Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

framedtke

Hey all!

My name is Sean, I'm 22 and I'm from Virginia. I recently sold an older used hookah. Not sure what kind it was but it was to big so I sold it. Since I sold it I just bought a smaller mya one and it should be coming soon so I can't wait to start smoking again. I'm still a hookah novice so I'll definitely be using this forum for information and asking questions if I have issues.

Can't wait to get started and hear what tricks you all have!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Hookah.org mobile app

I was looking at the petite as well but instead went with the QT. It had good reviews and I found it on sale. Lol. I did buy a funnel bowl since a lot of reviews were saying the bowl it comes with isn't the best

The QT is a good option too, as long as you got the regular one and not the econo one, that one is made from crappy materials and will fall apart too quickly. And yea the bowl that comes with mya hookahs sucks lol I'm not a fan of their hoses either but those are fairly cheap to upgrade anyway.

Enjoy the new hookah!

It's the QT 265-100 so it's not the econo. I've heard that about the hoses too. My friend has mya hoses and didn't think they were terrible. Eventually I might upgrade depending on money and how much I smoke

It's just that they aren't washable, if you wash them then they will rust out and thats no good. I've seen them rust even with regular use and without washing them. Just the downfall of cheap chinese made stuff is all lol

If you want a good quality and cheap washable hose then check out Nuhose or Fancy Hoses, they're 100% plastic so they can't rust and they actually do last a long time, I'm just now replacing mine and I've had them for a few years now. They only cost about 6 bucks so its a very cheap investment.

Oh damn that is cheap. I knew they rusted out after awhile so I assumed I would need to buy some. My friend has some old ones that are most likely rusted out so we were thinking of trying to salvage the ends and use some plastic tubing. Most likely won't be great quality but at least a little fun lol

the only problem with the nuhose is they can be a little cheaply made and they don't look the best but they last. if you aren't concerned with aesthetics, definitely get one.

Makes sense since it's cheap. My gf will probably want one that is pretty but I'm all for cheap and won't fall apart fast.

Thanks! Part of the year I live right outside Richmond and the rest of the time I go to Longwood University. What part are you from?

Good point on the hoses. I do not even use the 'stock' hoses at all.

I have a Maya freeze hose (the one with the freezer cartridge). Works awesome! And only spent about 12 dollars on it.

I saw those when I was looking online. Are they actually worth it? Also are they easy to clean or are they also metal inside?

I can't accurately comment on that hose because I don't have one. but I've heard that some people love it and some people really hate it. I think it's dependent on your smoking style.

I'm from Richmond too - I live near Carytown.

I might try a freeze hose down the road then.

Nice. I live in Chesterfield. Saying Richmond is easier because people don't always know where Chesterfield is. Lol

The freeze hoses are the same, un washable. But I've heard they do cool the smoke well. Never used one myself because I don't like cold smoke so I can't really give a good opinion on them.

Actually according to my research, the Maya hose is washable. I have washed it a few times.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Hookah.org mobile app

It's just that they aren't washable, if you wash them then they will rust out and thats no good. I've seen them rust even with regular use and without washing them. Just the downfall of cheap chinese made stuff is all lol

If you want a good quality and cheap washable hose then check out Nuhose or Fancy Hoses, they're 100% plastic so they can't rust and they actually do last a long time, I'm just now replacing mine and I've had them for a few years now. They only cost about 6 bucks so its a very cheap investment.

Decided to buy a wind cover so I bought 2 fancy hoses. If they suck I'm coming after you! Haha jk