Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kalutika

How important is the internet to your hookah habit?

Question

I wouldn't be a hookah smoker if it were not for the internet.

My little town had no hookah shops, no hookah culture and nothing that would let me try out this hobby.

My family had no hookah tradition.

It is thanks to the online forums that I was able to study and perfect my techniques.

It is the online vendors that allows me to get the best deals on the widest range of products.

Would you be a hookah smoker without the internet?

I was a hookah smoker before I had internet at home :)

I was first introduced to hookah at my friends house back when I was probably about 16. He was from a middle eastern country which I can't recall but hookah was a tradition in his family and culture. However if it weren't for the internet I don't think hookah would be as big of a part of my life as it is now.

Definetly not. Would have never heard of it without the net. Plus supplies around here are nowhere to be found.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Hookah.org mobile app

Funny enough, I'm pretty close to some of the biggest online retailers and the best manufacturers, but I wouldn't even know they existed without the internet and the hookah forums.

If it weren't for the internet, I wouldn't know anything about natural coals.

That alone has made my smoking experiences a million times better, and longer!

If it weren't for the internet, I wouldn't know anything about natural coals.

That alone has made my smoking experiences a million times better, and longer!

The road to enlightenment begins with nats.

The cost of most tobaccos and coals are much cheaper online too

That's for sure. I went to a smoke shop once that wanted $26.00 for 250g of al fakher. Crazy

Sent from my HTC One V using Hookah.org mobile app

I started smoking hookah before I found out about it online. I learned at a local cigar shop. However if I was left only able to buy what they carry I don’t think I’d still be smoking.

I also was introduced without the internet, my friends smoked and one time I went over for drinks and to play cards and they offered to light up the hookah and I was like "Sure!" and so it began. But like most of us, I could not have this hobby if it wasn't for the internet, there aren't even hookah shops here in Canada because tobacco laws and taxes are insane and outdated, so I have to order online.

The cost of most tobaccos and coals are much cheaper online too

The local store near me is cheaper. But albeit a smaller selection. Don't mind though it's worth it.

Honestly I learned a lot of things from the store owner where I buy supplies. But then the internet either backed them up our expanded on what he said. The only thing the internet does for me now regarding hookahs is letting me know about new products and letting me talk to you guys

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

I’m glad you hang out online and talk to us! I am also jealous you have a well-stocked reasonably prices store near you. As much as I like ordering stuff online sometimes you want something ASAP!

Having the store nearby is amazing. Shisha is always $1-2 less than online. Coals are much cheaper,a 108 count of Coco Nara's is only $10 instead of the $15 I see online.

I'm glad we are all here, this is the best hookah forum in my opinion

Now I’m really jealous…

I love how friendly everyone is here. I am a member of hookahpro but I really ever visit let alone post. Normally it is just to go look something up.

I'm the same way with other forums. I tried to become active on the royal hookah forum and they have so many people that I don't feel welcome plus to be honest some of those members, not going to name names, are a bit rude

I agree. Super rude. I've viewed the forums and that was the sole reason for not joining. Id rather just post here and get friendly feedback instead of 18 different answers at once.

I hate getting yelled at for reviving old posts, sometimes it doesn't need to be done but other times you can add something to the conversation that doesn't need a new thread started

Sent from my N9810 using Hookah.org mobile app

I don't mind revivals of threads, it's the starting off new threads with the same topic that annoys me. No reason in having more threads if they all will have the same information in them

I know, I hate it when people get yelled at for asking a question instead of searching for it but then others get yelled at for reviving an old thread

Sent from my N9810 using Hookah.org mobile app

Before I start any thread I search though so I can understand telling them to do that but not yelling at them. I have seen other forums yell at new users for doing so. Not a great way to welcome users

Yea I think people take that a little too seriously. But that just makes me appreciate this forum more. I've never seen any conflict at all here

That's because we respect everyone and the forum itself.

True. We're all mature adults lol.... Well adults

Yea the bigger the forum the more jerks there are. I post on hookah pro too but not nearly as much. Its all repetitive stuff and no real conversation. I spent a total of 2 days trying to like royal hookah forum but I just couldn't lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk