Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Layla

Mezza Cuisine - Murfreesboro, TN

There were a lot of bad circumstances surrounding my trip to Mezza Cuisine. I was (and still am) getting over being sick. My cousin was supposed to come with us because we thought he was getting over being sick, but we had to drop him off at an uncle's house on the way, because he got sick again, and he needed to stay with them anyway, so that was sad. We went at about 2, which is between lunch and dinner, not a busy time, and a bad time to go to a buffet. HOWEVER... despite all these unfavorable signs, I had a really good experience.

The buffet had a great variety of food -- all your standard rice, chicken, baba gannouj, grape leaves, etc. The only thing I could complain about was the lack of some simple pita bread. But there was bread, so I got over it. I didn't have a big appetite, so mostly I just ate rice with a small helping of this soup with chicken and green beans, and it was delicious. They also had a little dessert stand with some tasty baklava.

A good thing about this place is that you can take picky eaters there, and even they will be happy. For example, the dessert table had some brownies and oreos, and the entree table had some chicken tenders. Who doesn't like chicken tenders? There is something for everyone.

Like I said, it wasn't a busy time, so you would expect a buffet to be cold and the food not-so-fresh, but the man working there (maybe he was the owner, I'm not sure) was there to provide the best for us and make sure we had good food. Without us asking, he brought a big plate of some excellent gyro meat to our table, which was probably my favorite part. I mean this was GOOD gyro.

After eating, of course I wanted a tea and a smoke. I was very pleased to see hot tea on their menu and, of course, argileh!

And here's something I don't see every day... a great selection of tobacco brands -- nakhla, al-Fakher, and (enjoy this, Nima)... Starbuzz. I ended up sticking with my usual al-Fakher, which was probably a good decision considering my lungs have been a little weak the past few days. He prepared us a clean and high-quality hookah with apple tobacco, which is always delicious. But virgin lungs beware - hookah is served here sans foil, so get ready for a kick. It was just a very large standard grill tobacco directly on top of the tobacco.

Next time, I'll probably come during busy hours to get the best out of the dining experience, and I'll ask for foil on my hookah.

But the main thing is that there will be a next time, which is saying a lot, because I live far away from this place, and I'm still willing to go back. Thumbs up.

Cons: Location. For me that's a bit of a hang-up. But if you live in Murfreesboro, check this place out.

Pros: I love the vibe. The soft, relaxing music and the simple, yet exotic decor really do a lot for the atmosphere. Also, the service was great. He really did a lot to go out of his way to make sure we had a great experience.

I'll probably re-write this review when I go back. My writing sounds better when it's not 4:30 A.M., too.

I'm trying to review this place in the hookah bars directory, but it won't let me.

(You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(LINK_ID,NAME,EMAIL,TITLE,REVIEW,STATUS,DATE_ADDED,DATE_MODIFIED) VALUES (272,'L' at line 1)

That's what it said

i know, there is a coding problem that i need to fix. I'll see if i can fix it tonight. Thanks for reminding me