Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

How can I keep the forum active?

We have a great forum here and the apps (iphone app coming in couple days). What can I do to keep the forum more active and encourage user participation?

I'm too focused on programming of the site and the blog posts on homepage. I want to do more for the forum and I'm hoping to get some feedback from you guys.

Post forms at a lounge. Be like

"Want to more about hookahs and get in on the fun contests to win big go to HOOKAH.ORG aslo available on android and apple phones" do somethings like that I bet lots of people will be interested try to get the attention. Its just a thought :cool:

yea, that just brings more traffic to the site. We already have a large number of members. I want to get them post more often

Ok ok sorry umm well maybe I am not sure if you can post pictures on the app but there should be like little competitions like who can get the biggiest smoke cloud and post pictures of it and each week have something like that

yea, that just brings more traffic to the site. We already have a large number of members. I want to get them post more often

I think we can promote it more as community and get current members more active first. The traffic that comes in lose interest immediately when they see little or no current threads.

Yeah I dont have any fresh ideas. Between me being busy and not being much of a talker anyways, i dont know how to keep it active. I remember i looked forward to posting every day on the site when i clicked with pineappledaddy but he disappeared. There are some really great members on this forum but i feel like most of us have been through the hookah grind and are tired of answering the same questions from ppl that show up to post 1 question then peace out like its wikianswers.

Everything seems to be running smooth that I can tell.

Wilson has a cool idea, though. But Skype, I believe, is only one on one interaction. There is a website that allows multiple interaction screen. I will fond out what it is called later this evening.

I come on here to try and start up conversations with people who have the same interests, including hookah.

haha, i like the ideas. I really like to see more people getting involved in the contests. We have a $40 and a $75 contest running every month. ($75 is a pretty good amount for tobaccos and coals and what not).

I'm working on the iPhone app as I type this thread too so we should have that up very soon too.

Things are moving along boys and girls!

I agree that they're great ideas. I plan on entering next contest. I just missed yesterdays entry. And yea $75 and $40 contests are great for anyone who enjoys hookah and is on a tight budget lol.

There were two contestants in the Video contest that ended Friday, You can vote for the winners by end of day today and tomorrow I'll start the new contest ($40 picture contest). Any ideas on the contest theme?

I like home made hookah. Im not sure how many people will participate in it though.

How much is it going to cost you? I might be able to cover parts of it if you can make a video of it and write an article on "How to make a homemade hookah",

Yea I see what your saying about not many people participating. Making it was actually free because I already had the parts. I had an old stem and a lava lamp and made myself a lava lamp hookah. Haven't tried it yet though. I'm looking forward to trying it.

I don't know about being able to write an article lol I'm not much of a writer. I'd be more than happy to write in a post what I did though.