Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thehookahmoose

suggesttions on new coals

Question

22 answers to this question

I use to use those but switch to coconara because of all the greater reviews and I bought a box and they were beyond my expectations but this time around I Don't what's going on with them turning off and dusting into my bowl and ruining the bowl

The ash in the bowl won't ruin anything. That's a myth.

Coco-ultimates are a good alternative that cost less than coconaras, but they smell more when lighting.

Fantasias or I got this cheap little box called coco mazaYa, 5.99 for 27 pieces they burn atleast an hour with moderate heat. Two keep a vortex going realativly easy

The ash in the bowl won't ruin anything. That's a myth.

Coco-ultimates are a good alternative that cost less than coconaras, but they smell more when lighting.

I read your post about heat management could be my problem on my other post. But I only use one coal on my hookah, it heats my bowl and gives me huge coals so I don't think its heat management. what else could this be the problem? P.s I keep the coal on the side not the middle of the bowl. as I've said before I've had a few boxes of coconaras and this is the first time this das happened

For the love of god dont get fantasia air flow... they are too messy! i only use as my backup coals, wth are they even made out of?
hahah I used them ones and they were awful!!! Never using them again

I read your post about heat management could be my problem on my other post. But I only use one coal on my hookah, it heats my bowl and gives me huge coals so I don't think its heat management. what else could this be the problem? P.s I keep the coal on the side not the middle of the bowl. as I've said before I've had a few boxes of coconaras and this is the first time this das happened

I'm glad you enjoyed the article. It could be that you got a bad batch. Sadly it happens with every brand. One common problem is that they could have absorbed too much water. It's like trying to start a fire with wet timber. It can sometimes be fixed if you put them in your over on a low temperature (like 200F) for a while and then let them cool down. this should help evaporate out the extra moisture that might be causing the issue.

Chronic coals are what do it for me, burn more consistently than Cocos, they also ash less in my opinion. Never been disappointed. And its only 13 bucks for a box of 108. Just don't get the quick light version by mistake. They are terrible.

It would work, you would need to let them dry completely, but the problem is that putting them in water will make them even smaller, almost defeating the purpose. It's really not worth it in my opinion. I've been smoking for 5+ years and I've tried almost everything haha.

I'm glad you enjoyed the article. It could be that you got a bad batch. Sadly it happens with every brand. One common problem is that they could have absorbed too much water. It's like trying to start a fire with wet timber. It can sometimes be fixed if you put them in your over on a low temperature (like 200F) for a while and then let them cool down. this should help evaporate out the extra moisture that might be causing the issue.

I have not had the opportunity to experiment with most tyoes, but I can tell you what I have learned so far...

Ignite coals suck. They take forever to light (even with a torch) and do not last long.

However..

Deezer Quick Flames work best for me. They are so easy to light, and they last awhile. Best of all, they fit my budget!

Guest TheRealTwallace

Chronic coals all day. I can honestly say I have never had one problem with them. Great heat, little to no smell when they are lighting, and easily last an hour or a little longer.

Guest TheRealTwallace

Atta boy! Got one of those myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Hookah.org mobile app