Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheEightyFour

Drinks & Hookah

Which video should win our $350 holiday video contest  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which video should win our $350 holiday video contest

• Hookahismylife
    • Kalutika
    • Jsovis
    • itsdandavid

Question

Hey all,

I was just reading through some old articles and saw this article on food and drink pairings: Food and Drink Pairings With Hookah - Hookah.org, and it got me thinking:

What does everyone like to drink when they smoke?

As for me, I'm just as much of a coffee snob as I am a hookah snob. I'm typically drinking espresso from a local coffee shop, or fresh-ground coffee made in a pourover or aeropress. I also work from home doing web development, and work late hours, so the coffee has the added benefit of keeping me awake. :D

I did recently pick up a strawberry white tea from Teavana that pairs amazingly with fruity shishas - it's like drinking AF Strawberry, except without the whole "I'm drinking tobacco" thing.

24 answers to this question

I drink mineral water while smoke, i see hookah tips, that you should be hydrated.. so.. yeah :D

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

I really like to pair my smokes with teas, so if I'm smoking something spicy I'll usually have some chai or something with it. Rose flavors go well with Jasmine green tea as well.

Staying hydrated is definitely important it helps avoid those nasty hookah headaches and nicotine sickness.

I drink beer, scotch, or tea when smoking depending on the people im smoking with

Haha right when I read it that's what I thought of. Such a great line. When I heard that in the beginning of the movie I knew I would like it. Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Hookah.org mobile app

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer…

Just kidding. It really depends on my mood and what we are smoking. I go for anything from soda, to tea, to coffee, to juice, to wine and hard liquor. I can say I have never drank milk while smoking, although I did eat a bowl of cereal this weekend while I was.

Usually have tea, depending on what im smoking, it might be a smokey black Chinese, or a cardamom flavored middle eastern tea

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

If i feel like alcohol i go with Bahama Bay Breeze which is rum cranberry juice and pinaepple juice. Otherwise gateraide is also awesome

Sent from my C5155 using Hookah.org mobile app

I just drink some sleepytime tea or some whiskey. Other than that its just water while I smoke.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

I've never had tea with hookah, it sounds good. Is it like green tea or something else?

No I have not. I don't really put anything in my base. Just seems like a hassle to me

I put some orange spice tea in the base while enjoying some orange flavored tobacco. It was pretty good. I think you would notice a mint tea more though.

I get that. Its kind of a hassle to clean. We tried a flavored water once and it was good for a little bit but started tasting funny after a while

Its mostly just worrying that you're not going to clean it well and leave something sticky to burn. But when its like juice or something you gotta get way up in the stem to get it all out

Ah I recommend using lemon juice to clean it then. I use it to clean my hookah all the time and it does wonders

Yeah my friend told me about that. But i never have any on hand. Its on my list thoung!

If you are talking about booze. i would go for some apple cider while i smoke. But i would rather go for some ginger ale