Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

My km is gonna be about 2 years old in a few months, my first hookah as well. Using it now while I smoke a blend of half nak DA, like 40% Bahraini, and 10% gold mint.I normally mix my tobacco up really well, I just went with split sections this time, I think I like these results better

I always advocate against premixes. The brands consistency becomes muddled that way and flavor loss is abundant. Same brand is all good but each and every time I have premixed it across brands it is never as tasty as sectioning or layering. A lot of lounges do it around me. I order it as a true mix and ask them to hit it once it's going.

Usually they'll say it's good but some of the lesser educated servers say I have no clue what I'm talking about and I must be new. Condescending is the new sarcasm lol

• Like 1

I always advocate against premixes. The brands consistency becomes muddled that way and flavor loss is abundant. Same brand is all good but each and every time I have premixed it across brands it is never as tasty as sectioning or layering. A lot of lounges do it around me. I order it as a true mix and ask them to hit it once it's going.

Usually they'll say it's good but some of the lesser educated servers say I have no clue what I'm talking about and I must be new. Condescending is the new sarcasm lol

I don't know much about best mixing results, but I'm surprised you said that considering that video of sarkas or whatever his name is, the dude at ISIS lounge hookahjohn went to, that dude mixed 5 different brands in one bowl and actually mixed the tobacco together, from my small experience I have to agree with you though, sectioning and layering have given me the best but I think sectioning is best. And if that's the way people act at lounges then I'm glad I don't go to any, I'd rather just do it myself and get better results than spend $20 on a lousy bowl

BTW, I'm smoking some AF vanilla right now, haven't had it in a long while, sealed the package up with boxing tape as well. And unfortunately its not going well, this hose needs to be cleaned out again soon

• Like 1

What's up guys, I haven't posted here in a while. I've been real busy. Work + gym leaves me too exhausted to do things sometimes. But I always find time to smoke so the past few weeks I've been dabbling with headquarters hookah tobacco. Just finished up a 250 of purple fog. It's like tang purple candy. It's very good. Also been getting some trifecta apple pie in there lol. Gotta have that. But lately I've been smoking a lot of tang. The weather is cooling down a bit, humidity is still an issue but so far tang has been treating me well. Finished up a 250 of birquq static starlight. Currently smoking some tang noir orange soda. I forgot how badly this flavor kicks my ass lol. Last time I smoked orange soda was when I first started smoking tangiers. Actually, it was the 2nd flavor I ever tried. So that was years ago. Thinking about picking up that red clay Harmony bowl to use as a kashmir peach exclusive bowl. The fall is when I get most of Tangiers smoking sessions in since I experience almost no acclimation issues.

Anyways, 3 cubettes in the lotus, fluff packed tang in a harmony. Going very well.

• Like 3

Can I get that brand in India ?

Sent from my XT1562 using Hookah.org mobile app

Anything by Khalil mamoon is a great start, most prices for them go for $100-$150. Just grab an extra washable hose with it and you're set, you can find cheap ones for $3, all online, shika is another great brand for a typically higher price point. Those are good places to start

Can I get that brand in India?

• Like 1

Can I get that brand in India ?

Can I get that brand in India?

I couldn't say, you should be able to, its one of the biggest brands in the world and it's Egyptian, so if even us guys in american can get it I think you should be able to as well, you may find them at local smoke shops, but if not I'm sure you can find a site online that will deliver to you

Smoking lavoo dark blend viceroy chai (excellent flavor) with al fakher golden Bahraini (even better flavor) and a base layer of fml red by pure.

Godly. Magnificent. Impeccable.

Actually using foil too... Shocker.

• Like 3

Sounds like a really interesting blend, and I'm glad you like the Bahraini, I had a feeling you might not be too into it since it has no green apple, I can't say much besides that flavor and eskandarani apple stand out from the gold line, but that's mostly because the rest are all the same flavors they offer just a bit different, and IMO, not as good as the original versions.. At any rate, this vanilla has been weird on me, I cant get it to smoke well by itself,seems weaker than I remember, maybe you were really onto something about AF having some flavor loss, its really apparent for me here, last time I had AF vanilla was the bagged version. But it's treating me well in this mix I'm doing, half nak da, hefty portion of Bahraini and smaller but still hefty bit of vanilla, split into portions this time. Good blend, I think I like the gum with mint in it better though, I'm no mixer but that was probably the best I came up with, the only one that's better which I didn't really come up with, was orange and grapefruit, and orange with mango. But still going well

