Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vkjr

HookahMixes app. Your shisha mixes collection.

Question

Hi All!

Nima allowed me to introduce my new mobile application for hookah fans (Android for now).

I smoke hookah every day and all the time have the same problem. I don't know what shisha or mix to choose because most of them I already tired of. So I decided to gather big mixes database all around the internet and put it into convenient application. And it seems I succeeded.

Here is a short official description:

-------------------------------------------------

HookahMixes offers recipes of tasty shisha mixes to experienced hookah fans in an attractive and convenient mobile application.

Features:

- Search for mixes in the database of 700+ recipes

- Rate mixes after trying them

- Add mixes to Favorites

- Keep a list of available tobacco flavors

- Use visual diagrams of mixes

- Enjoy the application’s nice design

- Use popular tobacco flavors, such as Al Fakher and Nakhla

- Languages: Russian, English

-------------------------------------------------

Here is the link to HookahMixes in Google Play.

Please feel free to ask any questions!

Vkjr, already downloaded your app and started playing with it... looks pretty well done.

We have a lot of android users here too. I'm sure they'll leave their feedback pretty soon :)

Are you accepting shisha recipes? I have around 60 to contribute

Wow, thats impressive!

Yes, I'd be glad to expand existing collection, especially with other brand recipes. And would be very grateful to contributors. But of course you have to understand that if recipes aren't for Al Fakher, they will be put in a paid books. From my side, I can create a "Credits" record in the mix decription and put there your name and link to your site. :)

Great app, nice idea. Im a devoted smoker myself. It would be lovely to add some social features to the app too. Like voting on what to smoke next and electing a favorite mix within a group of friends.

Sent from my GSmart GS202+ using Hookah.org mobile app

Thanks. Yes, social stuff would be great but this is really a lot of work so doesn't fit first version. Hope will be able to add this later.

Version 1.1 released.

Now you can filter mixes list to find the recipes with desired flavors. No more spending time on visual search!

got the update notification on my phone today. havent updated yet. Will do now

I've been following this app since I heard about it on twitter(before it was released) and with much anticipation I downloaded it the day it came out. I really love where you're going with this and can't wait to see what you do with it. Also, I'm sure tons of people will love you for including tangiers in there haha

Cool! Waiting for love because Tangiers is already there :)

Also I took into account price complaints that were in review and since today the app become free and ad-supported. All who paid for Nakhla will never see the ad of course :)

So overall changes in version 1.2:

- Tangiers mixes added

- Nakhla is free now

- "share" button appeared on mix detail page. (feel free to post mixes on twitter, fb, etc.)

- advertise blocks added and of course you can disable them by donating $0.99 :)

- design changed a bit

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562[/ATTACH]

I am already showing it to all my friends, they love it. The next step is to make it a bit more visual, by adding pictures of the tobacco boxes. Greetings.

Sent from my GSmart GS202+ using Hookah.org mobile app

I suspect that using pictures of tobacco boxes can be treated as copyright violations. Also Google is very negative about tobacco and alcohol ad. Should check this.

Yea adsense will ban your account if you use it on anything that is tobacco or alcohol related so be very careful with. I'm sure if you contacted the shisha companies they might allow you to use product images.

But honestly they don't own the photos of their products other than the ones they take themselves.

yea, a good way to monetize your app would be to sell advertising to hookah companies or use affiliate links. For example if someone likes a particular flavor, suggest where to buy it from and give them a coupon code for it. The coupon code would connect that sale to your affiliate account of course

yea, a good way to monetize your app would be to sell advertising to hookah companies or use affiliate links. For example if someone likes a particular flavor, suggest where to buy it from and give them a coupon code for it. The coupon code would connect that sale to your affiliate account of course

I was thinking about this also. Have to contact Google play support. I'm not sure they feel the difference between prohibited tobacco ad and tobacco store ad.