Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mliberty

E-Cig... E-Hookah?

Question

So at the local lounge I often reside at the owner there treats me and my gf like family, for Christmas he got us these Hookah E-Cigs from Imperial Hookah, I got Strawberry Margarita and my gf got Mocha, they are pretty good and work fairly well, anyone else have any experience with these E-Hookahs? I've used regular E-Cigs before but never an E-Hookah.

I have bought two e hookah cigars n they are not bad at all... theres not many flavours on these hookah cigs but the flavors arent bad

I have tried vanilla and passion fruit, i would say passion fruit its my favorite cus the taste seems more flavorable.

I have no issue with e-cigs and I have a lot of friends who enjoy them. my issue with them is this attempt to tap the hookah market. They aren't hookahs at all and shouldn't be labeled as such.

I personally dont like any strawberry flavored shisha, so the e hookah wouldnt be worth $10 in my opinion, the mocha latte was good though, that would be worth $10 in a pinch, plus they have others like honey dew melon which is good, peach as well, passion fruit, cocktail (dunno about this one), they mostly seem to be pretty good.

I have no issue with e-cigs and I have a lot of friends who enjoy them. my issue with them is this attempt to tap the hookah market. They aren't hookahs at all and shouldn't be labeled as such.

This!! Just because they have a fruity flavor doesn't mean it's a hookah. It's stuff like this that gives hookah its taboo.

The high quality e-cigs are pretty nice and worth a try if you like fruity flavors and spend a lot of time on the run. I've considered getting one for my time spent at my favorite club, where I can't really set up a hookah but it's not enough of an urge to justify spending a bunch of money I don't have. lol.

I have 2 E-cigs. One is called Ego-C2 and the other is a Crystal brand. I think they are great. Love the flavors and thick vape clouds. Right now I'm hooked on Blueberry. There are some flavors that just don't work. Like Cheesecake and Dulce de leche. ICK! Favorite deserts but not good for the e-cigs. Basic flavors work pretty well. Coffee flavor is good too. I don't recommend any kind of E-cig from gas stations or head shops/ bong and pipe stores. They have terrible products in my opinion. Very cheaply made. Mine has a wick inside that needs changed every so often. Starts to get a burn taste and that's how you know you need a new one. The wicks could last weeks depending on how often you use it. I don't know what makes the E-hookah like a hookah. I'm pretty sure it uses the same atomizer as my e-cig.

Starbuzz and fantasia make e-liquids now and I myself also have an eGo, haven't had any issues with it yet and so far the flavors I've purchased have been worth it. When it comes to hookah/shisha brand e-liquids, in my honest opinion starbuzz is the way to go but for 14 bucks a bottle its a bit pricey. The flavors are true to their shisha though. However currently I've been steering towards the local flavors of the vape shops in my area, one of which is Dr pepper and it tastes just like it. Another good flavor is the dude, pineapple peach type which is far better than what I was expecting lol. Anyways e-cigs are pretty cool but they won't ever sway me away from hookah :P It is a good on the go alternative though especially if you would like to have pirates cave with you on the road ;)

Sent from my XT907 using Hookah.org mobile app

I've heard good things about Hookafina's e liquids. I'm ordering some this weekend to try out. Im starting to get more into vaping, it's not really an e hookah though. I have a tank system that I got from Halo Cigs, not sure about the specifics but it works well and I like it. I'll probably be doing a review on it at some point.

I rarely use it at home because I would rather set up my hookah but I always take it with me when I go out and it's been great for that.

For sure! I'm probably going to try out the raspberry peach and citrusberry because they seem pretty popular.

