Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

That sucks dd.  I will say this: I have several vortex bowls - both the Sahara Smoke one, and a couple no-names.  The no-names get gunked up super easily, and you about need a jackhammer to clear out the holes.  But, when they aren't gunked, they work just dandy.

However, I've ended up using hemis (I have like... 5 of them) and both the alien mini and harmony here recently, and I don't miss my vortex bowls at all.  I dunno what kind of funnel you have, but the generic ones suck - I'd pony up for a Tangiers (one of the small or nano ones - the medium/large ones are HUGE) or HJ phunnel (alien mini or harmony), and you'd be really happy.

• Like 1

That sucks dd. I will say this: I have several vortex bowls - both the Sahara Smoke one, and a couple no-names. The no-names get gunked up super easily, and you about need a jackhammer to clear out the holes. But, when they aren't gunked, they work just dandy.

However, I've ended up using hemis (I have like... 5 of them) and both the alien mini and harmony here recently, and I don't miss my vortex bowls at all. I dunno what kind of funnel you have, but the generic ones suck - I'd pony up for a Tangiers (one of the small or nano ones - the medium/large ones are HUGE) or HJ phunnel (alien mini or harmony), and you'd be really happy.

I have two generic phunnel bowls and they work wonders. Obviously dry shisha like Nakhla doesn't get any benefits from it but wetter shisha does. I was easily able to get two rotations of coals from Starbuzz. I did put a third round on but the flavor and smoke died half way through. I have never had an issue with them unevenly heating the shisha either.

They are very durable as well, I've had them for about two years now and they are still holding strong.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

My vortex broke in the same place, super glue works wonders, its low enough that it shouldn't cause problems for you, or affect the taste, just glue it and let it cure and sit over night, and you'll be back in business

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 1

Smoking some fruit bowl mix this morning, before I head back to bed, gonna be up all night smoking I am

Coals getting hot for some code 69, in a cheap generic deezer funnel bowl, lets see how this goes

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

Coals getting hot for some code 69, in a cheap generic deezer funnel bowl, lets see how this goes

Those bowls actually work pretty well. I'm smoking some Nakhla banana

I have a love hate with this bowl to be.honest, bur so far, I cant complain.

I have a love hate with this bowl to be.honest, bur so far, I cant complain.

Does it have that wind cover that is attached to the bowl? Why do you love and hate it?

No wind cover, I have used it before, it was thw bowl that I got with my first hookah. I guess its due to the fact that though I have been enjoying my hookahs for almost a year now, im finally getting the knack of filling the bowl so that I dont get any harshness or burning. I will probably use it more often now, all depends on the mood im in

That sucks dd.  I will say this: I have several vortex bowls - both the Sahara Smoke one, and a couple no-names.  The no-names get gunked up super easily, and you about need a jackhammer to clear out the holes.  But, when they aren't gunked, they work just dandy.

However, I've ended up using hemis (I have like... 5 of them) and both the alien mini and harmony here recently, and I don't miss my vortex bowls at all.  I dunno what kind of funnel you have, but the generic ones suck - I'd pony up for a Tangiers (one of the small or nano ones - the medium/large ones are HUGE) or HJ phunnel (alien mini or harmony), and you'd be really happy.

Thanks man, It really does suck. This bowl was actually really good. I've dropped it before but it didn't break, fortunately for me. However this time I was getting it out of the cupboard where I keep all my hookah stuff and I just dropped it to the kitchen floor. From that high up nothing will survive that floor unless is plastic.

I'm surprised that it didn't shatter and only that one piece came off. I put it together and thought to myself that I can use superglue to fix it, but it's so cheap to just buy another one that I'm not going to try to fix it. 

I'm just very attached to it because it's my first vortex, my most used and my favorite. 

My funnel is also the Social Smoke funnel bowl which I enjoy using as well when I want smaller sessions, but I prefer the size of the vortex. I'll take a look at the tangiers and HJ alien mini or harmony bowls too. I definitely need to use a vortex or small funnel since most of my shisha is social smoke. 

My vortex broke in the same place, super glue works wonders, its low enough that it shouldn't cause problems for you, or affect the taste, just glue it and let it cure and sit over night, and you'll be back in business

I was thinking of doing that, but I'll just spring for a new one. I do love my social smoke vortex though. :*(

Well I can attest that that it will work, cause I have to make my bowls last, so I had to glue mine, more than once

And chernobyl, I do believe that the deezer phunnel will see more action, due to its size vs the harmony I just purchased, mainly on my morning smokes after work,

yeah definitely don't glue your bowl back together. when it beats up, the glue could loosen up and have coals everywhere, or, worst case, you inhale glue fumes. that can't be healthy.

Haven't had an issue on either of those fronts yet, just let it cure for 24 hrs at least, and there arent any fumes, and most CA glues take heat fairly well, unless your gonna literally bake it, where the break is wont be under as much heat stress as say around the top, and also with it being as low as it is, it wont be directly in the smoke area either

• Like 1

I agree and disagree with you guys. The break is far enough away from the heat and there will most likely be no fumes. However as a general rule you shouldn't use glue because of the possible side effects. Bowls are cheap enough to throw away and just get another, you should always have at least two for a back up.

I have a deezer phunnel and I use it quite often. It holds the perfect amount of shisha and I can get at least 1-2 hours easily with Nakhla.

• Like 1

I will agree, but I again can attest that the fumes will not be a problem, I have used my vortex bowl a lot, and it the same break as dd's, there are not any problems, now should the break be anywhere else, different story all together

Second round of coals on the deezer while watching ink masters season 2

This time its some nak coconut and vanilla mixed in a hemi bowl

Coal heating up for a bowl of code 69, just what is needed to relax after a ling muggy night at work

Edited by wvloony

And god I cant spell this morning

Your phone doesn't like the "o" key haha.

Not so much the phone as it is my blasted fingers. But thats the usual case for me, I have to type on here with a thumb and index finger, normally

And im stoked, my harmony will be here today, so I will definitely be using it wed morning for my end of work week morning smoke

I used to have the Droid 4 which had a full hardware keyboard. Made typing super easy. Now that I have the Moto X I use the swipe method. It's fairly accurate but nothing compared to a real keyboard.

Nice! I have to get me a new hose. My KM hose is taking a beating.