Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

Now smoking tangiers Kashmir peach. I love noir, it's a gift to the hookah world. Nirvana is just too much haha

I highly recommend fumari coals on foil, its literally just as tasty and easy to manage as it is in his lounge.

A reader on the FB account told me to mix Al Fakher mango and kiwi and he was right about being a brilliant mix. I'm truly enjoying it very much right now. he did say that it would be better with Naklah mango, but I don't have any. I'm also smoking this out of my new Sahara Vortex bowl, and its pretty good. I feel the air flow is better than my old vortex, but is also bigger and more shallow. All in all i'm enjoying it. 

• Like 1

nice dd.  sahara vortexes are wonderful.  super easy to clean since they're glazed inside and out.

getting ready to start up some nak strawberry.  or nak mizo mint.  or maybe a mix of both.  i dunno.  DECISIONS!

• Like 1

nice dd.  sahara vortexes are wonderful.  super easy to clean since they're glazed inside and out.

getting ready to start up some nak strawberry.  or nak mizo mint.  or maybe a mix of both.  i dunno.  DECISIONS!

HAHAHA, I know right? Decisions, decisions. That's why I'm letting my shisha collection get a little smaller, because I sit there and smell every container I have to see what I'm in the mood for. If I had less, I would just grab the container and smoke it. 

... you are right about the bowl being glazed inside and out, that's the first thing I noticed when I was checking it out. it's all ceramic though, my old one seemed to be clay. I'm ordering the other one from Social Smoke anyway out of nostalgia and because I liked the bit of restricted air flow I had. I'm sure I've mentioned it here before, but I enjoy a bit of restriction rather than wide draw. I don't know why, I just do. 

HAHAHA, I know right? Decisions, decisions. That's why I'm letting my shisha collection get a little smaller, because I sit there and smell every container I have to see what I'm in the mood for. If I had less, I would just grab the container and smoke it. 

... you are right about the bowl being glazed inside and out, that's the first thing I noticed when I was checking it out. it's all ceramic though, my old one seemed to be clay. I'm ordering the other one from Social Smoke anyway out of nostalgia and because I liked the bit of restricted air flow I had. I'm sure I've mentioned it here before, but I enjoy a bit of restriction rather than wide draw. I don't know why, I just do. 

Yeah, I'm doing the same.  I know that, when I get to an end of a flavor, that I know I will smoke more of it.  Most of the time, my mind leads me correctly.  Sometimes it doesn't (like the half-kilo of Fantasia Ice Mint I have in my closet).  So I've gotten so I'll buy 50g or 100g of flavors that I don't regularly invest in, and if I run out of something, consciously decide if I want to replace it or have some space in the shisha container.

And hey, to each their own.  If you like restricted, then so be it.  Not my preference though.  I want about as wide open as I can get without going to a KM Beast.

Decided on a mix - 50% Nak Strawberry, 50% Nak Mizo Mint.  My hose still tastes like Blueberry.  :-/

• Like 1

that's some strong ghosting there my friend. 
I have some blueberry flavor shisha but it's the hydro herbal, so I don't smoke it as often as I used to unless I want a super sweet flavor. it's a good flavor but it tastes like I'm sucking sugar straight out of a sugar cane. I've tried mixing it with other flavors, but the blueberry is always the dominant one no matter how little of it I use. I'm hoping that leaving it in the container for a while will calm down flavor strength. I've had it since February and I haven't opened the container since....March or April I think. 

Right now having a bowl of Al Fakher Cherry. Not bad, but it could be better. The smell is absolutely like a really yummy candied cherry, however the flavor is not as strong as say.... the social smoke cherry that I love so much. The taste is good cherry but in the background there's a hit of cough syrup taste. Not much, but it's noticeable to the discerning smoker. Will I buy it again? yeah because it's not bad, it's just a bit lighter in flavor than the social smoke cherry.  I have a feeling that the flavor is going to be gone by the second round of coal, as opposed to the mango/kiwi mix I had last night which upheld 4 rounds of starlight coals and didn't loose the flavor until the last round. 

Right now having a bowl of Al Fakher Cherry. Not bad, but it could be better. The smell is absolutely like a really yummy candied cherry, however the flavor is not as strong as say.... the social smoke cherry that I love so much. The taste is good cherry but in the background there's a hit of cough syrup taste. Not much, but it's noticeable to the discerning smoker. Will I buy it again? yeah because it's not bad, it's just a bit lighter in flavor than the social smoke cherry.  I have a feeling that the flavor is going to be gone by the second round of coal, as opposed to the mango/kiwi mix I had last night which upheld 4 rounds of starlight coals and didn't loose the flavor until the last round. 

