If your water level is good, and air-flow seems just right, not too restrictive and not too easy to inhale, then your lack of smoke is probably based on the way you packed the bowl. Personally, I haven't found Romman to give incredible smoke to begin with anyways. But if you are sprinkling your shisha into your bowl until it is even with the top and evenly distributed and making sure you have good airflow, you should have no problems getting good smoke.