Nakhla double apple with foil, going great right now, dense but not super dense and under the rim, these days anytime I smoke something without double apple in it I just end up wanting double apple, I just love this stuff, would mixing double apple with a fruit flavor like orange, grape, or grapefruit work? I want to try but I'm worried lol

• Like 1

Nakhla double apple with foil, going great right now, dense but not super dense and under the rim, these days anytime I smoke something without double apple in it I just end up wanting double apple, I just love this stuff, would mixing double apple with a fruit flavor like orange, grape, or grapefruit work? I want to try but I'm worried lol

I'm trying to smoke it every other day now just for this reason lol

• Like 1

On 8/31/2016 at 5:55 AM, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Khalil maamoon is a great place to start. I still have my first one almost 4 years later. Shika is really reputable as well just more pricy and hard to find.

On 9/1/2016 at 4:11 AM, Mint Head said:

My km is gonna be about 2 years old in a few months, my first hookah as well. Using it now while I smoke a blend of half nak DA, like 40% Bahraini, and 10% gold mint.I normally mix my tobacco up really well, I just went with split sections this time, I think I like these results better

My KM is running on 3 years now. So long as you keep them clean they really hold up to the test of time. 

I always try to keep AF mint around, love that stuff

It really is great, I do love Nakhla Mizo Mint more but it is hard to source locally. 

Edited by chernobyl
  • Like 1

Can someone suggest some good al fakir combo, and please don't be anything MINT mix combinations..I've tried alot with mint , bored with that so except mint combination Please..

I always try to keep AF mint around, love that stuff

AF mint best, even for smoking solo without anything , just chilled ice base and your work there is done

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LetMeCuStripped said:

Can someone suggest some good al fakir combo, and please don't be anything MINT mix combinations..I've tried alot with mint , bored with that so except mint combination Please..

AF mint best, even for smoking solo without anything , just chilled ice base and your work there is done

Do you like orange?  AF orange and mango or vanilla and orange.  Also, peach mango is pretty good.  :)

• Like 1

Orange and vanilla and orange mango are really solid, I've had both, orange and grapefruit is a good option too, or orange mango and grapefruit, I'm not much of a mix person though, but I've been messing with golden bahraini lately and its good with nakhla DA if you wanna try that

I forgot I had this in my stash, gum mastic, awesome flavor for anyone who hasn't tried it, I tried it almost two years ago after seeing Paul's video on his favorite AF flavors. I'm smoking some now with a bit of vanilla

I got a mix of half nak da, a quarter of gum mastic, and a quarter vanilla. Really nice

Smoking Nakhla new box lemon with Tangiers static starlight. Currently searching around for the roast of Rob Lowe since I missed it

How is the lemon?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mint Head said:

I got a mix of half nak da, a quarter of gum mastic, and a quarter vanilla. Really nice

How is the lemon?

most excellent. A tad like lemon pledge but literally one of the best mixers I've ever had.

• Like 1

Smoking some of my gold orange with the last of gold mint on top, wanna finish off this gold like before I move onto the main AF flavors I got, I only opened up gum mint and gum mastic, gum mint is gone now unfortunately, awesome flavor

• Like 2

Smoking a mix of trifecta enigma and AF DA. My tangiers order didn't arrive today because usps people are geniuses and sent the package to the wrong post office location. Gonna have to wait another day...

• Like 2

Smoking a mix of trifecta enigma and AF DA. My tangiers order didn't arrive today because usps people are geniuses and sent the package to the wrong post office location. Gonna have to wait another day...

That mix sounds interesting. Any good?

That mix sounds interesting. Any good?

I enjoyed it. I definitely think I'm onto something with this mix since the sweetness that DA imparts is a good counter to the heavy basil notes in enigma. But I think AF DA (which was the only DA I have on hand atm) is not the perfect double apple for this mix since it's basically an anise bomb. I love anise but the mix doesn't need that much anise flavor. I'll have to try mixing it with Nak DA and Ugly DA. Actually it might pair perfectly with Starbuzz vintage Indian spiced apple. Hmm, I'll let you know what my results are when I find out lol.

• Like 2

Currently smoking some Nakhla Mint. The wife has been been on a AF kick but I've convinced her to go back to the classics. You cannot beat such a traditional brand, the flavors are so consistent that having Nakhla being a secondary,or tertiary, brand in your stash doesn't change anything. You will recognize and love the flavors.

• Like 2