Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Are you guys on Instagram

I'm debating whether to start an Instagram account for our website. How many of you guys are there on Instagram?

I started one up and found it extremely easy to gain followers simply by actively posting pictures and using hashtags like #hookah #shisha and tagging brands where appropriate, like if the picture has one of their products in it or something. I would say it's worth it but it is highly saturated and hard too stand out from all the other hookah people. Cool community though for sure.

My username is @thehookahhooligan if you want to steal my followers or find other people to follow. =)

I started one up and found it extremely easy to gain followers simply by actively posting pictures and using hashtags like #hookah #shisha and tagging brands where appropriate, like if the picture has one of their products in it or something. I would say it's worth it but it is highly saturated and hard too stand out from all the other hookah people. Cool community though for sure.

My username is @thehookahhooligan if you want to steal my followers or find other people to follow. =)

Do you think it can help bring new forum members to our site?

Do you think it can help bring new forum members to our site?

Sure thats definitely possible. A lot of people are loyal to the major hookah forums but I'm sure you can still find some people. I mean, you found me! haha

you what we can do is hold a contest to jump start this instagram account. hold and hookah picture contest and all pics go to the sites instagram account. winner gets something

Yea theres always tons of contests going on over there. Look up the @HookahAddicition people they constantly have really good contests going, you can get an idea of how it works and stuff.

So how does it work? We'd have a folder for Hookah.org and people can publicly submit pictures to it?

I have to first spend a week or so on Instagram to figure out how it works. Do you have to sign up through a phone (not online)?

Yea you have to sign up with a phone but once you sign up you can do everything online except post pictures. Unless someone has made a program for that that I don't know about yet. And if there was a program, I would know about it hahaha

It's pretty simple to use, just post pictures and follow other people and stuff.

ok got it. So people post pictures only through their phone (and therefore more real pictures than save pictures from another site and post it)

That's the gyst I got. Nima if you want maybe I could run the instagram account.I know have the facebook page and the site and then the others you have

Sent from my HTCONE using Hookah.org mobile app

I don't use it. Never had a reason to.

I have a Photobucket account, but I have not been in that one for years, right about the time I stopped using MySpace

ok got it. So people post pictures only through their phone (and therefore more real pictures than save pictures from another site and post it)

Yupp. But you can always save pictures to your phone from the web and upload them that way, I do it all the time.

I have an Instagram! It's "cloud9hookah".

Now, to use Instagram effectively Nima, you NEED to hold that photo contest through Instagram! How you get followers is A.) By posting some interesting stuff, whether it be original or saved photos and hashtagging popular hashtags #hookah #tangiers #socialsmoke #shisha #lounge #chill, and B.) by searching for specific hashtags yourself, and scrolling down and liking all the photos that pop up and maybe even following people. That way, if you search #hookah, and start following and liking all these hookah pictures on Instagram, people will reciprocate because of the mutual interest.

Secondly, once you have a moderate amount of followers, which shouldn't be too hard (100 or so), you can put out a jpg of contest details such as "Hookah.org is giving away a free $50 gift certificate to Social Smoke... whoever reposts this photo and gets the most likes by December 1st wins! Just repost with the hashtag #hookahorgcontest and tag us back in it @hookahorg"

^ Example. People will do a lot of free marketing for the prospect of free stuff. For us, it doesn't help that much since on Instagram anybody can follow us, not just local customers. But for a forum, it'd be great.

Oh, the reason this contest should happen over Instagram is because the amount of reach you can get by asking someone to repost on their own account could be very valuable. Then once you've gotten a nice following, you can promote the heck out of the website and keep people in the loops about contests happening here. Of course, you'll have a place for a description before your photos so everyone will know where to go for it.

I have a ig page and I love it you should start one up great way to bring people to out form @travon add me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have an Instagram! It's "cloud9hookah".

Now, to use Instagram effectively Nima, you NEED to hold that photo contest through Instagram! How you get followers is A.) By posting some interesting stuff, whether it be original or saved photos and hashtagging popular hashtags #hookah #tangiers #socialsmoke #shisha #lounge #chill, and B.) by searching for specific hashtags yourself, and scrolling down and liking all the photos that pop up and maybe even following people. That way, if you search #hookah, and start following and liking all these hookah pictures on Instagram, people will reciprocate because of the mutual interest.

Secondly, once you have a moderate amount of followers, which shouldn't be too hard (100 or so), you can put out a jpg of contest details such as "Hookah.org is giving away a free $50 gift certificate to Social Smoke... whoever reposts this photo and gets the most likes by December 1st wins! Just repost with the hashtag #hookahorgcontest and tag us back in it @hookahorg"

^ Example. People will do a lot of free marketing for the prospect of free stuff. For us, it doesn't help that much since on Instagram anybody can follow us, not just local customers. But for a forum, it'd be great.

T

Thanks man. I'll get on it this weekend.

I have a ig page and I love it you should start one up great way to bring people to out form @travon add me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Will add you too