WolfDen

Kaloud Lotus Hints and Tricks

Question

I started to wonder what kind of coals everyone uses in their Kaloud Lotus, so I thought I start this thread to compile all the hints and tricks everyone has found to get the most out of this cool little gadget.

I’ll go first.

Cleaning:

A fork works well to pull of stuck tobacco when you want to change out bowls.

To clean that hard baked on stuff bowl the Lotus in water with a little bit of vinegar. Once it has boiled for 10 or so minutes, pull it out of the water with some tongs and use a bristle brush to clean it (ours was an old potato scrubber that my husband commandeered to get grease out from under his nails). We do that every couple of weeks and it seems to work pretty well.

Heating:

We use a single coil burner to heat our coals. This is the process I follow when we start the hookah up for the first time in the day. Once the coals are glowing and ready I set the Lotus on the coils. I go around our big chair to unplug the burner, come back and load the coals into the lotus there. I then move the Lotus to the bowl. It isn’t on the heat very long, but it seems to really help the metal to start to warm up.

So come on guys and gals what do you do….

• Like 1

I personally haven't bought one yet, but I do know that by putting the kaloud on a burner voids your warranty for it

To be honest that heat doesn't leave any evidence that it has ever been on the burner. I have two and I use my older one on the coil quite often. It looks and works exactly the same as the other. The only thing is you can't leave it on more than a few minutes or you run the risk of burning it but that's your only risk

I personally haven't bought one yet, but I do know that by putting the kaloud on a burner voids your warranty for it

To be honest that heat doesn't leave any evidence that it has ever been on the burner. I have two and I use my older one on the coil quite often. It looks and works exactly the same as the other. The only thing is you can't leave it on more than a few minutes or you run the risk of burning it but that's your only risk

I haven't set my Lotus on the burner but a few minutes ahead of time I set it close by so it can absorb some heat. Dude is right that you won't have an issue immediately and you can so long as you are careful it will be okay. I wouldn't recommend it though. The risk outweighs the benefits in my opinion. 

You can see from an image I pulled from Google. That they can get damaged but I believe this was after it being on the burner for 10+ minutes

KtqTcj9.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't set my Lotus on the burner but a few minutes ahead of time I set it close by so it can absorb some heat. Dude is right that you won't have an issue immediately and you can so long as you are careful it will be okay. I wouldn't recommend it though. The risk outweighs the benefits in my opinion. 

You can see from an image I pulled from Google. That they can get damaged but I believe this was after it being on the burner for 10+ minutes

KtqTcj9.thumb.jpg.7aa6c89a250e422af79f524f667ac374.jpg

Jesus. What's remarkable is how clean it looks. Brand new lotus gone to waste due to user error. What a shame.

So I have a question. Are there more than one version of the Lotus from Kaloud? I found a real Kaloud lotus at almost half the price from Kaloud themselves on ebay and they keep calling it version 1. Then they have another about $7 cheaper and they are calling it version two.

I'm thinking that I'm going to just jump in and buy one. should I?

So I have a question. Are there more than one version of the Lotus from Kaloud? I found a real Kaloud lotus at almost half the price from Kaloud themselves on ebay and they keep calling it version 1. Then they have another about $7 cheaper and they are calling it version two.

I'm thinking that I'm going to just jump in and buy one. should I?

No there is only one version. Those are all fakes since kaloud copyrighted their design the others have to put their names on it. Go to kaloud.com and you will see there is only one versipn

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

No there is only one version. Those are all fakes since kaloud copyrighted their design the others have to put their names on it. Go to kaloud.com and you will see there is only one versipn

Oops. I pressed the trigger. The seller has 100% positive feedback and accepts returns so I can always cancel it or return it. I'm truly not interested in owning one, I just want to see how it works. I don't think anything is going to ever replace my Minzari gold crown.

46 minutes ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said: No there is only one version. Those are all fakes since kaloud copyrighted their design the others have to put their names on it. Go to kaloud.com and you will see there is only one versipn

Oops. I pressed the trigger. The seller has 100% positive feedback and accepts returns so I can always cancel it or return it. I'm truly not interested in owning one, I just want to see how it works. I don't think anything is going to ever replace my Minzari gold crown.

Well post some pics I'll tell you instantly if it's fake. You don't want to be inhaling random metals

• Like 1

On January 20, 2016 at 6:33 PM, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Well post some pics I'll tell you instantly if it's fake. You don't want to be inhaling random metals

yeah I agree. As soon as I get it I'll take some pics to post on here and I won't use it until I hear back from you. 

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for the damn thing. I guess it got held back because of the blizzard and there hasn't been any updates on the site either.

I'm still waiting for the damn thing. I guess it got held back because of the blizzard and there hasn't been any updates on the site either.

It's times like this I can tolerate living in a desert. That blows man.

• Like 1

It's times like this I can tolerate living in a desert. That blows man.

Lol all good. Today there was an update that it finally left Tennessee and it's on it's way to me. I'll send you pics before I use it

• Like 1

So I got my fake lotus and I've been using it these past few days but... Meh. I like my minzari better.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1454573620.8435

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1454573637.1864

I've found that using lemon juice helps get that charcoal taste/smell out your lotus

That's good to know. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

So I got my fake lotus and I've been using it these past few days but... Meh. I like my minzari better.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1454573620.843533.thumb.jpg.1ff149cbdbef38dcafe35c5f1c23dfca.jpg

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1454573637.186493.thumb.jpg.d357e2fc0bd094e900e1e4787c91505c.jpg

I've found that using lemon juice helps get that charcoal taste/smell out your lotus

That's good to know. Thanks for the tip.

You'll never get the fire department called with a lotus though

• Like 1

ROTFLMAO!!! that's actually a very good point though.

I swear if that fucking alarm goes off again I'll take the sledge hammer to it and pay the $1100 fee. We have live monitoring which means a representative should have either called the landline and/or come online through the system to talk to us and neither of those things happened. The cops, fire department and EMT's just showed up. I'm still super pissed about that.

• Like 1

ROTFLMAO!!! that's actually a very good point though.

I swear if that fucking alarm goes off again I'll take the sledge hammer to it and pay the $1100 fee. We have live monitoring which means a representative should have either called the landline and/or come online through the system to talk to us and neither of those things happened. The cops, fire department and EMT's just showed up. I'm still super pissed about that.

I advise only using nakhla with it then

• Like 1

ROTFLMAO!!! that's actually a very good point though. I swear if that fucking alarm goes off again I'll take the sledge hammer to it and pay the $1100 fee. We have live monitoring which means a representative should have either called the landline and/or come online through the system to talk to us and neither of those things happened. The cops, fire department and EMT's just showed up. I'm still super pissed about that.

I advise only using nakhla with it then

Yeah that seems to be my only course of action unless I start patting dry my wet shisha and I'm not planning on doing that anytime soon.

• Like 1

I'm giving up on this damn thing. After the oxyclean mess it just smokes weird so I'm not messing with it anymore. Lol

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455264466.1520

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455264490.7142

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455264509.3059

I'm giving up on this damn thing. After the oxyclean mess it just smokes weird so I'm not messing with it anymore. Lol

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455264466.152016.thumb.jpg.2bb481f623029d91e5ebacc5829885ae.jpg

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455264490.714296.thumb.jpg.19aeb1dd18ca6a28965d7d1c041f4601.jpg

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455264509.305932.thumb.jpg.7e826c5c0369dc9a7caf049cfe0c68f8.jpg

Gotta get the real thing. Come out to vegas and I'll show you the real way to clean them and get the best smoke possible!

• Like 2