Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thatsoccerguy

Can't get good smoke!

I recently purchased the km single pear with jumbo base. I have had 2 sessions and I can't get good smoke. If any one has tips it would be hugely appreciated. Im planning to buy an alien bowl, and I use mazaya coals. The times I have smoke, I can't get a consistent smoke. There will either be too little smoke or it becomes incredibly harsh. Thanks for any help you can give!

This sounds like a heat management issue to me. What brand of tobacco are you using and how many coals? And what bowl?

The KM single pear is a nice choice so your hookah is not to blame, don't worry! All you need to do is make some small adjustments and you'll be good to go. =)

Yeah I figured it would be something small, I just don't know where to start haha. I normally use fumari. The coals I use are the mazaya and I use 2 of them. I just have the default clay bowl just now, but I was thinking about buying an alien bowl.

Yea you're doing basically everything right, so I would have to guess that it's either your packing method, or the bowl just gets too hot. For Fumari make sure you're just sprinkling it into the bowl and not packing too much in, and then very lightly pat it down so it's just below the rim of the bowl. That way it doesn't touch the foil. Also try to keep your coals at the edge of the bowl and not directly on top of the shisha, it helps keep it from burning.

Other than that just make sure your foil is nice and taught and not sagging and you should be fine. This should help until you get a different bowl. The alien is a good choice I've heard, Tangiers phunnels are great too.