Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kmkey

km?

Question

21 answers to this question

Km's are good

But to get what you really want

Just buy it all in parts bowl,narbish,ash tray,stem.

What's a narbish

I have a tri metal at home and love it

I was liken thoes there beautiful I was also looking at the world cup chiller and buying an Sahara smoke Odysse bowl for it

The world cup chiller is gonna be my next KM purchase. You really can't go wrong with KMs . Through time you'll find things to experiment and fit to your likes.

Magdy Zidan is a great brand that costs less than KM, but has similar styling and quality. KM is one of the most popular brands you will find on the market and that's for good reason. They are beautiful and come in countless varieties, but you end up paying a bit more for the popularity of the name.

photo0080gr.jpg

Just about any Egyptian will smoke well. I have 3 KMs and 2 MZs and a couple of genaric Egyptians and they all some about the same. Just added a couple turkish hookahs. slightly more restrictive but smoke well.

edm

What do you mean survive

Really cheap hookahs are made from cheap steel that will eventually rust. Stainless steel comes in various grades and stainless does not mean rust proof.

Yeap stainless will still rust given time. The steel is made stainless by adding Chromium to it, up to 11%. The chromium reactes with oxygen and become chromium oxide, which protects the steel. Areas like inside the heart where there is less contact with oxygen can rust given time. I have 2 old KM Amer hookahs that had a small amount of surface rust. Cleaned off real quick with CLR.

edm

Yeap stainless will still rust given time. The steel is made stainless by adding Chromium to it, up to 11%. The chromium reactes with oxygen and become chromium oxide, which protects the steel. Areas like inside the heart where there is less contact with oxygen can rust given time. I have 2 old KM Amer hookahs that had a small amount of surface rust. Cleaned off real quick with CLR.

edm

Exactly. A higher grade of steel will cost more, but will prevent potential problems in the future. Then again, I have always been partial to solid brass rigs for many reasons.