Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Mikeybass

Japanese Golden Charcoal

Guest Mikeybass

Alright. I was searching the internet for Charcoal and I was reading in one online store that this Japanese Golden Charcoal was the most popular to the mature seasoned hookah smokers..the reason why i bought this charcoal is becuase i was told japanese charcoal has the less amount of carbon monoxide .. It was $15 plus shipping for these babies.. My oppion is that these suck.. They have a really strong odor which is driving me crazy.. I can't stand the smell anymore.. plus they don't last that long at all.. I need to get some new stuff quick.. heres the link to what I bought....

1488_big.jpg

A big thumbs down for me...

Hmm... I have a friend who swears by this stuff. But if it's that expensive, count me out. There's no reason to pay that much for charcoal when you can get a bag of the standard natural stuff for $1.99.

Guest jsharp07

Yea there is no reason to pay that much for coals. I can get a kilo of exotica's for like $6 + shipping. I have hear differing opinions on japanies coals some people love them some hate them. it's all a matter of taste. I personaly dislike them, because i don't like the taste or smell they give the tobacco. i NEVER want to be able to smell or taste my coals

Guest mitchard

I have probably tried 15 or so kinds/brands of coals, and the Golden Canarys are easily the best coal available on the market.

No smell, at all. No taste, at all. They light incredibly fast.

They blow all of the more popular coals (Coconara, CH and Exotica) out of the water.

The only downside is the price. As started its around 15 bucks for a box of 96 pieces. The coals themselves aren't too large either. But if you have the cash, and want the best experience possible, these coals are the way to go.

I ordered 2 boxes of them after hearing good things, and will be getting more very soon.

what's special about them? Do they last long? give good heat? no smell (I'm assuming as these are all good qualities)

Guest mitchard

The heat is perfect. With both coconara and ch, I have had issues finding a zone with Tangiers. There was either too much, or not enough heat. With these, two is perfect with a windcover, and three is perfect without. No harshness at all.

They don't last as long as some coals due to their size, but they do last for a good amount of time.

I use them when i run out of coconaras. coconaras are expensive, but i swear by them.. also, a local hookah bar closed down, so we got their leftovers for about $60 [a KM and about 6 boxes of coals]

lol. i guess i was just lucky.

I have yet to try the canaries, but I'll give them an order sometime. I am in love coconaras. No flavor AND they last for nearly an hour and a half on a bowl!

I have yet to try the canaries, but I'll give them an order sometime. I am in love coconaras. No flavor AND they last for nearly an hour and a half on a bowl!

I can send you a pack of them when i get some money. it's a half of a box.

That would be awesome! I could send a money order to cover shipping if you like.

I've never done it before, but I think I could manage it.

Or if you have paypal, you can do it that way. being it's charcoal it shouldn't be that expensive :P PM me whenever you'd like to, I have plenty.