Also, maybe someone here can help me. I have this tank - Crystal Clear Tanks | Triton Tank System | Halo Cigs

And it has little strings inside that absorb the juice and lead to inside the coil. The part inside that holds these strings comes out and can be replaced. But I'm wondering if I can just replace the strings. Or if I can clean them off somehow before switching flavors. Sorry if this seems dumb but I've never used a tank like this before so I wasn't sure lol

Yeah you should be able to just replace the strings or wicks as some may call them. There are various types too, you've got your standard cotton, silica and I've also heard of some people using hemp cord. Just keep in mind depending on what you use, the absorption and production of the juice and vaper will differ. My tank uses silica wicks and I've just been rinsing it out with distilled water then dry burning til the water is as evaporated as I can get it lol. Only downside is you can only do that method a handful of times. I'm actually thinking of upgrading to the pro tank 2

I don't have anything so contribute to my original topic but I just wanted to say I'm amazed after an entire year this thread is still getting posts lol

Sent from Galaxy S4 via Mobile App

I switched from cigarettes to ecigs a little over a year ago in an attempt to get my nicotine in a less harmful way, even if it was only marginally less. I've gotten far enough into it in that time that it probably counts as a hobby now. I own or owned and traded/gave away/resold dozens of devices and atomizers. I'm no expert, but I know a bit. If anybody has a question I'd be happy to help, cause lord knows I'm going to have enough for you guys in the coming months.

For sure! I'm probably going to try out the raspberry peach and citrusberry because they seem pretty popular.

Also, maybe someone here can help me. I have this tank - Crystal Clear Tanks | Triton Tank System | Halo Cigs

And it has little strings inside that absorb the juice and lead to inside the coil. The part inside that holds these strings comes out and can be replaced. But I'm wondering if I can just replace the strings. Or if I can clean them off somehow before switching flavors. Sorry if this seems dumb but I've never used a tank like this before so I wasn't sure lol

Most clearomizers like the Triton are set up so you can change the coil head out. They're done this way because the coil is suppose to burn out before you burn the wick if used properly. Unfortunately a lot of people, including me, don't seem capable of using them "properly." That's why I only use bottom coils or devices with stainless mesh wicks. If the wick isn't burned you can rinse and/or soak the whole head and reuse it, but replacing just the wick is actually a pretty arduous task.

Also, if you want your liquids to taste as good as possible you should consider all metal or glass tanks. That Triton has a polycarb plastic tank. For top coils I can only think of the all metal Vivi Novas. I know glass and metal combination ones exist, just can't think of the names at the moment. For bottom coils your best bet is probably the Protank line from Kanger.

Starbuzz and fantasia make e-liquids now and I myself also have an eGo, haven't had any issues with it yet and so far the flavors I've purchased have been worth it. When it comes to hookah/shisha brand e-liquids, in my honest opinion starbuzz is the way to go but for 14 bucks a bottle its a bit pricey. The flavors are true to their shisha though. However currently I've been steering towards the local flavors of the vape shops in my area, one of which is Dr pepper and it tastes just like it. Another good flavor is the dude, pineapple peach type which is far better than what I was expecting lol. Anyways e-cigs are pretty cool but they won't ever sway me away from hookah :P It is a good on the go alternative though especially if you would like to have pirates cave with you on the road ;)

Vape shops and vendors who specialize in e-liquid tend to have the best flavors in my experience. Don't get me wrong, I like Starbuzz and Fantasia's flavors well enough, but for the price they just don't hold a candle to Mister-E and Fuzion. Not in my opinion anyway.

This!! Just because they have a fruity flavor doesn't mean it's a hookah. It's stuff like this that gives hookah its taboo.

I don't know for certain, as I haven't been using an ecig for as long as shisha/hookah companies have been making their own, but from what I have read and heard on the subject it wasn't very common for people to call them e-hookahs before the shisha companies got involved. And the connection has the potential to harm both parties, honestly. E-cigs are trying to avoid being lumped in with traditional tobacco products like cigarettes and dip, and even though you don't burn the tobacco in a hookah all the average Joe knows about them is that they look like drug paraphenelia and involve tobacco. On the flip side all the extra scrutiny aimed at e-cigs could spill over onto hookah's already loaded plate thanks to people deciding to call certain kinds "e-hookahs" instead of "personal vaporizers" or "mods" like most of the users and vendors do. Problem is I think enough people have called them that for long enough that I think we're stuck with it.

Sent by the power of Greyskull

I've had a lot of experience with E-Hookahs, and electronic smoking in general. I have found that the Starbuzz E-Shisha hose is the best electronic alternative to tobacco based shisha on the market. The flavours are spot on to starbuzz flavours, and produces big thick clouds of vapour. If you want to experiment with more flavours other than just Starbuzz, you can get electronic alternatives that you put ontop of a regular hookah pipe (I.e where the bowl would usually be). I have bought a few of these, and they always surprise me. My favourite version of these so far has to be E-volve by Shisharette, as it has 2 atomisers, and can be easily refilled with any e-liquid of your choice.

