Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hookahharrell

burning smell in smoke. HELP!!!!

Question

im using a 27" mod hookah, vortex bowl, nammor washable hose, water in the base, 2 coconut coals, HD foil pulled tight, 3 rings of punched holes, packed below the rim of the bowl, shisha is starbuzz bold simply mint.

I dont get a burnt taste or anything taste like its supposed to but when I blow out my smoke it smells burnt this is the first time this has happened to me and dont know whats going on. also when I smelled the inside of my hose it smells burnt.

12 answers to this question

it doesnt taste harsh at all and the are near the edge opposite of each other, I tried taking it off too see if it was to hot, put my coal back on and the same thing first time this happen to me just dont understand

Lol Cameron, you said the same thing twice.

Harrell, it sounds like you know what you are doing, so I highly doubt it's a setup problem. Do you think that an ember might have sank into your hose at one point in time, maybe resulting in a bad taste in the hose? Have you given your Nammor a solid examination? What about cleaning it out? How used is your vortex? Is there a lot of build-up in it? Some things to think about :-/

Take your hookah apart make sure no shsia is caught some where also you may need to soak the bowl or vase what so you use to clean it?

Lol smoke no do it one day there's a difference lol to much it in one spot will just suck heat in. Shisha overly burnt is a whole diffrent situation, I should have worded it better though

I blow through my hose before every session, also clean my bowl before every session aslo, but Im gonna give my hookah a very good cleaning tonight and try again tommorow and see what happens. just wanted some insight to what could have happened. I have a new fancy hose on the way so ill try that too. thanks for the insight.

yeah just took it apart didnt see anything but gave it a very good scrub, the hose smell alot better wondering if it was just the hose, everything else was fine.

Ya you should regularly try to clean your hoses after every session

A nice trick for mod bowls is making a "snake". Take a piece of crinkled foil, roll it up in a stick shape and roll between your hands to tighten it. Then twist it into a coil shape and place it on top of your shisha before you put the foil over your bowl. This creates a gap between your coals and shisha and prevents any scorching or burning of your shisha.