Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kmkey

Sahara vortex

Question

21 answers to this question

I have both a phunnel and a Sahara smoke vortex and once you nail down the technique differences I think the phunnel is better, mine is deeper so it holds more shisha than the vortex because of hole placement, bit the vortex is way easier to figure out and smoke

Vortex for shisha, phunnel for stones

I use my funnel for shisha too like Tangiers nakhala even starbuzz lol. I don't even touch my normal Egyptian bowl anymore.

All in all its true you can put shisha in the phunnel bowl. But the phunnel holds the stones glyxerin better than the vortex. Xhale makes a "phunnel" so to speak its vortex in look but has a center hole instead of the four around it

All in all its true you can put shisha in the phunnel bowl. But the phunnel holds the stones glyxerin better than the vortex. Xhale makes a "phunnel" so to speak its vortex in look but has a center hole instead of the four around it

I completely agree with you yes funnels are I personally think perfect for stones.

Yea phunnels are all about trial and error, took me several tries before I could get it to smoke right, if you use CoCo Naras it's easier to figure out than quick lights

i too have both. personally i prefer the vortex with the holes on the sides of the spire theres no flow problems with the foil being pulled down. but it really is about trial an error. i had to make the foil really taut of the phunnel before i got it right.but the perk that you can get more shisha in the phunnel , with the vortex you have get the shisha right at the bottom of the holes on the spire and pack it right!!! proper packing is the crucial part for both. i say get both and make your choice.

I just got a phunnel and I'm liken it I like how much bigger of a bowl it is took forever to heat up
I'm happy for ya lol

to me it all has to do with the tabacco your smoking. Every tabacco has its own "profile". I find that starbuzz, fumari, social smoke, etc smoke better in a vortex bowl. Whereas tangiers and al faker smoker better in the phunnel. I also have different packing methods for each tobacco to get the best session out of it.

All in all its true you can put shisha in the phunnel bowl. But the phunnel holds the stones glyxerin better than the vortex. Xhale makes a "phunnel" so to.speak its vortex in look but has a center hole instead of the four around it

I have this phunnel and it's fantastic

to me it all has to do with the tabacco your smoking. Every tabacco has its own "profile". I find that starbuzz, fumari, social smoke, etc smoke better in a vortex bowl. Whereas tangiers and al faker smoker better in the phunnel. I also have different packing methods for each tobacco to get the best session out of it.

What are the different ways to pack a bowl?

What are the different ways to pack a bowl?

It really depends on the tobacco your smoking and which bowl your packing it in. For instance if your packing starbuzz in a vortex, youll want to very losely pack the tobacco in and move the tobacco around with a toothpick away from the center spire. Also make sure your below the rim of the bowl. double layers of foil. you can also go on youtube. Hookahrev has tutorials on how to load and pack bowls for different tobacco. It helped me out a lot as well as me tinkering myself to get it just right.