Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NateHevens

Another Noob...

I know. Noobs suck. :P

First, let me start by saying that I've just joined a few hookah forums, so if you happen to belong to others, and you recognize overlap from me, I apologize. I'm trying not to repeat myself, but this is an introduction, after all... :D

Y'all need more emoticons, BTW... I collect 'em, if y'all are interested...

Anyways...

I started my hookah-journey in Israel back in December 2011. Got my entire set-up (small hookah, coals, tinfoil [already has holes], shisha, and even a carrying case). It's a great set-up, but I'm hoping, eventually, to upgrade. I want a much larger hookah (four hoses would amazing), a better bowl, a cage for the bowl, a screen instead of the tinfoil, and a larger ash tray. I'm also looking for better coals.

Don't get me wrong... the ones from Israel are great. But they burn just a tad too fast and can get quite harsh. I'm looking for slower-burning coals that don't ash as much (or, at least, as quickly).

I use the word "hoping" instead of "planning" because I'm actually quite poor, so I'm really putting together my hookah wishlist at the moment, and I'll hopefully eventually be able to afford to get what I'm looking for.

Anyways...

Hi!

Welcome to hookah lounge. I hope we can help you find what you're looking for. If I'm not asking too much, what would your price range be when you have the funds to purchase more hookah merchandise?

What type of coals are you using as I sm also new to the forum I found coco nara to be the most comfortable coals.

Very nice. welcome to the forum. good to have you here.

I'll work on the emoticons as well :)

I just started smoking hookah more and.more and just got mine march of 2012. I went though sarha smoke (spelling) and bought one of the kits it came with the hookah not one but two bowls a normal one and a vortex bowl(haven't used it) screens coals and ten 2-3g shisa samples i was amazed at the price it was right at 100 but i also bought another sample kit. Its a single hose hookah large ash tray. Amazing at the price! Check them out!!

Well I wouldn't buy a screen I would stick with the foil it holds more heat and plus you wouldnt get ashes in your bowl like you would a screen. Also what size hookah and which brand are you looking at. I would shop around until you found a good price for you and also I would you coconaras for the coals. Hope all goes well.

Its all good. I don't think adams is with Sahara Smoke. If he is he should contact me if he wants to be the official representation of their store on our forum

No im not from them i just bought a hookah off the site. I dont use the screens at all i use the foil but ive never had a problem with it so i do suggest looking at them :P

Hey I have one of Sahara. Smokes large hookahs. Real nice with their spiral stem. I have their vortex bowl as well. And a mya freeze hose its a real good setup. My Hookah runs about 120 for whole setup from them. The stems can support up to 4 hoses. But have plugs to make it 1-4 hoses.although anything over two hoses really heat up the shisha a little too much in a group.

Yeah a hookah lounge by my house uses screens and I never knew about the foil until I bought my own. Foil is so much better once the ash gets into a bowl it makes everything so much harsher to me. What do u guys sugesy for punching the wholes and do u guys have patterns or anything.

I use the puncher on the back.of my tongs it works amazing! I use the screens when im using.larger coals but other than that i use foil. I tried the double foil but to me it didnt burn as well as other says. What do you guys think? Single or double foil?

Even my hottest coals which are the new Cocos burn hot and I only use single foil with three coals. If its to hot use two or one coal.

Sorry for the late response to everyone. I'm a bit busy right now, and school's starting up again soon...

Welcome to hookah lounge. I hope we can help you find what you're looking for. If I'm not asking too much, what would your price range be when you have the funds to purchase more hookah merchandise?

Like I said... I'm poor, so I'm taking it on a paycheck-by-paycheck basis. This next paycheck (which I won't see until next Thursday), is going to be tiny... around $60 unless I work this Saturday (which'll make it around $120). As of this moment I just want a new bowl, better tongs, better cleaning tools, and more coals. I'm thinking of a Vortex bowl, but I'd love opinions on this...

I'm hoping to save up for a top-of-the-line hookah. Having been reading feedback on screens and 4-hose hookahs, I'm now second-guessing my want for those two things. Maybe a two-hose hookah. But I'd like something I can show off. Something nice, relatively tall, (I mean, and average tall hookah, not like an overly-sized hookah... something you'd see at the average hookah bar), and easy to enjoy at large gatherings. Something that'll get a lot of oohs and ahhs and still smoke nicely.

What type of coals are you using as I sm also new to the forum I found coco nara to be the most comfortable coals.

I got my coals with my hookah at a market in Israel back in December when I went on Birthright, so the brand is Israeli, and I'm not good enough at Hebrew to read it without the vowels, yet. According to the package, they are Lemon Star coals. The packaging itself is green and yellow.

Well I wouldn't buy a screen I would stick with the foil it holds more heat and plus you wouldnt get ashes in your bowl like you would a screen. Also what size hookah and which brand are you looking at. I would shop around until you found a good price for you and also I would you coconaras for the coals. Hope all goes well.

Yeah. I have friends who swear by screens, but I've not been reading anything good about them on any of the hookah forums I joined, so I'm going to ask a friend to let me try one of their hookahs with the screen to see what it's like. $2 to $4 may not sound like a lot, but if I can avoid spending it, I will...

I'm going to take pictures of the hookah I bought from Israel, so I can have help identifying it. It's small... Junior, I think...

Where should I share them here? In this thread, or elsewhere?

First off, welcome to the forums! You sound very wise in trying to do as much research as possible before committing to a purchase you may regret later down the road. I will reaffirm what everybody is saying about screens... Foil is the way to go IMO, not only for the reasons mentioned, but at some point you may want a vortex or a phunnel bowl and then you'll have to revert to foil. Might as well become a pro at it now.

2-hose hookahs seem cool... I had one when I started out too. But IMHO, the novelty wears off and more often than not, you might find yourself smoking alone. Even with friends, passing a single hose keeps the tradition and isn't terribly inconvenient. But generally speaking, the higher quality hookahs are single hose. For an great deal (for what you're getting), seriously consider investing in a Khalil Ma'moon, as it will last you a long time, and it's a hookah you can be proud of.

We started with a four hose. The novelty does where off. Now my wife and I are saving for a good single hose. Right now we use one hose and removed the ball so we can clear out. Works good for now.

I take a single hose over a multi hose every time. What kind of hookah do you have?

Definitely agree on the single hose. I don't use my hookah for parties or with a lot of people. It's usually just me and my girlfriend so i think a single hose is the way to go.

I also pretty much second everything smokering07 said.