Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kalutika

Your go to coal

Question

Do you have one particular brand of charcoal that is your default choice?

I have a soft spot for Cocomazaya coals. They are nice and consistent even if they are a little pricey. Half of my devotion may be because I got about 12 kilos of naras and mazayas a long time ago and haven't had to buy many other brands to find a replacement. Coco-ultimates are my other brand of choice, but I always reach for the mazayas when I head for my charcoal shelf.

I definitely prefer coconaras but whenever I was on a budget I'd buy lemonwood coals because they were cheap and one bag lasted a really long time.

Sent from my HTC One V using Hookah.org mobile app

For Nak and blackleaf I use coco nara or chronic, for tangiers or Miso I use Jap coals or exotica.

ed

cocoultimates for me. I've tried the golden canary but I find them a bit inconvenient, having to light a new round after 10-15 minutes and they give off a funny taste imo. Any suggestions mustang?

I have always had excellent sessions with three kings quick lights. Never vets harsh and it produces great clouds

Sent from my HTCONE using Hookah.org mobile app

I switch between two depending on budget. CocoNara's when I have more to spend($9.99 for a box of 108). Starlight Coconut when I'm on a budget($3.99 for a box of 72)

Sent from my XT894 using Hookah.org mobile app

I like cocoultimates. Actually waiting for a shipment now cause I'm down to quick lights. Going back to those just flat out sucks. But whatever. If I wanna smoke this weekend..... Quick lights it is.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Hookah.org mobile app

I pretty much stick to coco nara simply because its the easiest to find in Canada. But I also like Coco Mazayas which are basically the same thing just cube shaped instead of flat.

Anyone ever hear of zebra coals? I got a box of 72 coals for something like $6. They're cube coals but they're pretty big... Almost the size of 2 coco naras stacked. I'll give em a try once I finish my coals I already have opened.

Zebra coals sound interesting.

I like Coco Naras the best.

I will use whatever quick lights I can find when I’m traveling though.

I'd try zebra coals at least once.

I carry a blow torch or my portable coil burner with me when I travel so I can start my naturals. That is how much I dislike using quick lights

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

Yea I'm looking forward to trying them. I always enjoy trying new things. But I'm with you about the quick lights. I can't even remember the last time I used them.

I feel like the cheap one here. I buy quick light coals exclusively.

Deezer or Rosetta

I don't think it's about cheapness, it's about preference. S::)

I just got my box of Coco Jamra and I can't wait to try them tonight. Their density feels just as heavy as the Social Smoke coals, they are definitely bigger, but not perfect cubes. All the ones I've checked out so far have an imperfection on one of the sides or one side shorter than the other, however they definitely don't have the look and feel of coco naras or Social Smoke coco coals.

I'll make sure to let you know how they work tonight and how long it takes them to light up as well as duration of the session.

I just finished my first box of coco jamras. I liked them a lot. They definitely had a dense feel to rhem

So far so good. I also think they are burning hotter than coco naras or social smoke coco coals. Good thing i decided to start only with two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone else save a couple coals from boxes for an emergency stash? Or am I the only one who does that?

I have a box where I place a couple coals from every box I buy.

Does anyone else save a couple coals from boxes for an emergency stash? Or am I the only one who does that?

I have a box where I place a couple coals from every box I buy.

I usually have four rolls of three kings quick lights just for emergencies. I never thought of saving them from the actual box. Maybe i should do that. Twice now i have run out of natural coals while i wait for my order to get here. Bat timing i guess. Good thing i keep the quick lights handy :)

I usually have four rolls of three kings quick lights just for emergencies. I never thought of saving them from the actual box. Maybe i should do that. Twice now i have run out of natural coals while i wait for my order to get here. Bat timing i guess. Good thing i keep the quick lights handy :)

I have a box of starlight bamboo coals I keep for real emergencies. The store owner have me a box after I bought a lot of stuff for free. They are good but aren't my first choice to use.