Or you could just get the appropriate unfilled cartomizers (the e-hose uses "standard" 510 threaded. Probably best to get 3.0 ohm or above since you're essentially running dual coils), fill them with whatever flavor and brand of eliquid you want, and use them on the e-hose.

But honestly, the only reason to buy the e-hose is that it looks like a hookah hose. Under that "cover" it is pretty much just a higher milliamp hour eGo. If you don't care about the look, buy an Itaste SVD or another comparible 18650 vv/vw mod, a pair of IMR 18650 batteries, a battery charger for those, and a dual cartomizer adapter. You will end up with a device that is more versatile (since you can use almost anything with it, not just the dual carto set up), better performing (since the SVD is variable voltage/wattage you can tailor the power output to suit your wants or needs), and more cost effective (since when the batteries quit holding charge you can just get new ones, where with the e-hose the whole thing is scrap at that point). Not only that, but unless you get majorly ripped off on one of those parts you should be able to get a couple of 5-packs of cartos and a bottle or two of juice to put in them before you even get to what it costs to buy the e-hose by itself.

@hookahvoodoo thanks for the info! I have the Triton because it was sent to me for a review, but since I only have the two tanks it came with I'll have to get more for it eventually so I appreciate the help. =) I knew the coils were replaceable but I was just wondering if it was possible to clean them out so I can switch flavors, and you confirmed that I can. As for using a different tank, I'm totally open to that but I have no idea what is compatible with my batteries

I'd also like to add for anyone looking for juices that the Halo ones have been great so far, I have 6 flavors and I've tried 3 so far and loved them all. The Belgian Cocoa is so delicious.

@hookahvoodoo thanks for the info! I have the Triton because it was sent to me for a review, but since I only have the two tanks it came with I'll have to get more for it eventually so I appreciate the help. =) I knew the coils were replaceable but I was just wondering if it was possible to clean them out so I can switch flavors, and you confirmed that I can. As for using a different tank, I'm totally open to that but I have no idea what is compatible with my batteries

I'd also like to add for anyone looking for juices that the Halo ones have been great so far, I have 6 flavors and I've tried 3 so far and loved them all. The Belgian Cocoa is so delicious.

No problem, and the Triton tanks have basic eGo threading, so if those work with your batteries any tank with eGo threading or 510 threading should as well. The 510s use the threads on the inner part of the connector so on an eGo style battery they will look like there is a gap. It isn't an actual issue, but if you want it to look better they make things that go over the eGo threads to cover them and smooth out the transition from battery to tank/atmoizer. Some sites call them "sleeves" some call them "beauty rings."

http://www.vapehut.com/Ego-Sleeve-p/ego_sleeve.htm A few examples of the sleeves.

And seconding the recommend for Halo's liquids. The handful I have sampled were awesome.

Thanks! I'll have to see what kind of tanks I can get for an eGo then. Lots of people suggest kanger tanks so I'll see if those can work with these batteries. My kit came with one of those sleeves so if I ever have a smaller tank or a cartomizer I'll still be good to go.

Theres a vape shop near me so maybe I'll stop by there and see what they have. I just didn't want to go in there sounding like an idiot and not knowing what exactly it was that I needed haha Thank you!

I just bought the KangerTech Protank II for my eGo a few days ago, works like a champ and is easy to clean and it's also rebuildable.

My boyfriend is intent on getting an ehooka. He got a cheep one and I hated it. It burned and didn't taste the same. Then he cleaned out the crystal stuff which ended up breaking it. He just recently bought a new one and it's a little better and he got a non-nicotine fluid. It's better than the last one cause it's a Fantasia brand but i'm still not a huge fan of it.

My brother has the same setup as you haha. A local vape shop is having a promotion where you bring in one cigarette and you get a free e-cig(cheap) and a free 12ml bottle of fluid of your choosing.

post-9263-14071872069244_thumb.jpg