Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smokerings07

Zambookah Bamboo Coals

Started carrying these products in the shop from Sahara Smoke. I picked them up because they are very interesting... made from bamboo and the widest coal I've ever seen at 5cm in diameter, they were made special for the vortex bowl, because they have a hole in the middle (so its a donut shape). They are "natural" so they light on the stove.

I have to say 10/10 on clouds... I packed an apple bowl and the clouds were just massive immediately. My smoke rings have never been so big. Puff after billowy puff, I really enjoyed how much heat it puts off and seems to distribute it evenly.

5/10 on the taste though. They aren't as bad as quicklights on the taste, but definitely below coconut coals. It was really present at the beginning (and don't ask if I lit them all the way or I'd have to punch you), but mellows out as you smoke, or maybe my taste buds are just getting used to it. So far I'm on the first coal... I'll let you know how it finishes out.

Are you sure you lit it all the way lmao but is it like a chemical taste or just like burning bamboo? Also how long does it last and what's the ash amount? Sorry I'm full of questions

I would say it lasts 30 minutes and ashes moderately. The coal itself is very brittle after lit so you have to be careful with it. And I've never started a bonfire of bamboo sticks so I couldn't really answer that question, lol.

At $3 a roll (10 to a roll), it is definitely pricier but you are only using one coal per round, so it evens itself out. I like cocos much better because i can actually manage my heat and there is no aftertaste

the ones i bought i was not happy with. just taking them out of the container then the wrapper they would break. still tried to light them but moving them they would breaks some more. the girl at the smoke shop said they were fragile but she undersold that hahahaha if there is a whole one that wont brake on me then i can try and review it