Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Whoswho

Lazy Days - Newport News, VA

Guest Whoswho

One of the few Hookah lounges in the Tidewater area. Very popular, which makes finding a seat harder than finding a needle in a haystack. they usually have their selection from three brands, hookah-hookah, to Starbuzz, to tangiers.

The service is quite nice. The prices range though....depending on how many people you have. I dropped 80 bucks one night for 2 hookahs, and a few gatorades. for that price could have bought my own hookah.

Guest Bsw9090

Just an update on Lazy Dayz. I went there from January through May in 2009. They have added a new brand, they now have AF, hookah hookah, starbuzz, and tangiers. They range from like either $5 or $8 to $18 (for tangiers).

BUT you have to buy a drink. And they dont charge per the amount of people anymore. Also they give free coals every 15 mins on every hookah in the store.. And like whoswho said, it is very hard finding a seat in there now. If anything it got worse, I used to get there before they opened up and go in(although I knew everyone and knew the owner so they let me in...) But I've kept up with them and they are doing great and have changed several things throughout the store and have a great selection of hookahs and flavors.

I don't officially work for Lazy Dayz anymore so I suppose I can give my unbiased review.

General Manager from 12/2010-08/2011

District Manager from 08/2011-02/2012

Lazy Dayz is expanding to their fourth location in Richmond, VA in 3 months. There is a lounge in Newport News, a retail store in Newport News, and a lounge in Norfolk. This lounge has changed a lot since it first opened with an emphasis on customer service. The menu includes Al-Fakher, Starbuzz, and Tangiers with over +50 flavors to choose from. The prices range anywhere from $6.75-$18.75 for a hookah based on what you get. Tangiers is $15.75 though, not $18. Everyone is required to buy a bottled beverage as a cover charge and a way to keep people hydrated. The lounge has a Mixer of the Week every week for a discounted price and has various events that go on throughout the month. They used to have an Open Mic but it has fizzled out for now. They have also had a few live bands come through and play.

The seating is mostly leather couches with a few square tables. Seating IS hard to find because it is a very popular spot. It isn't surprising to find a 30 person wait list. The music is a mix between rap, hip hop, alternative, indie rock, and dubstep. The lighting is low-lit. They have an offering of board games to pick from and play. Health code prevents them from using a coil-burner so quick-lights are used. They use Mya Pineapples for the lounge hookahs with Social Smoke bowls and Mya Regular hoses.

Their retail selection includes Social Smoke, Starbuzz, Tangiers, Fantasia, Shiazo Steam Stones, Nakhla (+Mizo and Sheherezade), Al-Fakher (+Golden). Used to carry Romman and Hookah-hookah but not anymore. Hookahs include Myas, Sahara Smokes, KM's, and Regal Hookahs. Carries the whole gambit of accessories from light-up bases to tarbooshes to tongs to hose adapters.

Would you be willing to write a more in depth (few paragraphs more and pictures) review to put it on the wiki section of the site?