Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Clutch

Another one comes dragging in...

Guest Clutch

Greetings and bonjour from south Louisiana. Another newbie to hookah/shisha here. My wife and I were recently in Las Vegas celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and while on vacation I found myself blurting out to my lovely bride, "Hey, there's a hookah lounge. I've never been to one, have you?"

Our first visit was on a slow night. We shared the lounge with the proprietor, a pleasant gentleman named Sharif, and two young ladies from Ethiopia.

Sharif introduced us to hookah with a pleasing bowl of Al-Waha Rose shisha and a cup of African Honeybush tea.

Sharif took the time to instruct us on how to smoke the hookah and eventually tidbits of information and instruction on packing a bowl properly, coal management, etc.

Upon our departure we bought our first hookah. We returned the following evening to enjoy the belly dancing and found ourselves in a lounge full of hookah lovers.

After all was said and done my wife and I found ourselves new friends of the hookah and since returning from Las Vegas most evenings at the end of our work day we make a bowl, heat some charcoal and enjoy a hookah and spend an hour or so together, talking, sharing the hookah.

Why didn't anyone tell me about this sooner? LoL

Glad to be here, y'all!

Clutch

Guest vincent09

Sounds like you had a good time. Glad to have you. Hope we can help out with any questions you might have. What kind of hookah did you buy?

I could swear that I replied to this post, but perhaps not...

Either way, welcome to the hookah smokers community :)

Guest Clutch
Sounds like you had a good time. Glad to have you. Hope we can help out with any questions you might have. What kind of hookah did you buy?

We bought an Egyptian hookah... 26". Considering we met about 20 Egyptians and a couple of Ethiopians this actually came as no surprise!