Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

Social smoke golden apple with about the last of fumari papaya. Pretty darn good. I like how this apple is like green apple candy tangiers. I believe ss got their hands on tangiers horchata mimon and green apple prior to releasing those flavors and were like "yep this is what our line needs" nonetheless they rocked them.

• Like 1

Finishing up a bowl of social smoke arctic lemon. I've reverted back to my harmony bowl and lotus combo, I'm packing it lower and less dense so I'm not using as much tobacco. Works great so far.

Also my package from h-s is here so once I pick that up tomorrow I'll have a bunch new stuff including my shika whoo!

• Like 1

I was going to have a bowl of Argelini mint to try it out but decided to instead have a bowl of Hookafina double apple with the new titanium cubes just to see if it changes the flavor or anything. WOW those coals take a long ass time to heat up. At maximum heat on the burner it took them 22 minutes to fully glow. They are so huge that I was afraid to use more than one, so I heated up two and I'm trying it out now. I put the coals on the bowl at 12:34, so I'm going to see how long they last. 

• Like 1

dd0723 - not lame!  Seriously, with an apple corer and watching a few Hookah Boss youtube vids, it is pretty easy.  Also, I have never been comfortable using the steel wool or whatever stuff Hookah Boss uses as his bowl filter, so I use a piece of foil.  I cut it to fit inside the bowl, and perforate the hell out of it so there is no draw restriction.  It basically turns the fruit bowl into an Egyptian style bowl, you will get a bit of drainage on typical moassel/tobamel, but with Nakhla, you gotsta pay for da extra juicy...  Only available in major bulk, and those plastic tubs, right?

plus, the new flavors are AWESOME.  My daft Irish friend doubted my apple-coring ways, and said I couldn't make a bowl out of a banana.  So I made this in less than 5 minutes with the aluminum screen under the moassel/tobamel method I mention above: 

bananabowl_zpsldlunayn.jpg

Wow you are really talented! I like what you did there, and I totally agree with you about not using the steel wool at the base of the fruit bowl. I do like your idea much better. 

Maybe I'll try an apple bowl this weekend. Have you notice if having a fruit bowl changes the flavor of the shisha for you or it doesn't make any difference? 

• Like 2

Been on a AF grapemint kick been smoking that mostly the last week or 2

I go on tangents as well and just smoke one flavor for as long as I have it. 

Finishing up a bowl of social smoke arctic lemon. I've reverted back to my harmony bowl and lotus combo, I'm packing it lower and less dense so I'm not using as much tobacco. Works great so far.

Also my package from h-s is here so once I pick that up tomorrow I'll have a bunch new stuff including my shika whoo!

Party at Jen's hose as soon as she picks up the Shika! 

• Like 2

Steel wool shouldn't contain anything weird - it should be simple steel extrusion and nothing else.  That being said, who knows what the faceless entities of the world add to things.  I'd argue that aluminum is probably a better choice though, anyway.  Those fruit bowls look very cool guys.

I'm plowing through some work tonight, getting ready to fire up a bowl of Tangiers Mint.  I've got some herbal shisha I need to get to, but I've just not been in the mindset to try anything new.  Meh.  I'll get to it.  Maybe tomorrow night.

Edited by TheEightyFour
  • Like 2

As far as the fruit bowls imparting a flavor, I must definitely admit that once the charcoals start baking the fruit, the flavors that mix from the fruit of the bowl into the moassel/tobamel is just amazing... I was smoking HAZE bananarama through the banana bowl, and if you've had bananarama you know its more of a candied banana flavor, but smoking it through a banana is awesome because you get some real banana flavors with it...  I highly recommend it!!  

Thanks for all the nice comments, all!!

• Like 1

Smoking Tangiers Noir Cactus fruit. Was fragrant fresh out of the bag so I loaded a small bowl without acclimating. DELICIOUS. Can't wait to taste it after its been acclimating overnight.

• Like 1

As far as the fruit bowls imparting a flavor, I must definitely admit that once the charcoals start baking the fruit, the flavors that mix from the fruit of the bowl into the moassel/tobamel is just amazing... I was smoking HAZE bananarama through the banana bowl, and if you've had bananarama you know its more of a candied banana flavor, but smoking it through a banana is awesome because you get some real banana flavors with it...  I highly recommend it!!  

Thanks for all the nice comments, all!!

I"m sold! LOL I'm picking up some apples today. 

• Like 2

Smoking Tangiers Noir Cactus fruit. Was fragrant fresh out of the bag so I loaded a small bowl without acclimating. DELICIOUS. Can't wait to taste it after its been acclimating overnight.

Just the name alone sounds delicious. Never heard of anybody here smoking that flavor of Tangiers. So I take it that you would definitely buy it again? 

Thank you for sharing this with us. 

