Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rs1202

Do you re use your foil?

Question

I was just wondering what you guys and gals do. I get really lazy sometimes and just re use my foil (sometimes for weeks at a time). The holes are already there so all you need to do is pack your bowl and you're ready to go. What about you?

I change it out everytime. Foil is fairly inexpensive, and a larger role lasts awhile...

The Wal Mart heavy duty foil larger box is about two bucks, and lasts me about three months

I agree. It's definitely cheap. And I have plenty of foil. It's just that I get lazy lol. I was just curious if it was just me.

Sent from my HTC One V using Hookah.org mobile app

I agree. It's definitely cheap. And I have plenty of foil. It's just that I get lazy lol. I was just curious if it was just me.

How about tearing off 25-30 squares to start with, then you can readily pull out a sheet whenever you need?

Hey that's not a bad idea. Maybe that'll help a bit with my laziness lol

foil emits a chemical when it is heated. hence the color change. thats why i stick with a screen :cool:

foil emits a chemical when it is heated. hence the color change. thats why i stick with a screen :cool:

Don't wory about the color change, you have to super heat the foil to release any of the so called chemicals to be released.

Does Aluminum Increase Your Risk For Alzheimer

Aluminum and Alzheimer's- Is There a Link? - Risk Factors - Alzheimer's

Can aluminum foil cause alzheimers? - Yahoo! Answers

edm

I'll second Mustaniis post. I was curious after reading the previous post and came across this discussion on another forum. I also read an article and from what I got from the article and forum is that aluminum foil/ Aluminum oxide has a melting point much higher than the temp given off by coals. Also aluminum foil is food grade so its pretty safe to assume that if you can cook with it safely you shouldn't have any issues smoking with it.

I am lazy and will reuse the foil until it either tears or there is tobacco stuck to it. We only use foil in the hookah we take with us at lunch time. For our longer sessions at night we use the lotus.

Same here, 80% of the time I'm using the lotus, but the rest of the time I just get new foil. I almost always end up tearing it when I take it off anyway haha

A good bowl screen could solve this problem too if you can find one.

For some reason I couldn’t get my bowl screen to work right the last time I tried. I was using it on a phunnel bowl and ended up putting two quick lights on it but the smoke was still very weak. I ended up just giving up because my lunch break was almost over.

I was lucky enough to find a 1000ft roll of Reynolds heavy duty foil. I've been using it for years

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

I buy my foil from Sam's in the restaurant sized rolls lol

Sent from my N9810 using Hookah.org mobile app

Does anyone else tear off large pieces and then fold them into perfect squares then use that for a while?

I almost always have those pre cut foils laying around because I get them free in my orders, but if I don't have any of those I just tear off what I need and make a nice square and thats that. I never thought of making a bunch at once, but I will do that now! haha

I never get precut foil I never see one that is heavy duty.

I only use Social Smoke foil which can be reused up to 5 times. I've been able to reuse it that much, but I usually reuse it up to 3 times and then I change it for a new one. By the 5th time it just gets weak and it doesn't stay tight like a drum. So I change it every 3rd bowl, but their foil is really, really awesome. I know is cheap but why throw it away when its still usable?

I wrap the shisha in the foil then throw it away. so it doesn't fall all over the place.

Just had an epiphany! When you guys use the Reynolds foil, do you double up on it or only use a single piece? Don't know why I just thought about that now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chernobyl: I've been using a box of Lavoo foils. They're heavy duty. I bought some for my honeymoon so I wouldn't have to deal with finding a roll of foil (I'm not going to put a roll of Reynold's Wrap in my suitcase), and I was surprised by the quality for the price. It's still more expensive than just a roll of heavy duty foil, but it's hella convenient (yes, I just said hella). I also do the whole "cut a bunch" idea, and just put them in boxes of the free foil I've received. Just keeps it nice and tidy.

dd: I always double up the foil if using standard aluminum foil. It keeps the heat slightly more consistent, but more importantly, because there is a thicker layer of foil, it prevents burning. I'll usually cut a rectangle strip of foil, cut it in half using the edge of my kitchen counter, place them on top of each other, and use my hands to get them both as flat as possible. It's still not as thick as heavy duty, but it does the job.