Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bmurphy5

Hey all,

I am new here figured I'd start by asking what you all think of my idea for location. So I am trying to decide where to open my hookah bar in San Antonio TX. There are several hookah bars down one of our major highways in town, but this is prime location as it is on the better side of town. As well, it is equidistant from all four universities in town. My thought is try and open there anyway, but I want to offer more premiere services if you will. Things such as hard liquor, food, and better prices than the competition. What do you all think?

First find out the rules about hookah and liquor I know some states it can not be served in the same place also you are limiting it 21 and over which the younger generation of kids are actually doing this at the legal age is posted. So I say do not mix those 2

I know serving alcohol in your lounge would bring in more money, but maybe you should allow your customers to bring in their own alcohol. Whether it be beer, wine, or liquor. The hookah lounge that I frequently go to allows this and they can still get crowds of all ages. Its just food for thought. Good luck to you though. :)

Alcohol sale is one of the largest money makers for hookahs. I've seen lounges offering BYOB deals when they are not allowed to serve alcohol themselves though - for whatever state laws

A good lounge with a byob deal would be my favorite spot. Bringing in my homebrewed beers and wines to share while chatting hookah would make me very happy.

Yeah I love the lounge I go to that allows byob. I bring in a few six packs when I go with my buddies and they put them in the cooler for me. I make sure to tip them a little extra because they'll get us the beers when we ask for them.