Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tach

vortex or phunnel bowl??

Funnel bowl is the one with the big whole in the middle vortex still has the pint in the center but there are 3 small wholes around it instead of ontop. I personaly own a funnel for rocks and it keeps juices out of my hookah. Also it keeps shisha burning for longer.

Cameron, ive never heard of someone having trouble with smoking steam stones in a vortex. It functions in the same way the phunnel does for the stones. Not being certain of how a product works or wanting to learn more is one thing, but spreading misinformation about products is counter-intuitive to this forum. If you don't know about something, just ask... We all had to learn one way or another.

Honestly forme it depends on what brand of shisha Im smoking. For Al Falkher, Starbuzz, Fantasia and Fusion I always use my Vortex bowl. For Romman, Fumari, Social Smoke I always use my Phunnel bowl. Any new brand that Im trying for first time I experiment a couple,of times before i choose my to-go bowl

Hope this was useful :)

Smoke I personallybhave had the juices from stones end up being in the water that is my personal experience, mybe mine is a bad Bach but I do not use a voterx out of personal experience I will say though that it only happens with stones

I'm confused by your post... You have juices from the stones end up in water? Are you saying the juice accumulates into a pool of water in your vortex but not your phunnel? And where did you get your vortex from? And I think you've mentioned it before, but what brand of stones do you use?

I hate vortexes, I just use a clay bowl for most everything except tangiers, sometimes ill throw it in a funnel with like al fakher because that takes a weird pack, and he was saying the juice from his stones dripped down the holes in the vortex into his base water, you aren't supposed to use a vortex for stones for that reason, a funnel works just as well and better than a vortex in most situations so I'd just go with a funnel

I have a Sahara Smoke vortex and i use it for my steam stones, never had a problem. honestly i prefer my vortex to my phunnel, sometimes, depending on my mood i switch back and forth, i really dont see a significant difference between the two to choose one over the other, and i have smoked Tangiers out of both, got the same results.

For me it just depends on what im smoking. I have vortex bowls and phunnel bowls. To me certain tobacco works better in certain bowls.. Maybe its a psychological thing idk.

I think it's all based on preference. My go to bowl is a vortex but i also have a cheap Chinese phunnel bowl so maybe that's why I don't use it. I've tried using it maybe 2 or 3 times and every time, no matter how tight I got the foil the weight of the coals (even when on the edge of the bowl) severely restricted the airflow to the point where I just pulled out the shisha and put it in my vortex instead. Anyone ever experience something like this with a phunnel bowl?