• Like 2

So I must mention that using the Titanium cubes was a MUCH different experience than I had with the flats. I'm still waiting for the headache to come but it hasn't happen yet. Also the coals didn't crack under high heat like the flats did. This is a MUCH better coal than the flats, at least in my experience. They are very long lasting, just as long as the Exotica coals. They are not as hot as the exotica but they get the job done. Where I would use 6 or even 9 pieces on a bowl, with the cubes I only used 4 with the same results. I'm pleased and I think I can buy these on a regular basis as long as I don't get the headache in the next few hours. The cubes are soooooooooo large and last so long that I can see how only a 72 piece box will last me a very long while.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I go on tangents as well and just smoke one flavor for as long as I have it.

i usually do that all the time but i will buy the same flavour over and over and over again until i get tires. I almost usually have 1 maybe two flavours on hand except cane mint ill get that anytime i can and smoke the hell out of it. Its soooooooooooooo good =)
  • Like 1

So I must mention that using the Titanium cubes was a MUCH different experience than I had with the flats. I'm still waiting for the headache to come but it hasn't happen yet. Also the coals didn't crack under high heat like the flats did. This is a MUCH better coal than the flats, at least in my experience. They are very long lasting, just as long as the Exotica coals. They are not as hot as the exotica but they get the job done. Where I would use 6 or even 9 pieces on a bowl, with the cubes I only used 4 with the same results. I'm pleased and I think I can buy these on a regular basis as long as I don't get the headache in the next few hours. The cubes are soooooooooo large and last so long that I can see how only a 72 piece box will last me a very long while.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

How would you say you like the Exoticas? I just got a bunch but haven't gotten a chance to dig into them yet. Not really used to finger style coals, my last ones were round and pissed me off because they would roll around

post-9263-0-14210600-1433943922_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Just the name alone sounds delicious. Never heard of anybody here smoking that flavor of Tangiers. So I take it that you would definitely buy it again?

Thank you for sharing this with us.

It's a special edition flavor! You can order it on H-S. I also got cocoa and horchata. The cocoa flavor smells like nesquick
  • Like 2

sinna-mint. mix from sin city lol

basic but great

standard egy bowl

mizo mint base

social smoke cinnamon roll

add ice and cardamom to the vase.

huge winner when its hotter than hell outside

• Like 1

Got my h-s order today. I got hella taxed. $280 bucks :(

I misread the card they left me to tell me to pick it up, I thought it said $28 until I got to the post office and was corrected. I'm so bummed but at least I have my stuff.

Waiting for my migraine to subside and then I'm gonna start up some what a mint in the new shika

• Like 1

Generic Phunnel

5 Cents a Cup (overpacked)

Titanium Coals

Ice in my ice bucket of my Fifa

Sipping some country time lemonade along side it.

And damn HH, that sounds harsh. Was the tax 280 or was the order 280???

• Like 1

How would you say you like the Exoticas? I just got a bunch but haven't gotten a chance to dig into them yet. Not really used to finger style coals, my last ones were round and pissed me off because they would roll around

Holy crap where did you get so many different boxes of coals?? LOL 

I would swear by the exotica coals. They are better than anything else I've tried execpt for the Al Fakher ones. The finger style can be a bit of a pain because they are scored and and each finger has to be split 3 times to get 4 pieces but it's worth it, at least to me. I only need 2 pieces on a bowl and they last a solid hour and a half. These titanium cubes are definitely giving the exoticas a run for their money, but exotica is wining in the less smell department. 

• Like 1

Got my h-s order today. I got hella taxed. $280 bucks :(

I misread the card they left me to tell me to pick it up, I thought it said $28 until I got to the post office and was corrected. I'm so bummed but at least I have my stuff.

Waiting for my migraine to subside and then I'm gonna start up some what a mint in the new shika

Wow that's A LOT of money. Freaking highway robbery. 

• Like 1

Having a bowl of Argelini watermelon mint and it's truly delicious. It's very light on the mint, but the watermelon flavor is right on point and not candied at all.

As far as juiciness, we definitely have a winner. This is the wettest and juiciest shisha I've ever encountered in all my time smoking. Fumari doesn't hold a candle to Argelini. The packaging is similar to Nakhla where it's in a sealed pouch and the tobacco inside another bag. When I opened the first bag there was so much juice in there that I flipped the bag and emptied the liquid on the container. I wanted to take some pictures but both my hands were literally dripping with juices. Needless to say that I'm using the funnel and only the funnel bowl with this shisha. 

post-9346-0-80891700-1433995850_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Generic Phunnel

5 Cents a Cup (overpacked)

Titanium Coals

Ice in my ice bucket of my Fifa

Sipping some country time lemonade along side it.

And damn HH, that sounds harsh. Was the tax 280 or was the order 280???

About to smoke some grapemint and HH man thats is ridiculous

Wow that's A LOT of money. Freaking highway robbery.

Yea its bad up here. And no, that is in addition to the cost of the order. Thankfully I didn't pay full price but still, those taxes are more than what the stuff even costs. Ugh.

• Like 1

I should add about these Titanium cubes that I did NOT get a headache so it's a win-win for me. Good coals that last a long time and I don't really have to manage a lot except for rotating them at the 45 minute mark. They are just as good as the exotica coals I love so much. 

• Like 3