Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Who smokes tangiers on a regular basis?

Question

Who on our forum smokes tangiers on a regular basis?

22 answers to this question

I do and I starting to smoke it almost exclusively. It just blows everything else away IMO. I've got packing and managing it perfected now in my crown.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Hookah.org mobile app

I smoke Tangiers about as much as I smoke Nakhla, so fairly regularly. It's pretty good and has some unique flavors that I love. It's not as amazing as some people seem to believe. It's good and one of the best on the market, but it's not ambrosia from on high.

I smoke it fairly regularly. It's really good but with the way they make Their tobacco sometimes it's really hard to get what you want. It's just about always sold out on most online vendors.

Ok then. I'll see if we can do more review of Tangiers on the blog in the upcoming months and maybe run Tangiers hookah contests

I'll get some articles and reviews up on the subject. It's pretty much the only American craft hookah tobacco even worth talking about. The others have either been terrible or way over priced.

What are your top tangiers flavors? Take a look at this list and maybe post your top 5 flavors here

Haha, nice Nima... about 2 days ago, my friend asked me if I were stranded on a desert island, what would be my top 5 flavors I'd want with me.

Aaaaaaand here they are:

Ololiuqui

Little Purple Candy

Cane Mint

Absinthe

Rangoon Sunrise

I do. It is my husband’s favorite and now that I have figured out how to pack it and what kind of heat it likes in our set up it isn’t much trouble at all. I think the key to Tangiers is to learn how it likes to be treated at your house. What works for my living room may not work in yours.

That is very true, especially now that they are discontinuing the lucid line, which was great for people who had problems acclimating it in their areas. It really just comes down to experimenting with it and finding what works, like WolfDen said.

I almost never get to smoke tangiers anymore because I have to order it online and you can only find it in 250g bags, too much for me to take the risk of it getting taxed at the border. I do miss it though.

Im about to order some tangiers cane mint and my question is; how much of a crime will it be if i dont smoke it out of a tangiers bowl? Do i HAVE to have a tangier branded bowl?

Im about to order some tangiers cane mint and my question is; how much of a crime will it be if i dont smoke it out of a tangiers bowl? Do i HAVE to have a tangier branded bowl?

You don't have to have a Tangiers bowl, but you should have a phunnel. Tangiers performs poorly in Egyptians, but it can be done. I have an Alien Mini and that's what I use - it's probably my favorite bowl to use for Tangiers.

Not at all, like dougc said the most important thing is that you use a phunnel bowl. It doesn’t matter what brand.

oh ok, because I do have a social smoke funnel and vortex, and was wondering if those would work fine for Tangiers. Ok I'll place the order then. Was waiting for a response :). Thanks guys.

Use the phunnel. When you pack the bowl you want to have it the same density as it was in the bag when it came to you. So you will be packing it down a lot more than any other brand. Trust me, with a phunnel it will be fine. There is a great video on here that Paul (I think) posted showing how he packed it. He uses an oyster fork, but I have packed by hand and been fine. I actually bought a little box of 100 cocktail forks that work really well as well.

Don’t forget to let us know what you think.

It should work fine. I smoke Tangiers in a lot of different bowls. The most important factor is having a bowl that has a juice reservoir like a funnel ot crown classic. I find a lot of the voodoo magic touted as the one true way to smoke Tangiers to be bupkis. WolfDen is right that it behaves best when packed tightly. Go easy on the heat at first and step your way up. It's a fickle tobacco and it takes a little more heat management than most modern tobaccos.

Thanks for all your assistance guys. I have to change my order to cherry because they don't have the cane mint in stock.

Regular-ish tangiers smoker. I know a lot about the brand but in recent months I've been slowing down on it because of local availability. Hands down best modern molassal (since nak doesn't count in that category in my book!)

I'd love to see a tangiers contest nima, that'd be the shit!

Regular-ish tangiers smoker. I know a lot about the brand but in recent months I've been slowing down on it because of local availability. Hands down best modern molassal (since nak doesn't count in that category in my book!)

I'd love to see a tangiers contest nima, that'd be the shit!

Same here, I would smoke it constantly if it was readily available here lol Though, I am starting to order it more despite the higher risk of getting taxed. Other brands just can't offer what Tangiers can.