Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chernobyl

Homemade Hookah Home

Decided to make my own hookah home out of an old table and some wood I had around the house.

That is awesome. I have a somewhat similar idea for something I want to build but I'm not sure where to start haha I need something that will keep my cats from knocking my hookah over, or at least make it more difficult for them so they give up lol

It is very stable, which honestly I am surprised about. The table I used is over 10 years old and has gone through me moving twice. I thought this was a great way to bring it back to life. The hookah only rocks gently if you hit the table or hookah. Which that should be gone once I get a base protector.

Took some extra pictures of this, so you can see the side and underneath

Sent from my XT894 using Hookah.org mobile app

Nice! I would definitely sand it down and refinish it to make it look super nice.

I'm going to sand it down and get some paint for it. But where I live it is currently -2ºF so I'm not going out to grab paint or going to the garage( separate from my house) for sand paper. haha

is the opening large enough for the base?

Not yet, it is about .2-.3 inches too small. I don't really mind it though.

Haha I don't blame you! I feel real bad for everyone in this super cold weather. Its 36 here which is straight up balmy compared so most other places right now lol

But that table will be epic once it's finished.

Haha yeah, its going to be a couple days before I even attempt at leaving the house, its way too cold, with the wind chill its about -37F

That's bad. I know it was like that today in Pittsburgh, my sister texted me because she had to go to work at 4:30am and there was 30mph winds with a wind chill of like -40. Crazy, it never gets THAT cold there.

Yeah it is horrible, especially since I live down the street from Lake Erie. The lake effect makes winters pretty cold, but never like this.

Picked up some paint and sand paper, I'll be sanding and painting tomorrow. I'll upload pictures after the first coat of paint. I'm thinking 2-3 coats

That's looking really nice. I personally don't want a hookah home, but it's given me some inspiration to make a hookah prep station. I'll probably get around to that around 2019.

Wow it looks ten times better with a coat of paint, nice! It seems like it really makes the hookah the center of attention in the room where people can gather round and have a smoke and just hang out.

A hookah prep station would be awesome! All of my supplies are all over the place it would be so much easier if they were all in one place. But much like you, I'll get to it...eventually lol

Thanks. You guys should really make a prep station, after putting this together, it makes setting up a session faster and easier

I love this idea. It is on my to do list, I just need to find a table. I’d really like to add a Lazy Susan under the base that way as you pass the hose around the whole hookah spins.

A hookah prep station is also on my list. I have been looking for a table for it for months. There is a very particular area in my house where I can fit it. And of course I’d love the console to store all my hookah parts, tobacco, and maybe even my hard liquor. It will be a Hookah Wet Bar! Only without an actual sink running to it.

Oh dude!! That is super cool!!!!

I have the perfect spot for it too, right where i have my ladies sitting on top of the hard case