Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bandolero94

Phunnel bowls

Question

Looking into buying a phunnel bowl, but not sure what kinda to get. Something like a alien mini? Or larger one? What do you guys with phunnel bowls recommend?

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Hookah.org mobile app

22 answers to this question

I love my alien mini, it doesn't waste any tobacco and lasts a good hour or more, which is just enough for me. If you like to do multiple rounds of coals, then a tangiers pico or small would probably be best but for one and done sessions, the alien phunnel is awesome.

Nice! Ha thanks maybe that's what ill get because that's about all I go for is about an hour or so session.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Hookah.org mobile app

i love my alien mini - with tangiers you can get a 2-3 hour session if packed correctly and the heat is managed properly, but with normal tobaccos, it's a nice, 45 minute to 1 hour session. they're a bit fragile so be careful with them - i broke my first one 2 days after i bought it, but i went online within the hour and ordered another.

I stay up every night watching TV so thats when i do my smoking. I personally prefer having a session that lasts 2 hours or more. My record is a 4 hour session, but i digress. My phunnel is huge and my vortex is even bigger, it holds more than my phunnel. i personally like the bigger ones so that i can smoke for as long as i want and not have to load a new bowl. I dont mind doing 2 or 3 rounds of coal as long as i get to enjoy myself. If you like shorter sessions then a mini might be the right one for you. You can also use a regular vortex and just fill it up with less tobacco for a shorter session. I do that sometimes.

I can only speak from experience. My favorite bowl by far is my tangiers pico. I save a lot of shisha. Only issue was the learning curve. It took a while to figure out the right way to pack and how many coals and coal placement. I've heard they're hard to get but my go to company has them in stock. Hookahset.com

Sent from my HTC One V using Hookah.org mobile app

I've heard so many horror stories about people ordering from hookah set, enough to deter me from ever giving them my money. Some seriously bad customer service over there. But it doesn't happen to everyone and their prices are way lower so I can see why people take the risk.

Yea I've heard the same. Ive only had one problem. I was sent the wrong stem when I ordered my km but thankfully it was easy to get it resolved. The main reason I order from them is because I'm in ny and they're in nj so if I order before 3pm I get it next day.

Yea I've heard the same. Ive only had one problem. I was sent the wrong stem when I ordered my km but thankfully it was easy to get it resolved. The main reason I order from them is because I'm in ny and they're in nj so if I order before 3pm I get it next day.

They are in NJ really? I was thinking of ordering some stuff from them, but I don't know why I never did. Maybe because their prices are so low and usually if it's to good to be true, it probably is. So I moved on. Glad to hear that they are in Jersey though because I'm too. So maybe my orders will be here the next day as well.

Yea I don't see why it wouldnt be there next day. What part of nj? I've got family in toms river and forked river.

Yea I don't see why it wouldnt be there next day. What part of nj? I've got family in toms river and forked river.

I'm about 40 minutes north of Toms River. Have to love Central Jersey. NOT! LOL. I'm in the Monroe/Spotswood/Jamesburg area. Literally, one corner is Monroe then you cross the street is Spotswood, then everything else is Jamesburg which is so tiny if you blink you'll miss it. LOL

Haha dam that's crazy. I actually loved the shore until they came out with that show on mtv. I've avoided seaside ever since lol. I'm gonna be in Parsippany at the end of the month for a convention though.

Haha dam that's crazy. I actually loved the shore until they came out with that show on mtv. I've avoided seaside ever since lol. I'm gonna be in Parsippany at the end of the month for a convention though.

LOL yeah I never understood the purpose of that show from what people told me about it. I've never watched a single episode and I just wrote it off as garbage.

I've only hung out at the shore a few times, but my girlfriend and I don't much care for the "types" that hang there. We do seaside with a few friends like maybe once a year if that, but we usually go to Ortley. It's closer and not as bad as seaside.

Yea that's a good idea. My family owns a house in wildwood which is a lot more family friendly than seaside. Me and my girlfriend are addicted to the polish water ice on the boardwalk

I thought I had posted on another thread about hookahset.com somewhere else on here but I haven't found it. They are the ones that were giving a way a dream hose with any purchase of over $35... I think.

Anyway, I contacted them because their shipping was supper crazy on the order I wanted to place. However they didn't respond to any of my emails letting them know I'm in jersey and wanted cheaper shipping, and they never answered the phone. So I'm writing them off as a fake thieving website.

I thought I had posted on another thread about hookahset.com somewhere else on here but I haven't found it. They are the ones that were giving a way a dream hose with any purchase of over $35... I think.

Anyway, I contacted them because their shipping was supper crazy on the order I wanted to place. However they didn't respond to any of my emails letting them know I'm in jersey and wanted cheaper shipping, and they never answered the phone. So I'm writing them off as a fake thieving website.

Yea thats their usual customer service from what I've heard. They only get customers because of their dirt cheap prices but trying to get a problem or question resolved is near impossible. 

Yea thats their usual customer service from what I've heard. They only get customers because of their dirt cheap prices but trying to get a problem or question resolved is near impossible. 

I've made a few orders to hookahset and it seems like they always have at least 1 thing out of stock, calling them took 2-3 phone calls but they eventually answered and one time they actually called me (i was surprised). and when i talk to someone usually this is a rough transcript:

her: hookah?

me:calling about something being out of stock on my order

her: social smoke? what do you want replaced with?

me: absolute zero

-they hangup-

Definitely leaves a bit to be desired :P

Anyone ever order with thehookah.com?

They have a sale on the new hookafina flavors and I want to place an order but I can't think of a single person that ordered from them.

I have an account with them but I haven't ordered because their shipping kills me. I don't think that shipping should cost more than what I'm ordering. ;)