... and yup! just as I had suspected all flavor is gone by the second round of coals on this Al Fakher Cherry :(

dd - as far as "airing the flavor out," try leaving the container open for a day or two, basically acclimating it like tangiers.  i find that the acclimation process gets rid of artificial and chemical-like flavors, but in the process may make the tobacco a little more mild.  however, since it's herbal, i dunno what the repercussions of that would be.

smoking mizo mint.

I had my second bowl of Haze Orange Swirl last night, and I swear it tasted different. I used different coals but everything else was the same. But it was good both times so oh well lol 

Its a good flavor but its not a very strong one, unless I'm doing something wrong with Haze, its my first time having it so its possible. The flavor also dies off way before the coals are done and I hate that. Other than that I like it though.

I had my second bowl of Haze Orange Swirl last night, and I swear it tasted different. I used different coals but everything else was the same. But it was good both times so oh well lol

Its a good flavor but its not a very strong one, unless I'm doing something wrong with Haze, its my first time having it so its possible. The flavor also dies off way before the coals are done and I hate that. Other than that I like it though.

I really enjoy haze – it smokes very similarly to social smoke or starbuzz as far as heat is concerned. it shouldn't be done before two rounds of coals though. how many coals are you using?

The lady and I have a friend over, so we are starting up one of our favorite mixes! Starbuzz Coco Jumbo and Pirates Cave!

That sounds delicious. I'm smoking Nakhla mango

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

Have the rest of my fruit bowl loaded into the harmony and waiting to get it going

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Hookah.org mobile app

Loaded a bowl with a mix of Naklah double apple and watermelon. The mix is only so I can hurry up and get rid of the double apple because I like the iced apple better. eventually I'll get down my collection down to only the ones I like.... eventually. 

Edited by dd0723

Im working on that to, have some mixes I.need to smoke

That sounds delicious. I'm smoking Nakhla mango

It is really good

Started smoking a bowl of Al Fakher cherry a few minutes ago. I know is way earlier than my usual time, but my girlfriend is not home yet, and I might start a new temp contract gig that will have me going to an office in edison, NJ. monday through friday. YUCK!. That means no more late nights for me for at least 3 months and that's the only time I get to smoke, so I better enjoy now while I can. LOL 

Started smoking a bowl of Al Fakher cherry a few minutes ago. I know is way earlier than my usual time, but my girlfriend is not home yet, and I might start a new temp contract gig that will have me going to an office in edison, NJ. monday through friday. YUCK!. That means no more late nights for me for at least 3 months and that's the only time I get to smoke, so I better enjoy now while I can. LOL 

I'm sure you'll find time to squeeze in a few good smokes. No hookah smoker can go without a smoke. Haha

• Like 1

right now enjoying a mix of Al Fakher cherry and Naklah watermelon. Very tasty. 

I know the picture has the kiwi on the front, but you can see the cherry pink box in the back of the container. :) 

post-9346-0-25514300-1406863179_thumb.jp

So my goal over the next few weeks is to smoke up all my miscellaneous mixes and pare down my cabinet. The goal is to have only the mixes I want to keep, and the straight flavors to create said mixes, or this flavors that I really enjoy. That being said it wont be easy, I am able to recognize that I have shisha acquisition disorder(not a bad thing, just hard on the wallet).so tonight's first bowl is one of those misc mixes that at some point got either to much cinnamon or other, added some nakhla cappuccino, and it mellowed out nicely, but dont ask me to remember what it was

• Like 2

So my goal over the next few weeks is to smoke up all my miscellaneous mixes and pare down my cabinet. The goal is to have only the mixes I want to keep, and the straight flavors to create said mixes, or this flavors that I really enjoy. That being said it wont be easy, I am able to recognize that I have shisha acquisition disorder(not a bad thing, just hard on the wallet).so tonight's first bowl is one of those misc mixes that at some point got either to much cinnamon or other, added some nakhla cappuccino, and it mellowed out nicely, but dont ask me to remember what it was

If you want any help just let us know, we'll smoke it up for you :P

• Like 1

Oh I know, but just the thought of sending shisha around the country could get just as expensive.:P

• Like 1

Sadly I sit here in my impromptu smoking lounge, listening to pandora on my phone set to my asia station, it feels odd the I reminisce seeing that this year is my 30 year graduation reunion

Are you planning on going to the reunion? Have you gone to previous reunions? It's been three years for me.

Edited by chernobyl