Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Mikeybass

Another Hookie Newbie

Guest Mikeybass

I'm Mike. I'm pretty new to the whole hookah deal. After trying it once at a Mediterranean restaurant I was "Hooked" I've doing it a couple other times and still love it..trying to get all my friends to experience the experience. I decided to buy my own .. here's a link

it's a 20" Modern Expresso Lookin deal

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-76665506541910_1974_6154270

I got the Heba Diffuser, Japanese Golden Charcoal, A bunch of flavors to try..

It's all still in the mail.. but I hope my endless hours on research will do me good.

Hi to everyone!!

Guest silverraindog

That looks like an awesome hookah :) Welcome to the forum :)

Guest vincent09

Thats a Stargate knock off, although I'm sure there isn't much difference. You should have gotten a larger one tho! :P

Welcome to the forum man, hope we can help ya out

Guest Mikeybass

If I should of gotten a bigger one..is it possible just to buy a longer stem for it?? Do they sell stems separate? do most stems fit?

If I should of gotten a bigger one..is it possible just to buy a longer stem for it?? Do they sell stems separate? do most stems fit?

Buying a longer stem won't really do much for you except make it a more noticeable centerpiece. It may make the tobacco burn more slowly, but I've never found it to make much difference unless you're talking about going from a carrying-case-size stem to an adult-leg-sized stem. And the glass on that hookah wouldn't support that. It would be way top-heavy. Plus, it wouldn't fit in the case.

I'd just hang on to that rad-looking piece and think about investing in a bigger hookah in the future if it comes to that.

As with most things, it's not the size that matters, but what you do with it.

Welcome to the forum.

:)

Guest bpkelly89

That a really neat looking hookah, I almost bought one alot like it then decided against it. Glad you're here, hope you enjoy the forum.

Guest Mikeybass

Ok I received my hookah in the mail.. I've used it twice so far and I'm not really getting alot of smoke from it.. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if its the hookah its self.. I've done everything this forum recommends. Once I put the coals on it takes forever before I start getting some white smoke. but once I get some smoke it doesn't last that long. I'm not getting the same smoke as I was in the hookah bars.. any reasons why?

Guest bpkelly89

Sounds like you have a heat problem. What kind of coal arrangement are you using?