Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chernobyl

You know you smoke hookah a lot when..

Question

If anybody is like me, there are things you do differently after smoking hookah for such a long period. For example:

You spend more time deciding on a flavor than it takes to pack the hookah.

Bathroom breaks are put on the backburner.

Cringing at the smell of quicklights.

Sent from my XT894 using Hookah.org mobile app

Well I've been smoking hookah for about 5 years now. I switch back and forth between quick lights and natural coals depending on how much effort I really want to put into the session. I usually only smoke one flavor at a time, until I run out the I'll go buy some more. The only things I do differently now is spend a lot of time at the store debating on what to buy, flavor wise, which bowl to use, whether or not I need to deep clean my hookah, and whether or not I should go buy something new for my hookah like a hose or bowl or something.

"This aint no 10 second race"

"I've got nuthin but time."

It's gotten to a point that when my local shop gets new flavors I end up trying them before the employees. Ever since I switched to natural coals I just can't stand quicklights.

I can definitely tell the difference between the two but as of late i've lost the passion to really care that much. I hardly ever smoke anymore and when I do I'm usually focused on something else more like a video game so quick lights are easier since I don't have to watch them as much

I agree with the quicklights smell. At one point it got so bad that I actually lost the desire to smoke due to the odor. Thank you Coconara!! lol

When I sit and contemplate how to improve the experience for me than anything else....

Oh...almost forgot...

Been spending A lot of time designing a hookah that resembles jabba the hutt's from star wars

And when i see movies with a hookah in it I get all excited...

Oh...almost forgot...

Been spending A lot of time designing a hookah that resembles jabba the hutt's from star wars

And when i see movies with a hookah in it I get all excited...

I get excited whenever I see a hookah in mainstream media. Haha

Oh I nearly lost it when I saw a hookah in that one Drake music video

Yeah if I'm slumming it I'll use quick lights but if its the first session OR the last session I always use my trusty Coconaras even though I do want to try the Cocobuzz 2.0

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

You're smoking way too much if you keep finding plastic mouthpieces all over.

Or decide to go back in the middle of a trip to take your favorite hose.

Sent from my GSmart GS202+ using Hookah.org mobile app

When you have separate tongs for different uses. I have two that are only used for coals and a set for handling shisha.

When you have separate tongs for different uses. I have two that are only used for coals and a set for handling shisha.

HAHAHA you're totally right. I've got one specifically for poking holes in foil and cleaning off my Kaloud between uses.

If I send my fiance or a friend to the shop to grab shisha, the owner asks why I didn't go.

When friends come over and are shocked that the hookah isn't going.

You accidently drop a coal and don’t freak out about it.

You have an impressive hookah rig in your car so you can smoke on the go.

There is a rush to grab it, but it is nowhere near the fear the first couple of times it happened. Maybe because we are planning to replace our flooring down the road….

Maybe the coal dropping depends on your living situation. I am in an apartment so I can't let coals drop. Haven't dropped a coal in about a year actually, but i still keep a rug under my hookah for that reason

Theres always a jolt... it does depend where i am. Ive burnt my floor before and that wasnt fun. I definitly jumped at that

Sent from my C5155 using Hookah.org mobile app

I was doing the laundry and while checking my pants pockets for stuff I found a hose grommet.. i don't know how or why it was in there.. 

If anybody is like me, there are things you do differently after smoking hookah for such a long period. For example:

You spend more time deciding on a flavor than it takes to pack the hookah.

Bathroom breaks are put on the backburner.

Cringing at the smell of quicklights.

Guilty of spending too much time in front of my shisha corner trying to figure out what i want to smoke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahaha. Isn't that a quirk? I do the same. I have one set of tongs for the coals and one i use to clean off the bowls when I'm done and use that poker to fluff up the shisha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk