Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rcavalier86

Bad hookah experience

I just smoked starbuzz for the first time. (Blue mist) I noticed that after about 15min of smoking that I was getting a little light headed. That's odd for me being that I am a pretty frequent smoker. Then I noticed that my heart rate was starting to speed up. I immediately assumed it was the tobacco because this was the first time I tried starbuzz. Now I'm smoking fantasia as usual and I'm feeling fine... any input on similar reactions to starbuzz?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Hookah.org mobile app

Starbuzz and Fantasia have pretty similar nicotine levels. Almost non-existent. But what you're describing is very similar to nicotine sickness, or at least the beginning of it. Were you smoking it faster or more heavily than usual or anything like that? If it keeps happening I would see a doctor for a check up and a blood pressure check just to be safe.

I hope you figure it out!

No I wasn't smoking it any different than I ever do. Even after I filled my bowl with fantasia right after, I was feeling fine.. you say they have almost the same nicotine levels, but I've never felt like that smoking anything else.. weird!

I have had a similar experience with Starbuzz.

Of all the other brands I have tried, Starbuzz seemed to have a strong undersmell to it (if that makes any sense). I was very potent to the nose. When I actually smoked it, I got more harshness than flavor. And the really bad lightheadedness.

I have since stopped using the brand.

I wonder if this is because starbuzz might be more heat sensitive than fantasia. If you try it again I would attempt using less heat. If you're getting harshness then it's not because of the tobacco, it's almost always because of heat management.

I am on another forum and something similar happened to this person except they passed out.

Stop smoking it. It could be a bad batch. Ill try to dig up that thread before where I saw it and post what was said. If i can.

Dont forget to eat and drink!! - which im sure you do!

I had the same thing i did pass out but I do have syncope so that could be unrelated. I have smoked the same batch of starbuzz since and was fine. I think it was because i was dehydrated.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Hookah.org mobile app

I generally smoke starbuzz, mostly just to broke to get more expensive stuff, but i haven't had an issue being light headed sense i first started smoking. But i never had an issue with my heart rate.

The worst experience I've ever had with hookah was smoking fantasia and i wasn't drinking and got pretty badly dehydrated but that was mostly just feeling sick

I dont remember what i was smoking but i went from a hookah bar back to a friends house and smoked some more. So a good few hours of smoking. I thought i was drinking enough water but my the end of the night i had a splitting headache and threw up.

Sent from my C5155 using Hookah.org mobile app