Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

Smoking some Starbuzz Pink with Starbuzz Lady in Red.

Trying out hookahjohn's cube coals too.

So far so good

attachicon.gif

Those coals look fantastic.

• Like 1

Those coals look fantastic.

Yeah they are huge!

They ash a lot less than my other coals my local shop sells too.

Unfortunately I went to rotate one and it split down the middle but you know.. Hookah problems lol

• Like 2

That's a happy hookah, haha. What'd you use to light the coals? It's a struggle for me to light mine on a stove, but I have a feeling they're cheap also. I dunno what brand... Just that they were sorta blood cell shaped.

• Like 2

That's a happy hookah, haha. What'd you use to light the coals? It's a struggle for me to light mine on a stove, but I have a feeling they're cheap also. I dunno what brand... Just that they were sorta blood cell shaped.

I use a small coil coal burner.

Blood cell shaped sounds like quick lights..

If not, maybe try putting some foil around/over the coals when you're heating them to keep the heat directed at the coal more and it may help.

• Like 3

Smoking something. I don't know what because I didn't write on the containers but it's either something hookafina or something argelini. I don't care, it tastes awesome. It might be argelini grapefruit.

• Like 3

Just got done with a brilliant session of Haze Subzero. Definitely going into my permanent rotation.

What's that taste like? Always been curious. I had iceberg and it freaking sucked. It ruined all haze mint flavors for me except carnival nights. That flavor is in its own category.

What's that taste like? Always been curious. I had iceberg and it freaking sucked. It ruined all haze mint flavors for me except carnival nights. That flavor is in its own category.

ive tried it and i do not like it. So far haze has not in anyway proven to me they have good flavours.

It has a slight floral taste to it, I was not able to put my finger on it but after looking around I have to agree that it is a lavender. The mint side is refreshing with just the right amount of menthol cooling. It is not a super overpowering mint but it is refreshingly cooling and smooth. I have never tried Iceburg, but Subzero is doing it for me. 

ive tried it and i do not like it. So far haze has not in anyway proven to me they have good flavours.

5 Cents a Cup and their Banarama mixed with their Spiced Chai is delicious.

I'm not happy, and this sahara vortex refuses to break. Seriously I've dropped it twice already and now it has two chips on it. I have to say that thing is durable as hell. I'm not happy because it bounced off my big left toe AND it was already packed BEFORE I added the foil to it. GRRRRR. At least is not a great big loss because the bowl I was packing was of crap I didn't like like the AF kiwi and hookafina peach. So after I loaded the bowl with AF kiwi I dropped it on my big toe. Red shisha everywhere and my girl thought I cut my toe. THAT was funny. 

So I loaded the last bit of kiwi and the rest of the bowl is made up from the peach flavor. 

I have to say that lately I have not been enjoying smoking out of the vortex though. Something happened to it after I did the oxiclean and boiling water deep cleaning and it just doesn't pull like it used to. not only that but after the deep cleaning now the charred area is getting worse and it seems caked on much worse than it used to. I dunno, maybe is just me. I think is time to get some new bowls. 

Lastly and more importantly. I was on instagram and saw a post for the king shisha and I decided to see what the review was about. It was two guys talking in Spanish and they gave it a 10 and a 9 out of 10, so I started to pay attention to find out if they were high on drugs or something. So after really paying attention to the video, I noticed that their apple looks totally different than the apple I have, and I mean TOTALLY different. So I decided to open the other bag of apple and just let it acclimate after I patted the hell out of it with paper towels. Right now it's in a container and I'm just letting it sit there to see if the molasses flavor goes away...some. 

Now here's the important part and I think I'm going to email Nima about it. I posted a picture of it on instagram as I do every time I'm going to smoke something and the guy from The King Shisha sent me a private message saying that he saw my review and was sorry that I didn't like it. He also said that they re-did their brand and he's interested in sending me 9 containers of their new flavors for me to review and all I have to do is pay for the shipping and handling. 

What do you guys think? should I take a chance again? I mean I didn't like both flavors I got from him back in december, but this new one looks totally different than what I have and is MUCH dryer. 

What say YOU?

post-9346-0-70988800-1435985459_thumb.jp

Edited by dd0723
  • Like 1

I say if the shipping and handling isn't painful, give it a shot. It could work out well, and if not, you could always regift or something!

• Like 2

I say if the shipping and handling isn't painful, give it a shot. It could work out well, and if not, you could always regift or something!

yeah I was thinking about that, but if it's bad i would feel horrible letting somebody else smoke it. 

Tonight was bittersweet...

I got to go smoke with 3 friends of mine, the most I usually smoke with, and it was rare to have all these cats together in the same place at the same time...  That was chill...  We smoked Fumari Spiced Chai in an orange bowl on my KM Dark Prince...  Delicious...

Then I get to the truck to go home, and the back window was opened all the way, and the passenger door was open...  I locked my doors, I always do...  I check my truck, it's been rifled through, and some mother F***** stole my longboard I built, a nickel board with dope wheels, and a longboard deck I was chopping for a friend... Also took my skate tool... so flippin' low... It seems I get robbed once a year these days... I dont care for it...  So far, in the last two years, I've lost just about $1,000.00 worth of gear...  Most of it skate-related... lame...

I guess I finish up my big bacon longboard, and get crackin' on cutting up and gluing a few new boards... The deck is cheap and easy for me to make, but the hardware and wheels are all name brand, and not cheap...  

Sorry, just a little pissed.

• Like 3

yeah I was thinking about that, but if it's bad i would feel horrible letting somebody else smoke it. 

