Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mliberty

Android app down?

Yea I think doing that will definitely be a good thing, lots of people use the andriod one so it cant hurt. I don't have an iphone but literally everyone I know does. lol

I'm excited to see the members blog post thing, seems like a really cool idea.

iOS does has 53% of the mobile market share and Android has 42%. So there would be a lot of traffic if he brought the app to iPhone.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

The other thing that I AM GOING TO DO (im pissed that i havent got it done so far) is publish our own iPhone app. Its basically a branded version of Tapatalk but it works better with the forum.

is it because you are the only one running the show or do you have people to help you out? Do you have a developer's account with Apple to release the app? I think that might be better than taptalk. Not that it's a bad app, it's just a little clunky to use.

iOS does has 53% of the mobile market share and Android has 42%. So there would be a lot of traffic if he brought the app to iPhone.

I agree, not to mention all the cross-promotion we will be doing ourselves... well, I know I will. Not only on my social media sites but also on blogs and business sites.

is it because you are the only one running the show or do you have people to help you out? Do you have a developer's account with Apple to release the app? I think that might be better than taptalk. Not that it's a bad app, it's just a little clunky to use.

I run the website by myself and pay Paul for the reviews and articles. I have an Apple Developer account but in order to publish an iOS app I need a mac which I dont have. I plan to buy a cheap one soon just for that

I run the website by myself and pay Paul for the reviews and articles. I have an Apple Developer account but in order to publish an iOS app I need a mac which I dont have. I plan to buy a cheap one soon just for that

Wow!!! running it by yourself is a lot of work; I should know. I don't know how I could help, but if there's anything I can do, I would love to. I have an Apple Developer account as well, and I have all Macs in my home office. My college degree is in Web Development and Business Programing, but my current business is mainly video editing for other companies.

Just thought I'd put it out there.

I think we would all help if we could. I'll toss my hat in there to help but I doubt Nima needs it, it seems like he has it under control.

I think we would all help if we could. I'll toss my hat in there to help but I doubt Nima needs it, it seems like he has it under control.

I agree, and he's doing such a great job on his own, but I kind of feel bad for him doing all the work. Heck it's 5 of us running the business I'm in, and my one partner does more of the programming stuff because he's been doing it longer. I mostly handle the social media, external contracts and editing stuff unless there's database work that needs to be done, then I jump in with all my might until I cry fowl.

It's a lot of work and it's not easy for any one single person.

I do too. I run a media server and a ftp server for myself and a couple friends and that becomes a hassle. Can we donate to help you out Nima?

You guys know a lot about this stuff... well, i... am taking... an intro to progamming this semester... so i can program stuff and do excel! Yeah, thats right, fear the awesome might of my mightiness!

Sent from my C5155 using Hookah.org mobile app

You guys know a lot about this stuff... well, i... am taking... an intro to progamming this semester... so i can program stuff and do excel! Yeah, thats right, fear the awesome might of my mightiness!

Sent from my C5155 using Hookah.org mobile app

oh, excel...

I currently work on a smallish social network (5k-10k visitors a day), and maintain it with another guy in Florida. I got my BS in information systems, and have been programming since I was in middle school (and I'll be 30 this year). I currently write mainly in ruby/ruby on rails, but I want to get into more client side code, like ember or angular, and I've got my eye on elixir for a new server side language.

oh, excel...

I currently work on a smallish social network (5k-10k visitors a day), and maintain it with another guy in Florida. I got my BS in information systems, and have been programming since I was in middle school (and I'll be 30 this year). I currently write mainly in ruby/ruby on rails, but I want to get into more client side code, like ember or angular, and I've got my eye on elixir for a new server side language.

Whats your social network?

Wow!!! running it by yourself is a lot of work; I should know. I don't know how I could help, but if there's anything I can do, I would love to. I have an Apple Developer account as well, and I have all Macs in my home office. My college degree is in Web Development and Business Programing, but my current business is mainly video editing for other companies.

Just thought I'd put it out there.

I agree, and he's doing such a great job on his own, but I kind of feel bad for him doing all the work. Heck it's 5 of us running the business I'm in, and my one partner does more of the programming stuff because he's been doing it longer. I mostly handle the social media, external contracts and editing stuff unless there's database work that needs to be done, then I jump in with all my might until I cry fowl.

It's a lot of work and it's not easy for any one single person.

I do too. I run a media server and a ftp server for myself and a couple friends and that becomes a hassle. Can we donate to help you out Nima?

Thank you guys. I might take you up on that :)

Thankfully we don't have much of any spam here (I approve every new account manually so DOWN WITH SPAM!) but as we grow larger we definitely need moderators here on the forum to keep the same vibe going. I want our forum to be a close community and we have to cap it at a certain size, we will do just that.

Just let us know. :)

That's a very smart idea, I always see forums get destroyed because of the spam and I don't think I've seen any spam here. I couldn't see capping the size but you may want to put a timer on how long an account can be inactive before it is deleted. Keeps the members list short and keeps people posting.

That's a very smart idea, I always see forums get destroyed because of the spam and I don't think I've seen any spam here. I couldn't see capping the size but you may want to put a timer on how long an account can be inactive before it is deleted. Keeps the members list short and keeps people posting.

Yea, we can have it so that after X,XXX number of members, accounts that are inactive for more than a year (or have invalid emails) get automatically deleted allowing for a new set of members to register. The more I think about it the more I like it too. We can be a our own med size hookah club. Let's talk about that more in near future.

That sounds like a good way of handling that. I would like to see this forum stay small to medium size. Sure it is nice to have more people but I like having a small group of people that we can get to know very well.

yeah I have to say that I've never seen a single spam here unless is somebody long ago creating an account just to promote some mediocre site

which we don't really do.

Mine is still working but I noticed every time I login it says my password was rejected and then it refreshes to the current page without further problems.

Damn it man. There is a new version of the app. I'll upload it today; maybe they fixed some of the issues

I still have the issues that everyone else is complaining about, dont know whats going on

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk