Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Elektrobot

Another Newbie

Guest Elektrobot

Hey everyone

Thanks for all the good info on this forum. Its great to be able to read so much info, especially since I don't have any local hookah resources.

I have smoked a hookah about 10 times in the past 4 years or so, so pretty much the only thing I know about them is that I like it, and you've gotta put ice in the water. I'm a natural pyro, so getting the coal right is no biggie- plenty of experience there. I usually smoke cigars, and have an extensive collection- they are my indulgence I guess, along with wine.....and well, about a dozen other things. Now that I think about it, I indulge a lot :) My wife and I have decided it would be fun to have a hookah around since its not much fun for her when I go off by myself to have a cigar for an hour. She sometimes likes the occasional clove cigarette- Djarum unfiltered when we can find them.

Hookah sounds like a nice relaxing smoke we can have together while watching tv or just talking in the living room.

Any recommendations about what hookah pipe to buy would be great! I think the only thing I'm sure we want is something with a WIDE base- yes, I am that clumsy.

Thanks again for all the great info, and I look forward to getting a hookah soon and sharing our experience with it.

Guest vincent09

Hey, Welcome to the forum!

Want to send me some cigars? ;)

How much are you looking to spend on a hookah?

Guest Elektrobot

I'm always up to sharing cigars...its what I do :)

As far as price for my first hookah, I haven't really thought about it- guess it depends on how much I like it.

Hey! Welcome to the forum! I love cigars too. Which is your absolute favorite? For me, the question is easy, Ashton VSG. Most people have a hard time picking a favorite though. So...I'm just curious lol.

Hookah is very relaxing and very social. And it smells great too. The real bonus, as you have pointed out, is that girls tend to like it too! I've seen very few girls smoke cigars...

Guest vincent09

I just got into cigars, looking to try some. =)

Guest Elektrobot
Hey! Welcome to the forum! I love cigars too. Which is your absolute favorite? For me, the question is easy, Ashton VSG. Most people have a hard time picking a favorite though. So...I'm just curious lol.

Hookah is very relaxing and very social. And it smells great too. The real bonus, as you have pointed out, is that girls tend to like it too! I've seen very few girls smoke cigars...

VSG are definitely in my top 10, my other favorites are Tatuaje, Illusione, Don Pepin Serie JJ and the new Joya de Nicaragua Serie C are surprisingly good- though I don't care much for their other lines. And of course I hoard any of the rare Fuente releases that I can get my hands on. I keep a pretty large cabinet style humidor, and I'm really more of a collector than a smoker. I'll average about 1-2 cigars a week- more when the weather is nice. I would love to enjoy a cigar everyday, but time and weather don't always allow that. I'm really looking forward to smoking it up when I retire in about 80 years :)

Guest Elektrobot
I just got into cigars, looking to try some. =)

What have you tried and liked? Do you keep a humidor, or do you smoke them fresh from the cigar store?

Guest vincent09

I've tried a few that weren't bad, unfortunately i can't remember the names. But one that I do remember was Acid. I didn't want that thing to end. lol

I'm looking into buying a humidor soon, but I currently do not have one.

Guest Elektrobot
I've tried a few that weren't bad, unfortunately i can't remember the names. But one that I do remember was Acid. I didn't want that thing to end. lol

I'm looking into buying a humidor soon, but I currently do not have one.

If you ever do get a humidor.....don't keep Acid or any other flavored or "infused" cigars in it, it will ruin all the

non-flavored cigars. Cigars are like a smell sponge, and they will taste like anything pungent that you store with them.

lol They realy are like a smell sponge. That was a pretty good analogy.

I'm not a huge fan of Acid cigars, but that is because they are "flavored". As far as flavored cigars go though, they make the best quality cigar in my opinion.

I'm alot like you. I don't really smoke that often either. Add all up, since last fall ended, I don't even know if I have averaged one a week. I would like to smoke more, but it is darn cold here in the winter to smoke. I do smoke a cigar almost every day in the spring and fall though. I smoke alot in summer too, but not quite as much since it can get boiling lava hot here.

You named some good cigars! I'm also a huuge face of Avo Maduro and Avo XO, the latter especially. I also like the giat, beasts of a cigar that La Gloria makes, but I usually don't have 2+ hours to spend smoking a cigar lol. The smaller ones just don't tast the same. I also really like the Vintage 1997 Macanudos.

I'm dead sick, but I really want to smoke a cigar now lol.

I am so lost here, but anyway, welcome to the forum, and I see that you have already made some friends, haha.

Enjoy.