I think you should try it, they obviously think they have done enough to change your mind. Plus if you don't like any I'll take it off your hands :P

• Like 3

My Egyptian "Pharaoh" 2-hose hookah arrived in the mail, with basic accessories and Cobra hoses. It's doing really well, but I'll have to work with it a bit to get a better seal. Overall impressed and happy enough. The bowl I got seems a bit ugly in that it's got some dents/chunks around the rimming and whatnot from its baking and glazing (guessably). It seems to smoke fine though. I wanted to try this Caramel Cappucino. It smells great, but can be a bit strong/overpowering at times. Enjoying the Coconara coals I got. WAY less ashing than the QLs, haha. Now excited to try all sorts of flavours. : ) Happy 4th from Illinois!

• Like 2

Tonight was bittersweet...

I got to go smoke with 3 friends of mine, the most I usually smoke with, and it was rare to have all these cats together in the same place at the same time... That was chill... We smoked Fumari Spiced Chai in an orange bowl on my KM Dark Prince... Delicious...

Then I get to the truck to go home, and the back window was opened all the way, and the passenger door was open... I locked my doors, I always do... I check my truck, it's been rifled through, and some mother F***** stole my longboard I built, a nickel board with dope wheels, and a longboard deck I was chopping for a friend... Also took my skate tool... so flippin' low... It seems I get robbed once a year these days... I dont care for it... So far, in the last two years, I've lost just about $1,000.00 worth of gear... Most of it skate-related... lame...

I guess I finish up my big bacon longboard, and get crackin' on cutting up and gluing a few new boards... The deck is cheap and easy for me to make, but the hardware and wheels are all name brand, and not cheap...

Sorry, just a little pissed.

Oh dude I'm so sorry to read this. It's never fun to see somebody steal something that you have worked so hard for. I feel your pain.

• Like 1

I think you should try it, they obviously think they have done enough to change your mind. Plus if you don't like any I'll take it off your hands :P

Lol. You are right. I'll let him know to send me the invoice for the shisha and I'll give it another go. He did say that he was going to send the 50 grams of the 9 new flavors. It seems he values the opinions on this forum very much so I'm willing to give it another chance only for the high hopes I have/had about the brand.

• Like 3

My Egyptian "Pharaoh" 2-hose hookah arrived in the mail, with basic accessories and Cobra hoses. It's doing really well, but I'll have to work with it a bit to get a better seal. Overall impressed and happy enough. The bowl I got seems a bit ugly in that it's got some dents/chunks around the rimming and whatnot from its baking and glazing (guessably). It seems to smoke fine though. I wanted to try this Caramel Cappucino. It smells great, but can be a bit strong/overpowering at times. Enjoying the Coconara coals I got. WAY less ashing than the QLs, haha. Now excited to try all sorts of flavours. : ) Happy 4th from Illinois!

Congrats on your new hookah! I have deduced that the pharaoh's bowls have some.... I don't want to say cosmetics issues but that seems to be the right words for it. They smoke fine but have a tendency to chip. I guess that's why I've seen them for $2.99. Again nothing wrong with them to smoke out. The website explains that during shipping sometimes they chip but are usable.

Post some pics of your new hookah so we can see the design. :)

• Like 2

happy 4th everybody. Having a bowl of Hookafina peach before I call it a night. Headed to the Jersey shore early tomorrow with the ball and chain and some friends. That should be fun *rolls eyes*. Have I mentioned I hate the jersey shore? no? ok now you know. 

On other news....

I really should play the lotto more often because if I have half the luck as i've been having with my hookah lifestyle then I would be a millionaire by now. I've seen to have won another contest. This time was for the gold Minzari crown contest held by hookahaddiction on instagram. If this time he sends out the price I'll be very ecstatic to finally try out the Minzari Crown. 

post-9346-0-59197500-1436075618_thumb.pn

• Like 4

happy 4th everybody. Having a bowl of Hookafina peach before I call it a night. Headed to the Jersey shore early tomorrow with the ball and chain and some friends. That should be fun *rolls eyes*. Have I mentioned I hate the jersey shore? no? ok now you know.

On other news....

I really should play the lotto more often because if I have half the luck as i've been having with my hookah lifestyle then I would be a millionaire by now. I've seen to have won another contest. This time was for the gold Minzari crown contest held by hookahaddiction on instagram. If this time he sends out the price I'll be very ecstatic to finally try out the Minzari Crown.

IMG_5962.PNG

I just scrolled past that, congrats dd! You should really play the lotto, couple bucks can't hurt with this lucky streak you're on!

• Like 2

Congrats on winning contests! I won some running/fitness tape in a contest once and was pretty stoked.

So, here's some images of what I've got going on. Sorry if they're gigantic. I cannot seem to find the feature that dd used to attach his image kinda small and clickable so it blew up (maybe that's mobile only?) Also, yes, it's on a filing cabinet, haha.

I REALLY like this base because it's a bit more sophisticated (imho) than some of the coloured glass ones you might run into. The only thing that's sorta peeving me is the grommet for the stem-bowl area. It's very tight, but not in the best sense. I can put it onto the stem so it's well secured and would form a nice seal with the bowl, but then I leave for 20 seconds and come back and the sucker has "rebounded" itself so that only half of it is on the stem-bowl junction part of the stem. This has led to my bowl falling off, but thank gods it was when there wasn't anything in it. It's only a matter of time before that happens I think though. -.-' The stem-base junction was loose and did the tilting stem, but it was easily fixable with the famous electrical tape hack.

4rtdut.png     33pexox.png

Hope no one is too hungover ;)

Edited by Eland
  • Like 3

My phone has been broken for over a week now, so I've been a little absent from the forums. I should have my new one on tuesday though =)

Thinking about setting up a bowl of fumari prickly pear. I havent smoked in about a week either lol

• Like 2